+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [ADDON] nkWardrobe

Champion

Default [ADDON] nkWardrobe

The current Version of this addon is V1.1.0. It's available at Curse and should show up at RiftUI very soon. Please make sure you get the latest version as it has gained quite some functionality in this latest update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nkWardrobe is a fairly simple addon trying to help you in maintaing and switching gear sets. If you are like my and constantly forget what equipment set is for what soul this addon might help you a lot.

Addon button

The addon will display a 'nk Button' which allows for quick configuration of all of my addons. So all my addons (if you installed more than one) will use that button. By Left-Clicking on the button you'll get a menu where you can select 'nkWardrobe'. Then again a new menu will show up allowing you to activate 'sets' / saving equipment sets and accessing configuration.

Saving an equipment set will simply save your current equipment to that 'set'. So make sure to manually equip the items before.

Set button

You'll find a new 'set button' below the minimap. Using this button you can switch very easy from one set (role / equipment / nkRebuff Set) with two simple mouse clicks.

LeftCick will show the sets which are configured (icons)
    RightClick + Drag will allow you to move the button around
    CenterClick will open the configuration

Configuration

In the configuration you setup the addon (mostly the set button) and maintain the various sets. For each set you can specify

* a name for easy identifying
    * an equipment set which should be loaded when activating the set
    * a role which you want to switch to when activating th set
    * an icon for the set to be used on the set button
    * if nkRebuff is also installed there'll be another option to specify which nkRebuff Set should be activated

Please note that for most changes in the configuration screen you'll have to /reloadui for them to take effect.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 12-12-2011 at 02:52 PM.

will this pull items out of wardrobe slots as well as bag slots?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    will this pull items out of wardrobe slots as well as bag slots?
    This addon is bascially an UI around the macro commands /savequip X and /loadequip X with some additional stuff as role changing and setting up nkRebuff in the same go.

The main purpose are:

- Help old people like me who tend to forget what number that darn Tank equip is saved under
    - Combine all different macros you'd normally have to switch roles into one convenient button

Especially with the synergie crystals it's very nice that you just have to hit one button and everything gets set up by the addon.

So what it can do is the same as the macro command /savequip and /loadequip do. They will pull the equipment you saved under a certain set from your bags and equip it. However it will not equip stuff into your wardrobe slots. I'd have to look if there are macro commands for wardrobe handling available, yet.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 12-12-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Champion

Just released version 2.0.0 which is a major rework of the addon. It now features a visual equipment manager. You can maintain as many sets as you like, name them and set the set up by drag&drop the item from your bag to the coresponding slot.

On top of that you can load equipment sets from / to bank with the click of one button. That should make things a bit less messier in your bags.

This is the first version of the reworked mechanism. Allthough the addon works quite good already, there might be problems I haven't found so far. So let me know if there's anything not working the way it should.

Cheers
    N.

Version 2.0.0

* Major rework of the UI
    * new visual configuration of equipment sets
    * sets are no longer maintained through macros so there's no limit to the number of sets
    * many related stuff
    * updated nkGenie to V1.2.2
    * added nkTools V1.0.10

Running into a few errors with the new engine.

When making a new gear set, sometimes not all the items will apear in the slots (as in no icon) but when you mouse over it you get the proper tool tip.

When you try to equip that set you get a
    Code:
    Error:
    nkWardrobe/main.lua:125 attempt to concatenate field 'item' (a boolean value)
    In nkWardrobe / eventHandler, event Event.System.Update.Begin
    stack traceback: nkWardrobe/main.lua:125: in function <nkWardrobe/main.lua:102>
    This is displayed for each item that does not have an icon. It is also displayed when swapping between sets on your Equipment Tab, the Name also does not update.

Iniitally I tried to fix the problem by deleting all of your addons and all the settings files and reinstalling everything and setting it up from 0. This did not work.

I then tried swapping between the sets on the Equipment page and re doing the 'Asign Current Equipment' button. Each time 1 or 2 more icons would show. Once they were all there I could not get it to equip still (same error message).

I then deleted everything again and made a blank set called Tank. /reloadui Hitting Equip Items does not give the error message. Equiping 1 helm for Tank and 1 helm for DPS also did not give an error message.

Hitting 'Asign Current Equip' gave a bunch of error messages (and had blank icons for chest, gloves, belt). I'm not sure the best way to give this message, so I will paraphrase:

Code:
    Error: Incorrect Function Usage -
    It goes on to descirbe Inspect.Item.Detail and lists everything possible about any item.
    In nkWardrobe / nkWardrobe.nkWardrobeConfigbtbtLoadFromEquip:LeftClick
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'Detail' nkWardrobe/config.lua:469 in function 'updateEquipment'
    nkWardrobe/configlua:233 in function 'loadCurrentEquip'
    nkWardrobe/config.lua:133: in function 'func'
    nkGenie/button.lua:31: in function <nkGenie/button.lua:31>
    Then I tried adding one item at a time. This seemed to only work if none of the items I added were currently equipped.

I now have 5 sets of equipment set up for all 5 roles and they swap without issue. It just seems for whatever reason that adding items currently equipped and / or assigning all currently equipped items breaks the addon.

The new engine is very nice though for having several sets with just 1 or 2 differences. Makes adding upgrades easier as well.

Thank you!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    Running into a few errors with the new engine.
    Yeah something doesn't work quite right, but can't say what it is, yet. The routine which scans your equip is quite simple and either it should work for none or for all of your equip. Even stranger, that the tooltip appears. I'll have to look into this some more tonight or tomorrow.

Does it work better if you drag&drop an item from your bag to the slot? It has to be in the bag as I don't support drag&drop from equipped slots, yet.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 12-30-2011 at 01:47 AM.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    Yeah something doesn't work quite right, but can't say what it is, yet. The routine which scans your equip is quite simple and either it should work for none or for all of your equip. Even stranger, that the tooltip appears. I'll have to look into this some more tonight or tomorrow.
    Keep in mind that I think you're one of the first major users of the equipping-items API. I don't want to encourage you to report *everything* as an API bug, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if there's a bug or two lurking. As usual, if you can provide repro steps we can get things patched up and stable.

In the case of the equipment-showing-up-incorrectly bug, it may be worth closing and reopening the character sheet to see if that fixes things. Let me know if that does the trick.

Reproduce:
    - Make a new set by hitting 'add new set'
    - Unequip all items from character
    - Only equip Damon's Anointed Helm, Hauberk, Gloves, and Greaves
    - Hit 'Asign Current Equip'
    - Error messages pop up
    - No equipment Icons show in the addon (they do on the paper doll 'c')
    - Mouse Over the places Icons should be and they show the proper tool tip.

- Exit Game completely and re log back on.
    - Select the new Equipment Set from list
    - It does not change the icons (all the icons from the working set are still shown)
    - Error messages are given
    - If you mouse over the icons only the 4 pieces from above show even though they are not displaying the correct icon and there are additional icons in other slots from the working set, but those tool tips do not show. Basically the tool tips work as above.
    - To be clear, the default player portrait works just fine

Fix -
    - Delete the bugged set
    - Add New Set and select it
    - Unequip all items from the player portrait (c)
    - Drag icons from bags to the Equipment Slots in the addon (same 4 pieces)
    - Their tool tips and icons display properly
    - Equiping this set works without error messages and no issues.

So, whatever method is being used to scan the equiped icons is half way working (updating tool tips, but not icons) but does not allow the add on to proceed. The method being used to add an item from the inventory is working great.

I hope the detailed steps are enough to allow you to reproduce the problem. If you need any further testing please let me know!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Keep in mind that I think you're one of the first major users of the equipping-items API. I don't want to encourage you to report *everything* as an API bug, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if there's a bug or two lurking. As usual, if you can provide repro steps we can get things patched up and stable.

In the case of the equipment-showing-up-incorrectly bug, it may be worth closing and reopening the character sheet to see if that fixes things. Let me know if that does the trick.
    Other than the throtteling mechanism to be a bit on the extrem restricted side, I think most works ok. However I'm toying around with some ideas which would take things to another level, so you'll never know what might show up.

As far as I could find out so far the current bugs with nkWardrobe are more related to people trying to load the equip without all slots occupied with equip and me not checking that condition. The most commen one was that people use 2h weapons so the offhand slot is not set. That caused some major troubles. A new version will come in a hour or two.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 12-30-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Champion

Version 2.0.1

* all sets created prior to 2.0.1 are deleted
    * fix for a number of problems with loading equip
    * confirmation message when deleting set
    * confirmation message when loading set
    * error message when trying to delete last set

* updated nkGenie to V1.2.3

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Version 2.0.2

* improved ui
    * better functionality to switch items from / to bank
    * better tooltip handling
    * fixed a couple of minor bugs

* updated nkGenie to V1.2.4
    > fix for combo not showing all values on update of selection

Cheers
    N.

Great addon, getting used to it, feedback is:

Functionality
    would like to be able to choose wardrobe slot as part of a NKwardrobe setting
    would like to put items to and from wardrobe (probably not possible)

UI
    High-lighting, changing backround colour of the active fields etc to make UI clearer about what and how you are editing.
    Using different terms, for config sets, and rebuff sets and equipments sets, not set 3 times.
    Something like: Equipment Set, Rebuff Preset, NK Ident or whatever, but a way of making clearer which of the 3 sets of sets you are setting, currently.

Great work on these thought nevertheless.
    Last edited by Gradient; 01-02-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Love the addon, but since the last update I've been getting this everytime I mouse over any nk Icon.

Code:
    ------
    Error: nk Genie/itemtooltip.lua:57 : attempt to index global 'nkitembase' (a nil value)
     In nk Wardrobe /
    stack traceback:
     nk Genie/itemtooltip/luya:57 : in function 'update'
     nkGenie/main.lua:58 : in function 'CreateFrame'
     nkWardrobe/button.lua:242 : in function 'ShowHelp'
     nkWardrobe/button.lua:64 : in function 'func'
     nkGenie/texture/lua:88 : in function <nkGenie/texture/lua:88>
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Is it possible that mousing over the set change icons would display their name - I have a lot of set variants counting raid, pvp, pve/solo setups etc.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

The 2.1.0 version seems to be good, no errors so far. Really loving the addon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast