+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Request] Zone Event Monitor addon

Default [Request] Zone Event Monitor addon

As it is the state of 50's chat on most servers is fairly juvenile and rarely constructive, yet we are forced to have it open because it's where the zone event announcements are made (or you could stare at your map... less thrilling)

Would someone please develop an add-on that parses the /log file for the Zone events?

I'd request it created a pop up w/ a Clear button, make a sound, and even flash the Rift Icon in the task bar like ready checks and group invites do ( for those of us tabbed out while waiting for the next event to happen)

Is this possible? Is there enough demand for it to be made?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

It's a reasonable request, but the API isn't mature enough to be able to do this......we don't have any way to know when a zone event starts, and an in-game Addon can't parse the /log file.
    a community-oriented site for all things Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    As it is the state of 50's chat on most servers is fairly juvenile and rarely constructive, yet we are forced to have it open because it's where the zone event announcements are made (or you could stare at your map... less thrilling)

Would someone please develop an add-on that parses the /log file for the Zone events?

I'd request it created a pop up w/ a Clear button, make a sound, and even flash the Rift Icon in the task bar like ready checks and group invites do ( for those of us tabbed out while waiting for the next event to happen)

Is this possible? Is there enough demand for it to be made?
    Not addon related, but: I have a small program called MMO Logwatch (not rift specific) that monitors logfiles and provides an alert (email, sms, growl) if certain conditions are met (private tell, zone event etc etc), so you know it's time to Alt-Tab back to the game asap.

All it does is read the logfile in realtime and produce alerts, doesn't interact with the game in any way. The old link to it is dead, I'll upload a copy this evening (with a pre-configured Rift profile). It's written in a few lines of autohotkey so you can check the source code.
    Last edited by NerfedWar; 12-13-2011 at 06:36 AM.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

I did find a way to make ACT do this, but the SMS thing of MMOwatch is kind of cool
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Soulwalker

Default Please

Sound very good, where did you upload the link? Would be really cool as i'm looking for a long time for a addon like this.
    In addition: How is it possible with ACT?

Could you just have it run off of the in game map? It informs you when a zone starts and has an icon in that area as long as it is active.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Could you just have it run off of the in game map? It informs you when a zone starts and has an icon in that area as long as it is active.
    Since the API has absolutely NO means of seeing the map or what is displayed on it then NO this cannot be used at present.

The API is slowly growing in what is possible, however at present it is simply not possible to track zone events in an addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamun View Post
    Sound very good, where did you upload the link? Would be really cool as i'm looking for a long time for a addon like this.
    In addition: How is it possible with ACT?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3340069

+ Reply to Thread