+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Library] LibAccounts -- unique account IDs

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default [Library] LibAccounts -- unique account IDs

LibAccounts is basically the trivial thing Zorba pointed out about using account-specific savedvariables to store local IDs. It stores lists of known characters by account, it lets you ask which account a character is on, and stuff like that. IDs are just 1, 2, 3, etcetera; there's no exposure of actual account info. There's also a proof-of-concept function to list all the characters "reachable from" a given character -- that is to say, everyone that's on the same account, or on the same faction, or on the same account as an alt of the same faction, etcetera.

http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...bAccounts.html

This mostly exists because I want to embed it in LibBaggotry to make my life easier.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Any chance of uploading to Curse?

I'm too lazy to maintain two copies. I have a hard enough time remembering to keep even one site updated when I fix stuff.

I'm gonna try to remember to, in an upcoming pass, make sure my addons all have explicit licensing permitting copies and uploads and such, though.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Update: I added a COPYRIGHT to the stuff I'm actively working on, and any new updates of my addons will have it. It's BSD 2-clause, and this certainly extends to permission to copy the addons elsewhere if you want.

Ultimately, I'm writing addons because I want to have them, and I'm factoring out libraries because that makes it easier for me to maintain my addons. I have no real need for control here.

+ Reply to Thread