+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get the Out of range/out of LoS information?

General of Telara

Default How to get the Out of range/out of LoS information?

I'm assuming it's not possible currently but just in case...

I'm currently working on some custom raid frames (with some click-to-heal stuff), but can't figure how to detect when a raid member gets out of range/LoS (like raid frames are showing it), to be able to display it in a similar way than on basic raid frames.

Any suggestions on how to do it?

Not sure how well this would work, but you can try it. Check the appropriate Event.Combat.?? events you want to use. If you have the Ability or AbilityName AND Caster, but Target == nil, then chances are good the cast failed due to LoS, range, or something like that.

Ability + Caster - Target = failed.

Of course, if you can target someone who is out of LoS or range, the cast still fails and I'm out of ideas.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Not sure how well this would work, but you can try it. Check the appropriate Event.Combat.?? events you want to use. If you have the Ability or AbilityName AND Caster, but Target == nil, then chances are good the cast failed due to LoS, range, or something like that.

Of course, if you can target someone who is out of LoS or range, the cast still fails and I'm out of ideas.

Thats not even an option with clicking macros. Would be hell to target the person and then use the click frames. We need details.aggro and details.los
    I already wrote Rift Healer addon and could use both those identifiers badly.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post

Yeah need something reliable to bother displaying it.

Hopefully we can get some additionnal fields in Inspect.Unit.Detail soon that would make it easy.

+ Reply to Thread