+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any chance of a function to determine direction/facing/heading?

Rift Disciple

Default Any chance of a function to determine direction/facing/heading?

One of my few peeves with the Rift UI is how hard it is to determine which direction you're facing. Yes, there's an arrow on the minimap, but if you're near any sort of other icon, that arrow is likely to be buried.

For me, the best solution would be something similar to the compass from EQ2:

[W..nw..(N)..ne..E]

If you turn 45 degrees to the left:

[sw..W..(nw)..N..ne]

I'd even be willing to try learning Lua to create an addon like this. But currently there does not appear to be any existing function that reports your character's direction. No clue how much effort would be required to expose this information through the Lua API, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Thanks!

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Beldacar View Post
    One of my few peeves with the Rift UI is how hard it is to determine which direction you're facing. Yes, there's an arrow on the minimap, but if you're near any sort of other icon, that arrow is likely to be buried.

For me, the best solution would be something similar to the compass from EQ2:

[W..nw..(N)..ne..E]

If you turn 45 degrees to the left:

[sw..W..(nw)..N..ne]

I'd even be willing to try learning Lua to create an addon like this. But currently there does not appear to be any existing function that reports your character's direction. No clue how much effort would be required to expose this information through the Lua API, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Thanks!
    There isn't at the moment, you're right. It will likely show up at the same time as a bunch of map/minimap/location functionality.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    There isn't at the moment, you're right. It will likely show up at the same time as a bunch of map/minimap/location functionality.
    Thanks. Looking forward to it!

+ Reply to Thread