Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Magetron
  • 1 Post By Gurgi of Prydain
  • 1 Post By Kaupus

Thread: Wire's Raidkiller vs King Boss Mods:

Default Wire's Raidkiller vs King Boss Mods:

Which do you prefer?
    Why?
    Which do you see having the better future?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Champion of Telara

Bad post, will only cause trolling and arguments.

Both of the addons have their faults.

KM needs to allow scaling of the bars etc, if its possible i am a ****** that cant find it but if its not there, it needs to be, also there are still some timers missing but i am guessing thats coming with time.

Wired's has the scaling and everything but the timers are off on most bosses, obviously because of lack of testing and they will end up getting fixed.

Both have the issue of sometimes certain mechanics timers not appearing/not updating in mid combat.

Off my head, KM has an issue with Revenant on Molinar since it happened yesterday so its fresh ;p (will check Garau/Imwar and Akylios today) and Wired's has an issue with Akylios timers/phases and some phases on other bosses that i cant recall now.

I hope both addons stay alive and updated frequently cause when they are done its gonna be up to what you like to use.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Wired's has the scaling and everything but the timers are off on most bosses, obviously because of lack of testing and they will end up getting fixed.
    Which timers specifically are off? It would be helpful if you gave more information other than to simply say that most of them are off, which is wholly untrue. I have had no problems with my timers being off, however some of the casts on some bosses are variable so that would alter the timer for that cast due to the boss casting other spells or what have you. I can assure you that it is not due to lack of testing, however.

the wired timers do tend to get funky and off if you wipe a lot but nothing a reload ui or reset the addon doesn't fix I think it says that in the UI too if i'm not mistaken

I like both but I tend to like KMs flash and feel a little better but that's purely taste

I have donated to both for there hard work as I actually use both addons and switch between them depending on the fight. Would be awesome if they could work together but I guess that would defeat the purpose and be pretty impossible since they are in different guilds (and different factions)

what a dream team that would be though eh?
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Plane Walker

I like King Boss Mod better. Wired interface does not do it for me and the timer was off a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by mdnitesky View Post
    I can assure you that it is not due to lack of testing, however.
    +1 for, "Bad post, will only cause trolling and arguments."

Champion

I used Raid Killer myself and with the exception of the very rare weird pull the addon is rarely off. I've never tried King Boss mod but I'm interested to hear what people say are the pros and cons. IMO Addons > setting up ACT timers and possibly just hoping everyone is paying attention.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

KM for overall timer/mechanic watching but do use wiredNPsee to track multiple mobs hp.

Meat is murder, tasty, tasty murder.

+ Reply to Thread