+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [ADDON] KM:Boss Mods

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #91
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by RacingRat View Post
    As of 1.6.1, an outdated version of KBM seems to crash the game client on pull. Disabling the addon fixed the crashes our raid was having last night.
    If this is the bug that's causing the majority of our crashes, it should be fixed in the next patch or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    If this is the bug that's causing the majority of our crashes, it should be fixed in the next patch or two.
    Silver lining is the bug may not be KBM's fault, but if running the latest version causes no crashes, then it's indicative that people should always update to the latest version of any addon. Older versions aren't bugfixed and improved; only the latest is worked on. Just my two Canadian cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    If it's an Old version would imagine it's the SetParent() thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Silver lining is the bug may not be KBM's fault, but if running the latest version causes no crashes, then it's indicative that people should always update to the latest version of any addon. Older versions aren't bugfixed and improved; only the latest is worked on. Just my two Canadian cents.
    Yeah, oh to have someway to recall versions or block them from running with a nice message to update to the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingRat View Post
    As of 1.6.1, an outdated version of KBM seems to crash the game client on pull. Disabling the addon fixed the crashes our raid was having last night.

Seems to occur only after a wipe, on any boss. Somehow 5 of our raid had this problem, was very funny on our second pull on zilas. Only figured out the issue when reenabling addons for King Molinar.

The people with an updated version of the addon would not have any issues at all.

Just throwing this out here, may it help people!

(Ps, haven't been able to test if updating would actually fix it for me, as I only figured it out on our last pull of the night)
    There's a bit of a background with the older versions of KBM. An API patch a while back caused it to explode, then, a recent patch in 1.6.1 highlighted the bug even more. A command in the API is currently broken, and unfortunately, older versions of KBM used that command extensively for recycling purposes.

The current version of KBM avoids the command entirely, so this will be why your guild mates with the latest version don't suffer from the same issues.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Default 0.7.8

v0.7.8
    =====
    * Options
    ** Fixed: Per-Character saving was not working 100% accurately.
    ** New: All option text has been given shadows for better clarity.
    ** New: Encounters now have a more in-depth customization level.
    ** New: Fully enable or disable individual encounters from triggering.
    * Encounter & Enrage Timers
    ** New: Select Encounter and Enrage Timer activations for each encounter.
    ** New: Customize Encounter and Enrage Timer sizes for each encounter.
    * Phase Monitor
    ** Fixed: Almost all settings were being ignored. It should behave now.
    ** New: Select Phase and Objective tracking activations for each encounter.
    ** New: Customize Phase and Objective tracking sizes for each encounter.
    * Castbars
    ** New: Enable or Disable Castbars for individual encounters.
    ** New: Customize Castbars size and color for each encounter, and for each supported Unit.
    ** New: Supported Castbars now allow you to define Castbar color for that ability only.
    ** New: Castbars have had a make-over and now have a similar look to Timers.
    * Mechanic Timers
    ** New: Enable or Disable mechanic timers per boss or encounter.
    ** New: Customize Timer bars color on a per timer basis.
    * Alerts
    ** New: Enable or Disable Alerts per boss or encounter.
    ** New: Set Alert text positioning on a per encounter basis.
    ** New: Customize encounter flash colors.
    ** Fixed: Stopped a rare case where Alerts could trigger Alerts after a wipe/encounter.
    * Hammerknell
    ** New: All encounters can now be fully customized.
    ** New: Preparations made to fully enable or disable any encounter.
    ** Fixed: Grugonim: Internal Tower phase tracking wasn't working as intended.
    ** Fixed: Grugonim: Breath counts were not being recognized.
    ** Fixed: Akylios: Rare case where Breath could trigger it's duration state after a wipe.
    ** New: Estrode: Screen alert added for Mistress of the Rift buff (flashing orange)
    ** Change: King Molinar: Worded Percentage Monitor options a little clearer.
    ** Change: Akylios: Screen alert for Mind Decay is now solid. (purple)
    ** Change: Akylios: Screen alert for Suffocating Orb is now solid. (orange)
    * Green Scale's Blight
    * Fixed: Duke Letareus: Phase Tracking error.
    * German Translations
    ** Added: HK: Grugonim: Manifested Death
    * French Translations
    ** Added: HK: Grugonim: Manifested Death
    * Tank-Swap
    ** Disabled: For German and French clients only. See below.
    ** Note: This is now receiving a full re-write in order to address CPU usage.
    ** Note: This tool will be making a full return in 0.7.9, but only if I'm happy with stability.
    ** Note: The new Tank-Swap monitor will include HP displays for all tanks, and Mouse-over functionality.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Nice update, thanks.
    --BC

v0.7.9
    =====
    * Castbars
    ** Fixed: Error when changing shadow/texture options while not visible.
    ** Fixed: Settings where not being actively applied until the next /reloadui or restart.
    ** Fixed: Error when switching Timer States when the sub menu isn't active. (1702 error)
    * Alerts
    ** Fixed: Custom color settings were not actively apply during combat/session.
    ** Fixed: Once applied custom colors were always used, which lost default colors.
    * Castbar Triggers
    ** Fixed: Casting states were not correctly resetting after multiple casts of the same type.
    ** Fixed: Alerts and Timers related to casts should now be working correctly.
    * Hammerknell
    ** Change: Restored lost default settings, and removed various ghost timers/alerts from menus.
    ** Added: Rune King Molinar: Alert for Frightening Shout (flashing purple).
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Nice update, thanks.
    Thanks, and apologies for the settings glitches. So many permutations to test.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

huge thanks to you semele for the add on work! im currently using v7.7 and on molinar the main bar is not resetting after wipes. the only way i could get it to reset properly was log out. ill update to 7.9 and we should get some more attempts in today. if it still isnt working ill get back to you.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    huge thanks to you semele for the add on work! im currently using v7.7 and on molinar the main bar is not resetting after wipes. the only way i could get it to reset properly was log out. ill update to 7.9 and we should get some more attempts in today. if it still isnt working ill get back to you.
    Thanks for the feedback.

The latest version has had a rewrite, specifically with King Molinar. Should hopefully fix any issues with it. You may want to grab the below though. I had a conflict with Simple Meter since we both used the same variable.. oops.

v0.8.0
    * Fixed: Removed some sneaky variables using the Global Name-space. Simple Meter uses the global name space.
    * Hammerknell
    ** Added: Akylios: Optional percentage based trigger for Phase 2 if for some reason the say trigger fails.
    ** Note: If during your pull, Phase 2 does not start, enable the percentage trigger.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    The latest version has had a rewrite, specifically with King Molinar. Should hopefully fix any issues with it. You may want to grab the below though. I had a conflict with Simple Meter since we both used the same variable.. oops.
    What variable was it? It actually blows my mind that Addons aren't isolated from each other...
    Author of SimpleMeter

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

v0.8.0
    * Fixed: Removed some sneaky variables using the Global Name-space. Simple Meter uses the global name space.
    * Hammerknell
    ** Added: Akylios: Optional percentage based trigger for Phase 2 if for some reason the say trigger fails.
    ** Note: If during your pull, Phase 2 does not start, enable the percentage trigger.
    updated to 8.0 and had no issues tonight. thanks again for a great mod!
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Quote Originally Posted by Jorast View Post
    What variable was it? It actually blows my mind that Addons aren't isolated from each other...
    encounter

RiftCount did the same thing

Just need to local the function and you'll be safe from any other addons.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    updated to 8.0 and had no issues tonight. thanks again for a great mod!
    Thanks! And good to get feedback when it works too, means I can relax a little and start updating the older content to the new engine along with more advanced features.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Default v0.8.1

v0.8.1
    * New: All 20 man raids are now fully converted to the new engine.
    * Tank-Swap Monitor
    ** New: All T-SM text has received shadows for better clarity.
    ** New: All tanks now have HP display updated real-time.
    ** New: Tanks death states are now tracked.
    ** Change: The main monitoring engine has been overhauled to improve performance. Feedback welcome.
    ** Change: With the above in mind, French and German client T-SM's have been re-enabled.
    ** Change: Options: Closing the options window with Test Tanks visible, will uncheck the item.
    * Phase Monitor
    ** New: Phase Monitor anchor text will automatically be shown/hidden if an encounter starts/ends and is visible.
    ** New: Phase Monitor anchor will auto-hide if the monitor is disabled for the current encounter.
    ** New: If the Phase Monitor is disabled, the anchor will no long be visible/adjustable.
    * Alerts
    ** Fixed: Older alerts would throw an error after v0.7.9 changes.
    ** Change: Alert graphics now take up a fraction of the space and memory.
    * Hammerknell
    ** Change: Rune King Molinar: Percentage Monitor will no longer be hidden by the options window.
    * River of Souls
    ** Dark Foci
    *** Change: Converted to the new engine.
    ** Warmaster Galenir
    *** New: Per-Character saving enabled.
    *** Fixed: Tank-Swap: Debuff name was incorrect for Infecting Strike.
    ** Plutonus the Immortal
    ** Herald Gaurath
    ** Alsbeth the Discordant
    * Greenscale's Blight
    ** Duke Letareus
    *** Change: Converted to the new engine, you can enable all alerts.
    ** Infiltrator Johlen
    *** New: Added phase tracking to the encounter.
    *** New: Added Objective and percentage monitoring.
    *** New: Alert then countdown for Blinding Bomb detonation.
    *** New: Alert then countdown for Devastating Bomb phase transition.
    ** Oracle Aleria
    *** New: Added phase tracking to the encounter.
    *** New: Added Objective and percentage monitoring.
    *** New: Added tracking for Primal and Necrotic Werewolves.
    *** New: Personal Screen Alert added for Necrotic Eruption (purple)
    *** New: Mechanic Timer add for Necrotic Eruption.
    ** Prince Hylas
    ** Lord Greenscale
    * Rise of the Phoenix
    ** Change: Ereandorn: Converted to the new engine, you can enable all alerts.
    ** Change: Beruhast: Converted to the new engine, you can enable all Alerts and Timers again.
    ** Change: General Silgen: Converted to the new engine.
    ** Change: High Priest Arakhurn: Converted to the new engine.
    * French Translations
    ** Added: Murdantix: Tank-Swap debuff for Mangled.
    ** Added: Matron Zamira: Tank-Swap debuff for Matron's Curse.
    ** Added: Grugonim: Tank-Swap debuff for Heart Stopping Toxin.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Hi all,

As some of you may know I spend a good amount of time searching for videos of KBM in action to better gauge how people are using it, and monitor its performance to ensure it's working as I intended.

A common trend I'm seeing is that Anchors are never being turned off and thus litter the screen (I'm fairly sure this isn't what you the player had in mind, it certainly wasn't my intention). So, with this, I'm changing how anchors and the layout process works slightly.

What will change?
    Well, from 0.8.2, anchors will only ever appear while the options page is open, and will never be visible during an encounter. In 0.8.3 this will be further improved with the options screen becoming barely visible if you move your mouse over an anchor.

Also in 0.8.2 and 0.8.3, by default, when you click on an encounters menu option, all available features for that encounter will become visible and unlocked (for positioning only). You'll still have to unlock sizing options manually due to how these work.

I hope these changes allow for easier "out-of-the-box" setup and less confusion when cross-language support is lacking.

Any feedback on this upcoming change is more than welcome.
    Last edited by Semele; 12-20-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast