+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Auction House Addon?

Shadowlander

Default Auction House Addon?

Will you guys be able to make a addon to make posting auctions easier? it's redicoulous that i have to right click in browse..find lowest price..swap to post and manually put in a slightly lower price.

If i was only doing 10 to 20 aucions a day sure but i average 200 to 1000 auctions per day.

Once the API exposes the auction house information, someone will get on that. It isn't possible yet, though
    a community-oriented site for all things Rift

Shadowlander

Ty that answered my question. Now to try and post my 1000 auctions for the day before patch sigh.

Rift Disciple

Yea cant wait for this to happen some day. I find it a real chore to post a lot of items.

I hear that posting items on ah can take up to 3 seconds per item PER DAY!
    Please addon developers, this shortfall is dramatically cutting into my play time!!!!!11!!!11!21!
    Nope.

as it was stated, addon developers can't do anything for auction house related stuff until the API is released to allow us to access the auction house items.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Please addon developers, this shortfall is dramatically cutting into my play time!!!!!11!!!11!21!
    It sounds funny until you spend a couple of hours artifact-hunting and want to list the artifacts you found.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    It sounds funny until you spend a couple of hours artifact-hunting and want to list the artifacts you found.
    indeed. i have about 200 artifacts on my alt i post every 2 days. usually takes about an hour to list them all.

ignorance is bliss though, eh?

Is there some downside to auctioneer apps that im not seeing? It seems like there must be because Trion has held them off limits for a reason (probably). Can anyone enlighten me?

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lythe View Post
    Is there some downside to auctioneer apps that im not seeing? It seems like there must be because Trion has held them off limits for a reason (probably). Can anyone enlighten me?
    It's not really that they're off-limits, it's just that the add-on api is still heavily under development and the AH portions haven't been tackled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythe View Post
    The big problem is that they are not as important as the other stuff they've been working on.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

hummm, well i guess they are working on some great stuff then. (^.^) but from a day to day perspective i would argue that the AH addons are pretty important, its good to hear that there isn't some deeper reasoning behind this though. I hope they don't have to wait for too much longer.

Well, the ability to interact with bags and items is pretty huge.

Dodgy area.

When I was posting arties a while back, on a few different occasions, I was posting them all at the same price. The default 1s bid and a 20g BO. This meant I could get into a system of posting super quick, I broke the game, over 400 auctions (that I know of, i.e. that Trion eventually tracked down from logs) disappeared at time out with bids on them.

I was told to post slowly from then on. If there is ever going to be addons to post for you, they either need to limit the rate or make the game able to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    3 seconds per item is still 3,000 for 1,000 items..

That's 50 minutes...

An hour to post all auctions, and that's if you're doing it at a constant pace of 3s per item...

For huge AH users, this could actually be an issue...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast