+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Auction House Addon?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AWHavoc View Post
    3 seconds per item is still 3,000 for 1,000 items..

That's 50 minutes...

An hour to post all auctions, and that's if you're doing it at a constant pace of 3s per item...

For huge AH users, this could actually be an issue...
    I often have 200 to 250 ongoing auctions, takes me around 1.5 hour to relist everything. (assuming everything was expired).

So I miss the possibility to relist in 1 click (a la auctioneer)? Yes I do.

What I would rather see is sticky prices that works. At the moment, only 5 % of my auctions prices are remembered when I relist them.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team

I don't have the tools available right now to do a proper set of release notes, but interested addon developers may want to check out Inspect.Auction.* and Command.Auction.* on the PTS.

I'll post real release notes and documentation tomorrow.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    I don't have the tools available right now to do a proper set of release notes, but interested addon developers may want to check out Inspect.Auction.* and Command.Auction.* on the PTS.

Excited!

Just a quick question. (btw I am assuming that there is already possible to post auctions) Are the Command.Auction.* throttled in any way? Because I heard that in the past there were problems when some players *manually* posted a huge number of auctions one after another, so I can imagine addons posting auctions would cause the same issues.
    Last edited by Matrix; 01-11-2012 at 06:32 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Excited!

Just a quick question. (btw I am assuming that there is already possible to post auctions) Are the Command.Auction.* throttled in any way? Because I heard that in the past there were problems when some players *manually* posted a huge number of auctions one after another, so I can imagine addons posting auctions would cause the same issues.
    Yes, though not throttled by very much. We encourage developers to stresstest the API on the PTS - remember you can copy characters from the main server in order to get a bunch of stuff to post on the AH.

If it becomes a problem, it's reasonably simple to throttle it further (or, possibly better, fix whatever is causing the problem.)

Telaran

Yes, though not throttled by very much. We encourage developers to stresstest the API on the PTS - remember you can copy characters from the main server in order to get a bunch of stuff to post on the AH.

If it becomes a problem, it's reasonably simple to throttle it further (or, possibly better, fix whatever is causing the problem.)
    Excelent, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I hear that posting items on ah can take up to 3 seconds per item PER DAY!
    Please addon developers, this shortfall is dramatically cutting into my play time!!!!!11!!!11!21!
    Well, since you obviously haven't mastered 3rd grade reading yet, let me attempt help you out.

First, call upstairs to your mommy and get here to read this for you.

Second. Yes, it does only take about 3 seconds to POST an auction, but in order to find other similar items currently on the auction house and determine a reasonable, current, selling price, it takes much longer than that.

Finally, you will have to factor that in for each item that you wish to sell, thus anyone with above a 3rd grade IQ can clearly see that it can take significantly LONGER than "3 seconds per item".

Thanks for helping explain this to your son Mrs. Primalthirst. Please allow little Johnny to return to trolling the boards once he understands this, and make sure he eats all his vegetables.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Yayyyy.

Looking forward to this.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Hey Zorba, remember way back in the old days I suggested turning the AH into something more akin to a real AH, complete with bid and buyout information, sales history, and other good stuff? Just think of what happens at a typical Christie's auction. Any chance of having Rift's AH be better than any other game's?

It might pay for testers and developers to know exactly how this problem hits as it wouldn't be clear without that knowledge.

I had over 400 auctions disappear, over two or three separate occasions, but it wasn't until time out, i.e. they were on the AH.

Meaning that if someone developed an addon, tested it, saw that the addon successfully posted all the auctions in a short time, they might rest on their laurels.

It wasn't until the auctions with bids (or without) went the full term that I noticed what should have been a very full mailbox was a completely empty mailbox.

Next time I took more notice and sure enough as the 48 hr period approached still with over 100 auctions showing, one minute they are there on the AH, next minute they are gone, with no mail.

It's also worth noting that support had no record of the auctions, every item they had a record of being listed they had a record of return or sail and delivery of funds. It wasn't until T2 or T3 w/e dug deep into logs that they found them.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 01-11-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Hey Zorba, remember way back in the old days I suggested turning the AH into something more akin to a real AH, complete with bid and buyout information, sales history, and other good stuff? Just think of what happens at a typical Christie's auction. Any chance of having Rift's AH be better than any other game's?
    I would love to see "buy orders" added. Sales history, I figure I can do myself.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    It might pay for testers and developers to know exactly how this problem hits as it wouldn't be clear without that knowledge.

I had over 400 auctions disappear, over two or three separate occasions, but it wasn't until time out, i.e. they were on the AH.
    Honestly, if this sort of thing keeps happening, it's an AH bug and not an auction API bug. Definitely report it via CS and possibly as a bug.

Honestly, if this sort of thing keeps happening, it's an AH bug and not an auction API bug. Definitely report it via CS and possibly as a bug.
    It doesn't keep happening, as I don't post super quick any more, as advised by support.

I know it's an AH/game bug. My point was, in order for addon creators to test their addons posted multiple auctions without a problem/the throttling is enough, the auctions would need to be left for the full duration, with a bid on a good number of them, to see if they return as unsold/sold at bid after the 48 hrs.

Of course it's better that whatever it is gets fixed, support are well aware of my case, but as you said, you encourage testing, testing without this knowledge of auctions appearing to post fine but actually not posting fine, would be in vain.

I don't log in anymore.

Is it that they don't post fine, or that they do but they don't expire correctly? I am not sure this difference matters much to users, but it might matter to players.

Might also be interesting to know whether bids on such auctions work -- does the bidder get the item?

Well to your first question, they posted fine as far as the players were concerned as they were visible and able to be bought/bid, however from logs, at first support level, they never existed. As to your second question, that I don't know, bids showed on the items during the duration but then ???.

All I can say is auctions were visible.
    Auctions had bids (possibly all of them, but not sure).
    Auctions that were bought out before expiry, payment was received (this can't be a certainty that all were received but definitely a lot were).
    At the end of the 48 hrs, most if not all of the remaining auctions didn't return to mailbox as either item or payment.
    First level support found no record of these auctions being listed, all records of listings were accounted for as returned or payment received.

Escalated support confirmed over 400 auctions not accounted for at an average of 20g (auction bids ranged from 1 silver to probably a few plat) and refunded 80 plat (I wasn't bothered about the plat, I'm just uneasy with things not working).

The escalated support's first concern was the speed at which the auctions had gone up (probably quicker than 1 per second for a lot of them) and advised to post slowly in future. Which I did.

I would expect that if so many auctions indeed didn't get delivered to the buyer, support would have been made aware of that by at least some of the buyers, but I can't say either way.

I don't log in anymore.

I gotta say -- if I bid on stuff, I might well simply not notice if the bid never came back in any way, because I forget stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast