+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Addon [nkRogue]

Champion

Default Addon [nkRogue]

Description

Allthough nkRogue hints at an addon only for the rogue class, since version 1.1 it can be used for all classes without limitations!

What nkRogue does is very simple: It tracks buffs you are missing. So in difference to a buff bar addon which shows you how long a buff is still active, this addon will tell you exactly when to renew an important buff. Due to the filtering mechanism you can tailer the list of watched buffs exactly to your needs.

Once the addon is enabled and configured it will show you a bar with icons of all important buffs you are missing. As long as a configured buff is active nothing will be shown. However as soon as there is a buff missing (or a buff is remaining for 5 or less seconds) the icon will apear. This will help you refresh the buff so it is constantly active.

If a buff is only remaining for 5 or less seconds it will be shown on the bar. On top of the icon you'll see a number indicating the remaining number of seconds left before the buff is gone.

Of course the addon also is handy to not forget long term buffs.

Initialization

On first start the addon has absolute no clue which buffs you might have, be able to cast or want to show. So the first thing you have to do is go and buff yourself any buff you want to have tracked in future. The addon automatically regonizes any buff cast on you (by yourself) and will add it to the configuration. Nice isn't it?
    Buff watch sets

The addon allows you to set up 5 completely different buff watch sets. So this way you can have a different set for each of your sole builds. There are three ways of switching the set:

* Auto detect role (see below)
    * Through command line: /nkRogue set=1-5
    * Thorugh configuration screen

As soon as a set has been changed, the addon will imediately switch to that buff set and adjust the missing buff bar accordingly.
    Role auto detection

The addon can automatically recognize if you change your role: tank, dps, support or healer. nkRogue uses the ingame detection so any limitations due to soul builds being not recognized by the system the way you think they should, would also be misinterpreted by the addon.

You can set up which buff watch set belongs to which role in the configuration.

Configuration

You can access the configuration screen by typing /nkrogue config. A window with all configuration options will then show up. There are three different tabs with different settings. You can access a tab by simply left clicking on it.
    Generic settings

Please note that there is a problem with Rift's API that sliders cannot be set to a value by the addon. This means they will not reflect their actual value on startup of the configuration. The values are stored ok, just the slider is misbehaving.

On the generic screen you can set some more generic options:

active

This option disables the addon. It will still run in the background, but will not do anything.

show only in combat

If checked the missing buff bar will only show up if you enter combat. As soon as you leave combat, the bar will be hidden.

By unchecking this option you can make the 'missing buff bar' moveable. Simply drag it to the desired position and re-check the option to save the new position.

scale

You can scale the 'missing buff bar'. Supported ranges are 0 - 200 %. Set the slider to the desired scale and close the configuration window. The screen will update immediatly.

# buffs

Here you can specifiy how many buff icons should be shown on the 'missing buff bar'. Values can range von 3 up to 15.

Tank / DPS / Support / Healer

Using the slider you can set which buff watch set belongs to which role for auto detection. If you don't want to activate a specific buff watch set for a role simply set the slider all the way to the left to deactivate auto switch for that role.
    Buffs w/duration

On this tab all buffs are listed which the system has recognized and which have a limited duration. Any new buff is added here. The addon does not distinguish roles, so the list might grow long over time. Simply check the buffs you want to include in the current watch set.

Below the list of buffs you can find 5 buttons corresponding the buff watch sets. By clicking on a button the coresponding buff watch set will be activated. The activate set is displayed just above the buttons.
    Permanent buffs

This tab shows all permanent buffs the system recognized. The two different tabs (w/duration and permanent) are simpy there to organize them slightly. The functionality is completely the same as on the previous tab. However for swithing the buff watch set you have to go back to tab #2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Addon [nkRogue]-config.jpg  
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Naifu; 10-02-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Naifu, can I ask you to consider releasing it on RiftUI as well?
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us
    be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
    Cairenn, Co-Founder
    and Administrator, RiftUI

Champion

Done that

Cheers
    N.

Thanks Naifu. It's approved and available for download.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us
    be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
    Cairenn, Co-Founder
    and Administrator, RiftUI

Telaran

Great idea! Will need to check this one out.
    Sunrest is the bestest!
    Hercol

Plane Touched

Great idea but currently it's too hardcoded and restricted to some abilities.

Try using the available API to get the abilities list and type for each role and your addon will be much better.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jobar View Post
    Great idea but currently it's too hardcoded and restricted to some abilities.

Try using the available API to get the abilities list and type for each role and your addon will be much better.
    This is not another buff display addon in the conventional way. I does exactly the opposite: Track buffs which are not active and remind you to re-apply them. So some of the rules which apply to general type of buff tracker addons just don't apply here.

At the moment I don't see any way to achive it without hardcoding the abilities to track. You have to keep in mind that I want to:

#1 Know what buff is not active before is even was applied once
    #2 Give the player the choice which buffs to track. For example you can have one out of three ranger buffs or 2 out of x Weapon enchants. Everybody uses different ones. So I want the player to chose which to track

Keeping in mind goal #2 tracking buffs which once were there is a bad idea if you switch these 'one or two out of x" type of buffs. Eventually I want the player to give the possibility to maintain different sets of buff configuration for different soul sets, so he'll can switch around the different configurations - or better once there's an event available in the API do the switch automatically.

Inspect.Ability.Detail() does give no information about wether a ability will result in a buff or not. It returns a lot of usefull information, but nothing I can use for my case.

Finally there are some abilities which result in a buff named differently that the ability itself. Take a look at Bestial Fury which is triggered by Headshot but only if you skill the talent in the soul accordingly.

If you tell me a way how to find out that buff is not applied to the player without hardcoding I'd be implementing that right away. Personally I don't see any other way.

The list of buffs supported is limited to my playstyle as riftstalker and ranger. With more than 10 hours spend on building nkRogue so far, I can't really bother with trying to figure out all different types of buffs usefull for the Rogue at the moment. Allthough it might sound harsch - I couldn't care less about other classes as the name of the addon suggest ;)

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Version 1.02 released

Changes

* when going to config screen only buffs supported by current soul set are being displayed
    * simplified code and buff handling a lot - using ability ID instead of ability / buff name to recognize
    * fixed a major bug when switching soul set
    * buffs are now always center align (bar fills from the mid to outer pos)
    * prepared code for more buffs and resize (coming soon)

Known Issues

* when switching sould set a buff change has to occur for the new icons to show up

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 09-28-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Rift Master

Where are you hosting it, because its not on Curse?
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Champion

Curse is painfully slow in accepting new versions. Try riftui.com

Cheers
    N.

looking for the info to plug in my bard buffs i think once i've added the spells to the following lines as such (hoping this is right)

--nkRogue.buff.English = {"W\195\164chterphase", "Guardian Phase", "Phantom Blow", "Guarded Steel", "Rift Guard", "Planebound Resilience", "Shadow Fire", "Bestial Fury", "Feral Instincts", "Predatory Instincts", "Electrified Munitions", "Rending Munitions", "Motif of Regeneration", "Motif of Focus", "Motif of Grandeur", "Motif of Tenacity", "Anthem of Fervor", "Fanfare of Power"}

Now i would think i would need to add a line along the lines of....

nkRogue.buff.bar = _____

nkRogue.buff.riftstalker = {'a000000006785B07C', 'a0000000012363C67', 'a000000002F2E798A', 'a000000006E28A040', 'a000000001ED77A57'}
    nkRogue.buff.ranger = {'a0000000000880D06', 'a000000005DEF68DE', 'a0000000028AE2B8C', 'a0000000016D73085'}
    nkRogue.buff.marksman = {'a000000001B1912AE', 'a000000004AA56A6A', 'a000000003BAD40B1'}
    nkRogue.buff.special = {['a000000005DEF68DE'] = 'a0000000050B65BFF'}

and if that is what i am thinking it needs to work with bard buffs could you please post the coding here so i can just copy and paste it into the main.lua

Rift Disciple

I'd love to have a display of the buffs that are nearly running out, for example Ruthless Stalker. Maybe you could display them in red if they are <3s duration?

Champion

Later this evening (CET) you can expect an update with a lot of new buffs and also the flashing of icons as soon as buff comes near to an end.

Cheers
    N.

Rift Disciple

Awesome! I'll give it a shot then

Hope you get them bard buffs in there .. it sure would be nice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast