Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post Your Small Addon API Suggestions Here

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Post Your Small Addon API Suggestions Here

As we're fleshing out the addon interfaces, we may, occasionally, miss something. Maybe we have 95% of the functionality you need, but that last 5% is a major problem.

This is the Small Addon Suggestions Thread. If there's a feature we've almost completely provided, but we're missing one small part, this is the right place to let us know. This isn't the right place to ask about major new features or large blocks of functionality. An example of a perfect Small Suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    I note the new Planar Achievement system allows for additional increasing the maximum planar charges. I assume that the default UI will expose this for the player so that they see they can have 4 charges max.

Can I therefore ask that the Inspect.Unit.Detail API exposes this as say .planarMax please?
    As the addon system is improved and augmented, this thread will eventually graduate to Medium Suggestions and then just Suggestions.

Similar to the Bug Report thread, we probably won't often respond to posts in this thread. We're reading it, though.
    Last edited by Elrar; 09-22-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Shadowlander

The hard-coded tooltip shows the "Location" of players. Any way to make that information available in Inspect.Unit.Detail?

Also, this may be larger than a "small" suggestion, but the hard-coded tooltip also provides information about "public group." Would be cool to have API access to that information too.

BRG
    Soulwalker

Default Getting role # (aka soul set #) through Inspect.Unit.Detail

It would be nice, especially for addons' options, to be able to retrieve the player's current role/soul set # (which is a number between 1 and 5) with Inspect.Unit.Detail.

Quote Originally Posted by BRG View Post
    It would be nice, especially for addons' options, to be able to retrieve the player's current role/soul set # (which is a number between 1 and 5) with Inspect.Unit.Detail.
    Role is already available. Soulset isn't currently. Role returns one of - tank, heal, support, dps.

I'd like to see planar/planarMax and vitality return a value for party/raid members, at present it returns nil for all units bar player.

I second the call for Inspect.Unit.Detail to return a value for .groupStatus as public or private and .groupCount to return number in group.

1. The ability to see (does not mean interact with) the guild bank contents no matter where you are, taking into account rank permissions. Having the "snapshot" automatically update would be even better. And if being able to view the guild bank is a no-go, at least have the contents sync via server would be awesome. Again, adjusted for rank permissions. I just don't want to have to write LibGuildBankComm-1.0 again
    2. Being able to create viewports with the graphic renderer
    3. Allow addons to put icons on both the world map and the minimap, with coordinates
    4. Some Rift variant of an Addons Interface Options panel
    5. Inter-addon communication. I assume this is coming, or already out and I missed it. Preferably with unlimited send/receive buffers, albeit throttled
    6. More RiftFrames like colour picker, drop down menus, multi-select buttons
    That should do for now LOL.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    1. The ability to see (does not mean interact with) the guild bank contents no matter where you are, taking into account rank permissions. Having the "snapshot" automatically update would be even better. And if being able to view the guild bank is a no-go, at least have the contents sync via server would be awesome. Again, adjusted for rank permissions. I just don't want to have to write LibGuildBankComm-1.0 again
    2. Being able to create viewports with the graphic renderer
    3. Allow addons to put icons on both the world map and the minimap, with coordinates
    4. Some Rift variant of an Addons Interface Options panel
    5. Inter-addon communication. I assume this is coming, or already out and I missed it. Preferably with unlimited send/receive buffers, albeit throttled
    6. More RiftFrames like colour picker, drop down menus, multi-select buttons
    That should do for now LOL.
    These are not small suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    These are not small suggestions
    Okay, fine. Wait, not even #6? And I was trying to leave out the big suggestions, really.

Does Inspect.Unit.Detail return a unit's faction?

Having the LFG dungeon finder give you the option to do specific dungeons for your daily dungeons instead of random only. For a leveling character it can be extremely frustrating to continually get a random group for a dungeon 5 levels below you, where you get little to no exp, no loot worth having, and pretty much just waste your time.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Okay, fine. Wait, not even #6? And I was trying to leave out the big suggestions, really.
    #6 is kind of borderline. We're actually working on that already, though, so, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Having the LFG dungeon finder give you the option to do specific dungeons for your daily dungeons instead of random only. For a leveling character it can be extremely frustrating to continually get a random group for a dungeon 5 levels below you, where you get little to no exp, no loot worth having, and pretty much just waste your time.
    I hate to say this, but, wrong thread - this is for the addon system only. I'm tweaking the thread name to make it a bit clearer though

Frame:GetFrameType() - Returns "Frame", "Texture", ect..

These maybe aren't small suggestions:
    • Frame:SetBorder(size)
    • Frame:SetBorderColor(r,g,b,a)
    Last edited by phoenik; 09-22-2011 at 04:55 PM.

I may have missed it, and I know I can code my own version as I've done it already. But an in-line API version of the below would be awesome.

Code:
    Event.Group.Join <-- List of players who've joined your group (would count when you enter a group).
    Event.Group.Leave <-- List of players who've left your group.

Inspect.Group.List <-- List all Units in your group. (I know a traverse of Group01-Group20 would yield the same)
    Inspect.Group.Details <-- Could return members (Private, Raid, Warfront, Leader, Assist{UnitID List}, LootMethod, MasterLooter)
    That's all for now, just would nicely finish up the event side of Units. The Join/Leave could trigger for position changes, and the player pairing could be UnitID and Group Specifier. And "your group" refers to the .players current group as apposed to a group you're the leader of.

I know, it makes me sound lazy. But I'm all for the API giving out Events as opposed to a variety of different methods from separate addons doing the same thing. CPU Cycles!
    Last edited by Semele; 09-24-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    I may have missed it, and I know I can code my own version as I've done it already. But an in-line API version of the below would be awesome.
    What's likely going to happen is that LibUnitChange will become part of the base system. At the beginning, people will have to register group01 through group20 through it, but later I may add a "group*" specialcase that hooks all groupmembers.

Inspect.Group.Details is a good idea, though, and along with that will come Event.Group.Details.Private/Raid/Warfront/Etc.

Actually probably it'll just be Inspect.Group.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    What's likely going to happen is that LibUnitChange will become part of the base system. At the beginning, people will have to register group01 through group20 through it, but later I may add a "group*" specialcase that hooks all groupmembers.
    Good enough for me, certainly like the "group" specialcase

Inspect.Group.Details is a good idea, though, and along with that will come Event.Group.Details.Private/Raid/Warfront/Etc.

Actually probably it'll just be Inspect.Group.
    Awesome news! I look forward to that when it's implemented.

Back to coding my boss mod. (PS. WTB God Mode in HK for solo testing boss mods)
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Shadowlander

Would be great to see a spell timer add-on, which allows you to calculate the cast time on spells or detrimental effects. Current with ACT we are able to do this, except for when an ability occurs and the popup occurs in the middle of the screen and is never sent to the chat log.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast