+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dare I ask for it?

Default Dare I ask for it?

Ok, this is fluff. If I was on a RP server maybe I could give you a reason, I don't even know how much they use emotes tbh... Though actually don't we all use them in between? Anyway, using emotes is a bit fun imo, and well we got quite a few to use in Rift, too many to remember all... at least for me....

Anyway, I dare ask... I come from Vanguard, and I used CoreUI for those who know this. There was a nice little emote button, where if I clicked it, all emotes where easy to find and put in different categories. Now gaming for me is first of all content/raid/wf... but this tiny little thing of fluff I still miss. I tried to search to see if it was mentioned anywhere, but couldn't find anything. Is there anyone doing or tempted to do such a thing?

Telaran
    Last edited by Sunspotsy; 09-14-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspotsy View Post
    No...
    If that were all the emotes, I wouldn't dare to ask... I would actually be able to learn them, or if I wanted it easy, I'd just add a hotbar and put them on.
    Thanks for your effort in making a picture just for me though.

Shadowlander

I had actually made one like this for WoW, but then they changed things and I never updated it. When the addons go live I could look at making one. I'm not messing with addons on the test server though since my experience with the WotLK beta taught me that stuff changes too much and is too buggy to make it worth my while.
    Last edited by EWOlson; 09-14-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Add signature.

Quote Originally Posted by EWOlson View Post
    I had actually made one like this for WoW, but then they changed things and I never updated it. When the addons go live I could look at making one. I'm not messing with addons on the test server though since my experience with the WotLK beta taught me that stuff changes too much and is too buggy to make it worth my while.
    Then there's at least a hope

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    No...
    If that were all the emotes, I wouldn't dare to ask... I would actually be able to learn them, or if I wanted it easy, I'd just add a hotbar and put them on.
    Thanks for your effort in making a picture just for me though.
    I actually didn't know that we had so many more emotes in the game.
    I could make an addon but we can't run emotes from the API, so it would only be a reference list.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspotsy View Post
    I actually didn't know that we had so many more emotes in the game.
    I could make an addon but we can't run emotes from the API, so it would only be a reference list.
    There aren't that many emotes, but it is a pain to have them all as macros in the action bars which is what I did before I had an addon for it. It's also what I'm doing in RIFT currently.

Also, as I said, I'm unaware of what the current state of the addon API is. I'll wait 'til it hits the live servers before playing with it. If I can't make the addon, I won't. But I'll at least look at things when addons hit live to see what can be done.

In the user manual that came with game there were listed close to 50 emotes, if you do /help you will find more. Of all the commands listed there, I think close to 100 are emotes. So yeah, a bit more then what you find if you just click the chat bubble, and a bit more then I'd like to have on my hotbars lol

Oh and sorry Sunspotsy for reading your reply wrong, I guess that's how I've become from reading the forums too much

Shadowlander

I'm currently working on a list of emotes. I don't believe you'll want all the slash (/) commands included, only the ones that generate an emote, but I could be wrong. I'll post a list once I know what I believe people would want included and you can tell me if there are any additional ones you would like included.

Even if emote functionality is not included in the API as of 1.5 I'm sure it will eventually be added as it is a big thing for a lot of people, including myself.

Shadowlander

OK, here is the list I've found.

agree angry apologize attention beckon
    beg bite bleed blush boggle
    bonk bored bounce bow burp
    bye charge cheer chicken clap
    confused cower cringe cry curtsey
    dance disagree drool eyebrow facepalm
    fail flex flirt frown gasp
    giggle greet grin grovel happy
    heckle hello hug kiss kneel
    laugh laydown lick lol mourn
    no nod openfire point poke
    ponder pout pray question rofl
    rude sad salute scowl shiver
    shrug silly sit slap sleep
    smile smirk snarl snicker sniff
    strut swagger talk tap tease
    terrible thank threaten ugly veto
    wait wave welcome whistle wink
    yawn yes

Let me know if there are any others you think should be included.

I'm currently working on a list of emotes. I don't believe you'll want all the slash (/) commands included, only the ones that generate an emote, but I could be wrong. I'll post a list once I know what I believe people would want included and you can tell me if there are any additional ones you would like included.

Even if emote functionality is not included in the API as of 1.5 I'm sure it will eventually be added as it is a big thing for a lot of people, including myself.
    Yes you're right, only the emotes
    And the list you made looks very right

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Also, as I said, I'm unaware of what the current state of the addon API is. I'll wait 'til it hits the live servers before playing with it. If I can't make the addon, I won't. But I'll at least look at things when addons hit live to see what can be done.
    There isn't (and, by 1.5, still won't be) any way to enter emotes automatically, either as an instant thing via pasting it into the chat box. This sort of functionality will likely show up eventually, probably along with whatever chat API we come up with.

However, you *totally* could make an addon that just listed all the emotes, optionally along with screenshots - or even little low-frame animations - for what the emote will do.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the input. I'll start work as soon as 1.5 goes live.

+ Reply to Thread