+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The new addon wishlist, improved.

Plane Touched

Default The new addon wishlist, improved.

NOTE, This is a work in prgress, expect it to be updated atleast once a day, and if you do not see your suggestion up, give atleast 24 full hours.

Okay, now this is a story..of wait, wrong show, anyways, I have a dream, rofl. Ok here is what this thread is for. This is a new and improved wishlist, what i plan to do is keep the top 3 posts reserved and constantly update it with add on people wish for, here is the catch, if any add on developer looks at this thread and see a add on they wanna start developing, give me a yell, i will put your name next to the addon, that way we can get coordination going on what add ons are being worked on, who is working on them, and possible download links for testers. the goal is to get a reputable library of the alpha (wow imports) add on up and running before 1.5 hits., so, if you wish to see a specific add on imported from World of Warcraft® to Rift® post it, take a gander at the list, and if you are a add on developer, (i sadly lack any type of computer skill in that department) and you wish to pick it up, leave a name, and the add on, i will update the post, to help you find tester, and collaborators to develop the add on.To help with efficiency, add ons like one bag have been simplified down to ark inventory.
    UI MODS and HUDS

SpartanUI.
    IceHUD
    DHUD
    Tukui
    UNIT FRAMES

Shadowed UF
    Pitbull
    Xperl.
    Grid
    Healium
    Tidy plates
    Gladius
    Healbot
    VuhDoh

BAG and INVENTORY and LOOT

ArkInventory.
    Onebag
    Altoholic
    ZeldaLoot
    teksLoot
    Warehouse
    Bag o' Matic (WAR)

AUCTION and ECONOMY.
    Auctioneer
    Auditor

TOOLTIP.
    Tiptac
    RatingBuster
    Playerscore

BUFF and DEBUFFS and BUFF/DEBUFF TRACKERS/TIMERS
    Buffhead (WAR)
    DAoC Buff (WAR)
    OmniCC
    Elkano's BuffBars
    Shieldmonitor
    Dotimer

Atlas
    Atlasloot
    Fubar- sadly, i couldn't find much info on this addon.
    Titan Panel
    SCT
    Clique[/url]

OMEN THREAT METER[/url]

Bartender[/url]

Bongos[/url]

Prat[/url]

Recount[/url]
    Chatterbox[/url]
    ChatBar[/url]

Quartz[/url]
    EasyMail[/url]
    MagicScreenshot - dev Kreiri[/url]

Cartographer[/url]
    Dominos[/url]
    NPC_Scan/NPC_Overlay[/url]
    Gathermate2[/url]

Carbonite[/url]
    WIM[/url]
    Postal[/url]
    Broker[/url]
    DockingStation[/url]
    ForteXorcist[/url]

Group Calender[/url]

Enchantrix[/url]
    DoomCooldownPulse.[/url]
    ButtonFacade.[/url]
    ButtonFacade: Caith.[/url]
    FontDamageChanger.[/url]
    Decursive[/url]

punk list[/url]

DBM[/url]
    My Roleplay[/url]
    Gryphonheart Items[/url]
    Tom-Tom[/url]
    Font Control[/url]
    In game games like Bejeweled [/url]

Buffhead (WAR)]
    DAoC Buff (WAR)

PowerAuras[/url]
    Last edited by Trehearn; 02-01-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: updates

Plane Touched

rsvrd for future devolpements

Plane Touched

double rsrved for future.

Telaran

Please write them up on functionality/category rather than all WoW addons everyone can come to think of.

Good idea for new thread however a long list of WoW addon names is helping no-one. At the very least please sort them alphabetically. Ideally link them to their curse.com or wowinterface.com or private website.

Better yet would be grouping them into classifications. UI mods, buff mods, combat mods etc. Use the Curse.com categories for examples. Once authors start on them you could link to RiftUI.com hosting of that addon and/or curse.com.

I am however still of the opinion that its the FUNCTION of the addon we need to understand not the name of a WoW addon. There are LOTS of WoW addons that do all manner of things and the reason a user mentioned it might not be because of its primary function. We need to know what exactly it is the user likes about addon X not that the like addon X.

Eg: SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) - the default Rift UI provides scrolling combat text. What is it that people want when they say they want SCT like addon as clearly the default UI provides most of what the WoW addon SCT does.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Good idea for new thread however a long list of WoW addon names is helping no-one. At the very least please sort them alphabetically. Ideally link them to their curse.com or wowinterface.com or private website.

Better yet would be grouping them into classifications. UI mods, buff mods, combat mods etc. Use the Curse.com categories for examples. Once authors start on them you could link to RiftUI.com hosting of that addon and/or curse.com.

I am however still of the opinion that its the FUNCTION of the addon we need to understand not the name of a WoW addon. There are LOTS of WoW addons that do all manner of things and the reason a user mentioned it might not be because of its primary function. We need to know what exactly it is the user likes about addon X not that the like addon X.

Eg: SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) - the default Rift UI provides scrolling combat text. What is it that people want when they say they want SCT like addon as clearly the default UI provides most of what the WoW addon SCT does.
    will do tonight.

that is true, it may be some specific function a user likes of a addon, but sadly, when the people posted in the other forums what addons they would like, they didn't always give reasoning.

i'm taking a break, be back in a fwe to finish updating the post.
    Last edited by Trehearn; 08-26-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Addon Request

If your a Dot smashing warlock Spell timer type addon needs to be available also to max dps. I went from 9-10k to 14 in wow with the addition of spell timer.

Soulwalker

I want Gatherer and TBag. Both are awesome addons for WoW that I miss every day playing Rift. I may port Gatherer, but I've never been good with Lua frames so TBag is a little out of reach atm.

I dont recognize all those addons so if this is covered, please let me know which does it:

I'd like an addon to Mark targets in Warfronts. Ideally it would poll the top 3-5 Healers and DPS on the opposing team and list them with an option to mark 1-8.

Currently I have a macro that I manually type in opposing player names then hit that macro when the Warfront starts:

tar HealerA
    mark 1
    tar HealerB
    mark 2
    tar HealerC
    mark 3

etc.

As the game goes on though players emerge as doing more or less healing/dps and it would be nice to have a running total at a glance. Even better, if I could drag and drop them into a list or something. Maybe just a button "MARK" that would number the top 3-5 (please let us choose) in ascending order.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dashel View Post
    I dont recognize all those addons so if this is covered, please let me know which does it:

I'd like an addon to Mark targets in Warfronts. Ideally it would poll the top 3-5 Healers and DPS on the opposing team and list them with an option to mark 1-8.

Currently I have a macro that I manually type in opposing player names then hit that macro when the Warfront starts:

tar HealerA
    mark 1
    tar HealerB
    mark 2
    tar HealerC
    mark 3

etc.

As the game goes on though players emerge as doing more or less healing/dps and it would be nice to have a running total at a glance. Even better, if I could drag and drop them into a list or something. Maybe just a button "MARK" that would number the top 3-5 (please let us choose) in ascending order.
    not exactly what this list is used for, but i'll put the suggestion up, hoefully, some nice guy who is good at whatever coding is needed for addons will pick it up, but other than that i can't do much.

Power. Auras.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Would like functionality to add custom sounds to addons

~~ @CandarieHeals ~ Healing Raids for over 10 Years ~ http://about.me/Candarie ~~

Telaran

KGPanels -> own designs ftw!

So i can remake my old UI that i designed^^

This is the closest one i can find to my old wow ui, lost quite some screenshots with the finished one

http://i.imgur.com/lnsFT.jpg
    Last edited by SauS; 09-15-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Default Auctions

It wouldn't have to have all the bells and whistles of Auctioneer for wow, but something that would record successful and unsuccessful auctions, and maybe make a guess as to reasonable prices would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by WormRunner View Post
    It wouldn't have to have all the bells and whistles of Auctioneer for wow, but something that would record successful and unsuccessful auctions, and maybe make a guess as to reasonable prices would be good.
    Zorba and I have already discussed improving the auction house and turning it into a "real" online auction house, except with Rift coins (silver, gold, platinum) and not actual money.

No, I am not helping code the changes to the UI; that's his job, and I don't work for Trion. But to give you a hint of our discussions, we talked about implementing average bid, buyout, duration of listing, average number of times bid and bought, and a few other tricks, all with cross-shard information, with a 30 day history straight from the Trion servers.

Unfortunately, while Zorba thinks it is a great idea, any changes of that magnitude are a long way off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast