+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The new addon wishlist, improved.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Good idea for new thread however a long list of WoW addon names is helping no-one. At the very least please sort them alphabetically. Ideally link them to their curse.com or wowinterface.com or private website.

Better yet would be grouping them into classifications. UI mods, buff mods, combat mods etc. Use the Curse.com categories for examples. Once authors start on them you could link to RiftUI.com hosting of that addon and/or curse.com.

I am however still of the opinion that its the FUNCTION of the addon we need to understand not the name of a WoW addon. There are LOTS of WoW addons that do all manner of things and the reason a user mentioned it might not be because of its primary function. We need to know what exactly it is the user likes about addon X not that the like addon X.

Eg: SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) - the default Rift UI provides scrolling combat text. What is it that people want when they say they want SCT like addon as clearly the default UI provides most of what the WoW addon SCT does.
    I agree with this completely. Too many people are just listing WoW addons. I'm sure most addon developers are aware of what those addons do, but what you like about that addon helps no end. While I'm sure there are some guys here who did wow addons (like Levva and Shock and Awe....would love to see him do a shaman dps addon here just for a laugh "type this macro out and bind to key 1.....1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) if someone does do something from wow, its going to be a copy, and it may not copy exactly what you want, or what you liked about it. Specifics people! Its like how some people will say grid+clique/Vudho/Healbot, while actually disliking the others. But they essentially do the same thing, so if you dont say what you like about it, the addons may end up like the one you dislike.

What I would like would be;
    A bag addon to display as single bags. That I could both search through, or filter by item type (item quality, quest items, consumables - ideally through a clickable filter somewhere).

Raid frames with configurable buff/debuff displays. Something that could blacklist buffs/debuffs so that on fights where you need to look out for a particular buff/debuff you can have it clearly displayed rather than potentially lost amongst icons you dont care about.

Some form of clickable spell casting for raid frames. Ideally it would work similar to clique/healbot where your mouse button functions would change when over the raid frames (so you could use your middle key to mount normally, but over the raid frames it could be used to cast a spell). Basically I just want to be able to heal using ALL my mouse buttons to click on raid frames with, rather than being able to use them all except the primary 2 by tying them all to mouseover macros like I do now.

A ratings converter would also be nice to convert combat ratings into percentages would be nice too. I would like it if you could enter stat weights as well, and it would then give items scores that you could compare.

Some way of re skinning the UI. The UI gives a decent amount of customisation as far as moving things, but I'd like to change its appearance a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Russykh View Post
    While I'm sure there are some guys here who did wow addons (like Levva and Shock and Awe....would love to see him do a shaman dps addon here just for a laugh "type this macro out and bind to key 1.....1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1)
    Yeah I gave up on my Shaman in Rift it was just 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 very dull.

Like the idea of doing ShockAndAwe for Rift and it just being execute the macro.

I'm not sure how group calendar works, but would it be possible to make it so multiple people can be given rights to it and to have an announcements tab located with in it that the "moderators" can post news to for the calendar users to view? also don't think I saw it on there, but something that would allow me to make notes on my map that saves would be very nice.
    Last edited by Moriko; 09-16-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Default Healbot

I would REALLY love an addon like Healbot which made healing raids SO much easier, thus easing the stress of healing people.

Default Bard addons

I would like to see the ability to get better and different instruments as Bards. The different type, woodwind, string, etc, would have different elemental buffs to them. Just like buying and getting better and different weapons, the Bards should have the same with the instrument. Besides, you get a group together with different instrument you could jam! Just a thought.
    I tried WoW once, but I didn't inhale!

Post Re: Wishlist

One of my favorit addons in WoW was MobMap - it is a addon which collects datas about monsters you/others killed, where and what they dropped for items, the chance to get a specific one and so on.
    It is a big one but i would like to see a replica in rift.
    Maybe with a online database or if this is not possible what about a sqlite db which could be uploaded and merged with databases from other users of this addon.
    If I would have knowledge of LUA I would create it myself maybe I could help with suggestions/testing if someone gonna start a project like this.

SpartanUI
    Impossible is nothing.

Soulwalker

We need an OmniCC called in WoW , coldown timers in the center of the skills , not in a horizontal plane.

Sunview port PLZ PLZ PLZ

i don't like having my hud in the game field ( the only thing i can compare it to is wow *sry http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011235650.jpg/) i find it is needed to see all around my feet in combat cause u don't wanna stand in fire lolz

some kind of class related/themed artwork would be great too ( if its not too much to ask)

Please bring SpartanUI and IceHUD please
    Impossible is nothing.

Default UnitFrame

I've developed a unit frame.

MinUI

Still missing some features, but I am working on it fairly regularily.

I used http://www.wowinterface.com/download...68-RealUI.html for wow. It would be nice to have compilation packages available at some point. This one was very minimalistic and had a very large amount of screenspace available. It's really well put together.

I'm also largely in favor of having bagnon and power auras here. They're both extremely useful.

I asked Nibelheim a while back if he played Rift or had any plans to create UI for Rift, and he said he did not. I wish he would!
    Last edited by Testercules; 10-07-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Ascendant

Telaran

Wtb addon that will show outcome of Codex based on currently hold bases and points.
    Leanne@Whitefall - They see me rollin', they focusing...

Soulwalker

In terms of AH mods, once the API can interact with it, I would rather a mod similar to Auctionator than Auctioneer.

For those people not familar with the mod, it compiles all auctions of an item at a particular price into one line, indicating the number of stacks at that price. It comes up with a prompt box when you want to buy items, and a button to buy each stack at the particular price you have chosen.

For selling items, it will show a similar list of prices for items and the number of stacks at each price, and you can specify the stack size you want to post of an item as well as the number of these stacks to post.

You can also do a scan of the items you currently have posted, and once it has finished the scan, it will bring up a prompt allowing you to cancel any items that have been undercut.

Finally, you can specify a number of "shopping lists" which are basically groups of related items, such as ore, herbs, wood, etc. You can add a new shopping list, delete a shopping list, and add and remove items to and from a shopping list. The titles for each shopping list are available in a drop down box, and once a shopping list has been chosen, the items in the shopping list are displayed in an ordered text box or something.

This mod makes my AHing in WoW a ton easier than the default UI in that game, and I would love similar functionality in this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast