+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fonts and Sounds: Help Request

Telaran

Default Fonts and Sounds: Help Request

I’m putting together a little addon to enhance rogue combo point visibility. I’d like to add some custom text and sounds when combo points are added and lost. For the most part I have it working but could not figure out how to use a custom or even different font from the default. I’m trying to use the SetFont functionality but apparently I’m getting the syntax wrong. My font is a ttf and is located in my addon’s directory. I have tried the following...

ComboFrame.text:SetFont("ComboAddon","\Interface\A ddons\ComboAddon\myfont.ttf")
    ComboFrame.text:SetFont("ComboAddon","\\Interface\ \Addons\\ComboAddon\\myfont.ttf")
    ComboFrame.text:SetFont("ComboAddon","/Interface/Addons/ComboAddon/myfont.ttf")
    ComboFrame.text:SetFont("ComboAddon","myfont.ttf")

The first 3 crash RIFT and the 4th just seems to produce empty squares instead of letters.

Has anyone gotten external fonts to work? If so what is the correct syntax and font type that must be used?

Secondly, I’d like to add sounds when the combo point change. Is it possible to play sounds, either RIFT internal or user defined external sound files?

Thanks for any and all help.
    Last edited by Karuul; 08-11-2011 at 12:42 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

There are unfortunately a few bugs in the custom font code. The syntax *will* be:

ComboFrame.text:SetFont("ComboAddon","myfont.ttf")

but it'll probably be a bit until that works.

We don't yet have an API for custom sound effects.

Speaking of fonts and text in general:

Could you take a look at the default UI chat window acting up as soon as you use any other tab than the default "General" one?

http://h3.abload.de/img/chatbug4e5b.jpg

As you can see the text gets cut off abruptly in some cases, which causes overlapping of 2 lines in the next one and making it unreadable.
    If you scroll up and down it sometimes fixes itself (and if you scroll again then it most likely bugs again).

Happens in every custom tab.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Speaking of fonts and text in general:

Could you take a look at the default UI chat window acting up as soon as you use any other tab than the default "General" one?

http://h3.abload.de/img/chatbug4e5b.jpg

As you can see the text gets cut off abruptly in some cases, which causes overlapping of 2 lines in the next one and making it unreadable.
    If you scroll up and down it sometimes fixes itself (and if you scroll again then it most likely bugs again).

Happens in every custom tab.
    This is completely unrelated to addons, but actually I've been trying to reliably duplicate that bug for months. You've given me a few ideas to try, so maybe I'll give it another shot.

If you can come up with 100% reliable reproduction steps from "create a new character" then I would be eternally grateful.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    This is completely unrelated to addons, but actually I've been trying to reliably duplicate that bug for months. You've given me a few ideas to try, so maybe I'll give it another shot.

If you can come up with 100% reliable reproduction steps from "create a new character" then I would be eternally grateful.
    I used to hit that bug a lot. It seemed like the visual size of the chat window on screen was slightly larger than the logical size of the chat window, so text would wrap a bit earlier than expected. Also, when I went to resize the window, the instant I started dragging it the window size jumped down about 20 pixels, like there were two different sizes for the windows stored in different places and they did not agree.

Legond <Drunken Badgers> of Shadefallen, unsubbed

+ Reply to Thread