+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any Update on the release of Addons?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Any Update on the release of Addons?

    I understand Trion wanted to do addons right and not wanting to release them if they are gonna effect the game in a negative way, but really?

    Addons were supposed to come out with 1.3 and they pushed them back and have never said anything about them again.

    Are we getting addons? Are we getting ways to fix all the UI bugs, the mass of useless Info it provides and the lack of Key info it does not provide?

    I could care less for addons like Damage meters and the common WoW addons.

    All we really need is the ability to Skin the UI and put the common MMO Info on screen in a clean and effective way.

    Any ETA on UI mods would be great!

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Cairenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teulu View Post
    Addons were supposed to come out with 1.3 and they pushed them back and have never said anything about them again.
    This seems to be a common misunderstanding. What they said was that with 1.3, they would start to show up on the Public Test Shards, not the Live Shards. They've never given an eta for when they will be enabled on Live.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us
    be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
    Cairenn, Co-Founder
    and Administrator, RiftUI

  3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
    This seems to be a common misunderstanding. What they said was that with 1.3, they would start to show up on the Public Test Shards, not the Live Shards. They've never given an eta for when they will be enabled on Live.
    This is correct.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Even then, when they drop a new patch it seems to drop the option in the PTS realms for addon's. I'm picking up lua more and more and want to experiment in game trying to create my own addons. Any idea when they will open addon's back up again in PTS?

  5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thuggernaught View Post
    Even then, when they drop a new patch it seems to drop the option in the PTS realms for addon's. I'm picking up lua more and more and want to experiment in game trying to create my own addons. Any idea when they will open addon's back up again in PTS?
    We need to test without addons to make sure the release patch is stable. It's an unfortunate side effect of not having addons in the main game yet.

    Should be within the next few days, barring unexpected issues. No promises.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts