+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Distance to target -- is there an add-on for this?

Default Distance to target -- is there an add-on for this?

I have not found a way in game to find out how far away my target is -- or a way to send my character towards the target. Would this be an add-on that anyone is working on? If so, I would be a happy camper!

I'm not certain that the Unit inspect includes range to target, but I could be wrong. But, "a way to send my character towards the target" sounds suspiciously like automation; perhaps you could clarify what you mean?
    a community-oriented site for all things Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
    I'm not certain that the Unit inspect includes range to target, but I could be wrong. But, "a way to send my character towards the target" sounds suspiciously like automation; perhaps you could clarify what you mean?
    In other games that I have played, if I tried to heal a player that wasn't in my range but, say, just beyond, it would pull me up a few steps. Or if I double clicked on their pane in the group list, it would send me in their direction. I could abort the run or continue to go in that direction so I could heal them. This is not available in Rift.

It's just that I seem to spend lots of time trying to heal people that are just outside my range or whatever. If I could see their distance from me, like other games provide, it would save a lot of wasted energy and angst.

I also would like to have a way to rearrange the players in my group. As I like the tank at the bottom of the list, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsia View Post
    In other games that I have played, if I tried to heal a player that wasn't in my range but, say, just beyond, it would pull me up a few steps. Or if I double clicked on their pane in the group list, it would send me in their direction. I could abort the run or continue to go in that direction so I could heal them. This is not available in Rift.

It's just that I seem to spend lots of time trying to heal people that are just outside my range or whatever. If I could see their distance from me, like other games provide, it would save a lot of wasted energy and angst.

I also would like to have a way to rearrange the players in my group. As I like the tank at the bottom of the list, usually.
    What's the distance on the raid frame? It goes bright green when close but it obviously can't be the correct distance for every spell. If it is the usual 35 m heal range then all good.

General of Telara

I'd love it so much if there was a Distance addon. Just a little number your can place somewhere on your screen that shows how far you are from your current target/sub target.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    I'd love it so much if there was a Distance addon. Just a little number your can place somewhere on your screen that shows how far you are from your current target/sub target.
    OR red out till in range . like some addons do in WoW i know it poss in rift because rift has it now on there icon it would be so much better for me to see etc if the whole spell was red till I was in range and not just the keybinding or Dot on the icon up in the left hand corner now.
    Last edited by toptek; 07-26-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Well, having the things change color when they are in range is one thing, but if your distance meter shows they are pretty close but not in range, it is worth going closer.... but if they are pretty far away, not worth the effort. It's a small thing, but definitely adds to the quality of your game.

What is the raid frame range? You know, when it turns from a dull green to a bright green.

Shadowlander

First thing that came to my mind when reading this is AVRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
    I don't think it does however there are Event.Ability.Range.True and Event.Ability.Range.False which might be capable of checking known abilities with known ranges vs a target.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsia View Post
    That will never be available in this game.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

I am not at home right now so I cannot verify it, but I believe this functionality is already in Rifts... Or at least part of it. It's in the options and called "Click to Move"

I personally don't like playing that way, but some people prefer it. WoW has the same option and if you double click on a target or frame it will move you towards it if it is within a certain distance.

Like I said, I haven't tried it myself but that is what I would look at.

Plane Touched

I wish they would do something to this or if they can't, make the addon able to deal with it.
    Some classes have abilities that work on different range, and some PvE fights also require you to be at an exact distance, like Bard channeling at their maximum range of 20m while avoiding a 20m range PBAoE from the boss.

For those who asked: I believe the raid frames lighting up and going dark shows
    1) Experience/Kill credit range. When questing with friends I notice that if it's dark their kills don't count for me.
    2) LoS. When the tank goes behind a wall or pillar the frame will darken until I get LoS again.

Soulwalker

Probably not applicable at the time the thread started, but since the patch where they added your current target showing as a dot on the radar map you can mouse-over the dot and it will give you the range. Although, since it is the radar map, it may ignore z-distance and may be unreliable for targeting.
    Given that, it would still be nice to have an add-on so that the number appears on-screen the whole time. It would be excellent if this could be done for the Focus target too, but I'm not greedy.
    Last edited by Mesina; 04-26-2012 at 07:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast