+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @ Coders & Trion

Rift Disciple

Default @ Coders & Trion

I cannot stress this enough....

Please do not forget about the colorblind when designing Add-ons
    Quote Originally Posted by Milen View Post
    In the case I described, my teammates are not depending on me, they are either mindlessly feeding the premade with more favor or they are sitting nearby.
    And I couldn't care less about the queue time of the premade. The only factor that determines my decisions is: What is best for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie View Post

That's actually the very first thing I wanted to work on. The second was a deaf oriented 'help' type frame that had a little bit of scrolling text that displayed all the currently playing sound files (They are named appropriately from what I assume - Like, "Boss1_Speech" "NPC1_Roar", so hopefully both of these really help a few people.

Do not forget the blind!

There are many blind game players out there at the moment. Unfortunately most of them seem to be Guardians in the warfronts.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    Do not forget the blind!

There are many blind game players out there at the moment. Unfortunately most of them seem to be Guardians in the warfronts.
    Lol that joke might just make me resub for a month, was a good one.

I play my game on mute and dont have a problem. Soo im sure they will be fine, cant hear people moaning/qqing on vent with hacking and slashing crap going on in game. As death people cant talk vent wont be a problem or rather they can talk but it sounds more like a dog whos happy if you've been gone for a few days more then words.

Telaran

Default Quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    Do not forget the blind!

This made me laugh. Mainly because it is true

Quote Originally Posted by May Contain Nuts View Post
    ...As death people cant talk vent wont be a problem...
    Because they're dead?
    KILL THE DUDE WITH THE THING!
    http://www.dansopel.com/mourkain_lesson.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie View Post

you should see if ablegamer is going to do anything to help push it
    Last edited by Kilrathi; 08-01-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    But But it worked in Dev!

Telaran

I 100% agree. It's hard at times to play not knowing if your Skillup color for an item is Red or Green. It's also hard to tell for some of us if an item is Rare or Epic. I has broken eyes.

I would hope that authors, when it becomes available in the API, will use colour swatches in addon options where that sort of thing matters. I did in the WoW addons I wrote because I had three types of bars, all providing different information, and it was possible to see multiples of those bars concurrently.

By default, the three types of bars were red, green, and blue; however, in the options you could change each type seperately.

For those unaware, a colour swatch is a wheel with a small indicator dot which you moved around to select your colour choice. On the right was an alpha slider. At least it looked that way in WoW.

Actually a colour swatch refers more to a sample of a certain colour. What you're implying is more closer to a colour wheel/picker found in most software such as photoshop and it would be a vital option I'd think to have for colour blind applications or rather addons.

I'm just learning how to do addons and me and a friend are going to try and do an addon simply for color blindness options to the default ui first and then perhaps branch outward to creating custom UI's. I've used them in other games and I've helped design the layouts for people once in awhile, but this'll be the first game I try to code and design one...
    Last edited by Typrop; 09-22-2011 at 10:50 AM.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    I would hope that authors, when it becomes available in the API, will use colour swatches in addon options where that sort of thing matters.
    Would love to - not sure if it was treated as a medium request or a small request in the reply to your post in the suggestions thread though So it might be some way off yet, definitely not in 1.5 I'd guess.
    Last edited by Levva; 09-22-2011 at 04:57 PM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Thuggernaught View Post
    I 100% agree. It's hard at times to play not knowing if your Skillup color for an item is Red or Green. It's also hard to tell for some of us if an item is Rare or Epic. I has broken eyes.
    I'll trade your broken eyes for mines. I can't see who's a rogue and who's a cleric in the raid frames/warfront windows

+ Reply to Thread