+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ability Events - are these currently functional?

Default Ability Events - are these currently functional?

Hi,

Quick (hopefully) question - are the following events currently working?

Event.Ability.Range.False
    Event.Ability.Range.True
    Event.Ability.Usable.False
    Event.Ability.Usable.True
    Event.Ability.Cooldown.Begin
    Event.Ability.Cooldown.End

I bolted together some test code to see when these fire, and as far as I can tell, they never do. Could well be me doing something daft of course I'll paste a snippet of my code below...

- DS

Code:
    function AddonTest.onAbilityRangeFalse(abilities)
    	print("RANGE FALSE")
    	dump(abilities)
    end

table.insert(Event.Ability.Range.False, {AddonTest.onAbilityRangeFalse, "AddonTest", "AbilityRangeFalse"})

Soulwalker

Don't work. Will this be fixed soon?

Code:
    local function coolDownBegin(cooldowns)
    	dump(cooldowns)
    end

-- the following event doesn't fire
    table.insert(Event.Ability.Cooldown.Begin, {coolDownBegin, "Test1", "coolDownBegin event"})

Rift Team

They appear to work fine to me. Have you tried the "/eventlog" option of the Trion Development Tools? What abilities are you testing?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    They appear to work fine to me. Have you tried the "/eventlog" option of the Trion Development Tools? What abilities are you testing?
    German Client on Windows Vista 32bit Quad Core

Yes, i'm using eventlog. I can't see any cooldown events logged with eventlog.

I'm testing with: (german client, sorry to all non german players)

"Dunkle Rüstung" - Warlock buff - Global Coodown
    "Beweglichkeit" - Racial ability - No global cooldown

When i use Inspect.Ability.Detail i get these abilities ^^^ returned. (beside, there is another issue when the addon startups, rarely i get a nil value returned from "Inspect.Ability.List()")

I have these abilities at my abilities bar.

I'm playing as defiant warlock level 5 at the tutorial.

Is there any other information you need?

May, should i switch to the english client to get it to work?

Anyway, thanks for the good work,

fatalus

Soulwalker

Default Update for Event.Ability.Cooldown.*

- I hit level 7 now
    - added my third soul (!)
    - moved to the next quest hub "Sturmposten" at the tutorial.

.. and i get Event.Ability.Cooldown.Begin and Event.Ability.Cooldown.End for global and local cooldowns.

.. but as i reloaded my addon, these Cooldown Event are missed again.

Another update

As i hit "Freimark" after completing "Terminus" tutorial, the cooldown events resume to work. But then, i reloaded my addon and the cooldown are lacking again.

And another 2 mins later:

As i hit "Arche der Auserwählten" (first questhub at "Freimark") and i updated abilities there, cooldown events resumed to work but refuse to work after i realoded and restarted eventlog.

Thanks

fatalus
    Last edited by fatalus; 07-13-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Yes, I discovered the incredibly useful /eventlog function shortly after posting previously (a d'oh! moment after writing my own test code), and it confirmed to me that none of the events I originally mentioned were firing.

As I only have a level 4 toon to play with on the PTR at the moment, I was using Shield of the Ancestors in the starter zone to test cooldowns.

For testing Range events, I targeted a mob, and moved towards it and away from it repeatedly. On the action bar, the little dot changed from red to white and back for melee and ranged abilities, but the Range events never fired at all.

Note - I can't retest this right now as I'm not at home, so this may be been fixed since my original post, though it sounds like Fatalus has done some much more rigorous testing

Quote Originally Posted by fatalus View Post
    Anyway, thanks for the good work,
    fatalus
    /seconded - doing an awesome job with the API Zorba
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 07-13-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Default finally

I figured out that after i use /reloadui the cooldown events will no longer fire until i relogin or zone.

Is there another way to reload my addon to shorten test cycles?

Thanks,

fatalus

Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by fatalus View Post
    I figured out that after i use /reloadui the cooldown events will no longer fire until i relogin or zone.

Is there another way to reload my addon to shorten test cycles?

Thanks,

fatalus
    Aha, that gave me the information I needed. We'll get that fixed soon.

/logout is the best alternative. It's probably fastest to find an empty corner of the world without monsters.

Talking

Better yet, go to Meridian or Sanctum for instant logouts
    a community-oriented site for all things Rift

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Aha, that gave me the information I needed. We'll get that fixed soon.

/logout is the best alternative. It's probably fastest to find an empty corner of the world without monsters.
    The "servers coming down soon, please find somewhere safe" message remains one of my favorite examples of dramatic irony in this game. The characters presumably imagine that a safe place exists, but players know: Wherever you are, you may be dead when you get back.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
    Better yet, go to Meridian or Sanctum for instant logouts
    I'm not totally sure that's faster, because then your client has to load a bunch of entities when you log back in. And you can always mash "log out" manually to skip the countdown.

This is probably micro-optimizing far more than is suitable.

I'm not totally sure that's faster, because then your client has to load a bunch of entities when you log back in. And you can always mash "log out" manually to skip the countdown.

This is probably micro-optimizing far more than is suitable.
    Omg ZorbaTHut? Author of Questhelper? Didn't know you worked for Trion. Sick.
    YouTube - I post all my gameplay (mostly KH, so far) videos here (mostly boss fights, I am currently running through Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Proud Mode. I am aiming to catalogue all boss fights in 1080p HD using PCSX2 to emulate and Fraps to record. Give my videos a watch and some constructive criticism. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread