Closed Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addon system bug reports

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #106
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by dOxxx View Post
    If you have two frames attached to each with no space between them (i.e. frame A's right side is attached to frame B's left side), when you mouseover from one from to the other and back, sometimes you will get the MouseIn/MouseOut events out of order. i.e. You will get the MouseIn event of the frame you moving into before you get the MouseOut event from the frame you are exiting. Only seems to happen when moving from one specific frame to the other and not in the reverse order, so it may have something to do with the order in which the frames were created.
    We're currently not guaranteeing the order of these events. That may change in the future, but it'll take some work.

Accept events in whatever order they appear

Rift Disciple

Default Clipboard issue

Reposting in a more appropriate thread... *sheepish grin*

From time to time, the clipboard will get "stuck" when pasting from an external source (e.g. webpage) into a RiftTextfield and won't update with the latest thing I copy.

Pasting into the Rift chat input window will work correctly though, so I think it might be specific to the RiftTextfield widget.

The only way to work around the problem is to exit Rift and restart the game.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine the sequence of events to cause this bug.

Rift Disciple

When you have a RiftTextfield which contains text with newlines in it (set using SetText) and you press the up/down arrow key when the cursor is at the beginning of a line, the cursor moves to the second character in the previous/next line.
    Last edited by dOxxx; 11-03-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Inspect.Item.List() isn't returning the contents of the bags when called without a slot specifier.
    a community-oriented site for all things Rift

Code:
    Event.Combat.Damage(info)
    Inspect.Unit.Detail(info.caster)
    Inspect.Unit.Detail() is returning nil if event was triggered by pets like "split personality" and not accessible via unit specifiers like "target/groupXY/pet/owner/...".
    But info.caster is always a valid unit id.

When i mouseover a split personality pet (now it's accessible via "mouseover") Inspect.Unit.Detail() is returning valid values and not nil

Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #112
    Rift Team

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the actual bug report is here, but if you're trying to determine what buffs someone has, you should be using Event.Buff.Add to watch for new buffs. They're not guaranteed to show up instantly when the unit loads.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what the actual bug report is here, but if you're trying to determine what buffs someone has, you should be using Event.Buff.Add to watch for new buffs. They're not guaranteed to show up instantly when the unit loads.
    Behaviour of inspectors in the same event handlers is different depending on when handlers are called: just after logging in or after reloading UI.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #114
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiri View Post
    Behaviour of inspectors in the same event handlers is different depending on when handlers are called: just after logging in or after reloading UI.
    Yes, this is true. The client has different information available in those cases.

You'll also note that teleporting behaves much like logging on. Semantically, logging on is quite similar to a reload plus a teleport.

Shadowlander seebs obvious sock's Avatar

Stack traceback issue, I think. I get:

Error: LibBaggotry/LibBaggotry.lua:73: attempt to call field 'Details' (a nil value)
    [...]
    stack traceback:
    LibBaggotry/LibBaggotry.lua:73: in function expand_baggish
    LibBaggotry/LibBaggotry.lua:179: in function 'dump'

Well, the thing is. The first line of stack traceback is still showing the line number of the error (which is not in expand_baggish). The initial diagnostic is right (line 73 says Inspect.Item.Details()), the second line of traceback is right, but the first line of traceback is giving the line number of the error, rather than the line number of the caller.

Note that this doesn't always happen. It may have to do with calling a :foo method as a .foo with no arguments, which caused self to be unexpectedly nil. But I frequently end up with one line number out of sync.

Also, while I'm at it: Is it a feature that the bag API can see bank items when I'm not near a banker?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #116
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by seebs obvious sock View Post
    But I frequently end up with one line number out of sync.
    Hmm. We're using pretty vanilla Lua error handling for that, we're just chopping out lines that you probably don't care about. Can you provide an example addon or chunk of code to demonstrate that behavior?

Also, while I'm at it: Is it a feature that the bag API can see bank items when I'm not near a banker?
    Yep! Enjoy

I am not sure whether this is a bug or not, but it seems to me that the word "artifact" ought to occur somewhere in Inspect.Item.Detail() for an item which has the tooltip "Artifact".

I'm gonna see whether I can get an error mismatch again. I can! I'll make this available.

As to the bank thing: Will this include also moving items to or from the bank? Because if so, I feel that my sad little bogling is gonna get very lonely. :P

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #118
    Rift Team

I am not sure whether this is a bug or not, but it seems to me that the word "artifact" ought to occur somewhere in Inspect.Item.Detail() for an item which has the tooltip "Artifact".
    We're still figuring out how categorization is going to work, but, at the very least, the "category" should list something like "collectible".

As to the bank thing: Will this include also moving items to or from the bank? Because if so, I feel that my sad little bogling is gonna get very lonely. :P
    Nope!

You get to see the data because it seemed silly to prevent it - if we hadn't exposed it, we just would've forced someone to write an addon that saved it. You *don't* get to interact with it unless you're talking to a banker - that's a pretty huge gameplay change.

Yes, currently it seems to be "collectible". I haven't got a Book handy to contrast with, but I think those are "collectible" too.

I'd point out that we'll want the save-that-data addon anyway, for comparing notes across alts. (I gotta say, I love how trivial that is to write here. SavedFoo[name] = Inspect.Item.Detail()... done!)

Actually writing code, I have concluded:

It is in effect a bug that .stack is omitted when it's 1, because stackable items that are not currently stacked are harder to work with than they should be.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast