Closed Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addon system bug reports

The strata on UI.Native.Coinlock is fairly low. As such I have ran into an issue where it will get covered by addons.

So can we have the strata on this increased so we don't have to worry about it getting covered up.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #437
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    The strata on UI.Native.Coinlock is fairly low. As such I have ran into an issue where it will get covered by addons.

So can we have the strata on this increased so we don't have to worry about it getting covered up.
    Hmm, that's a bit tricky. Right now addons, by default, use the Dialog strata, so they can coexist with other dialog elements. The Coinlock button must use a lower strata so that dialogs consistently travel over it.

The only solution here would be to default addon stratas to a lower level. It's possible addons should default to HUD strata, but I think people expect addons to overlay themselves over HUD elements. Maybe there needs to be a default addon layer between HUD and Notifications . . . but then any addon dialog will show up *behind* other dialogs, which isn't ideal either.

Any change along these lines will be a breaking change, which I'm a bit hesitant to do, and there's simply no way to choose the "right" strata automatically. It's possible CreateContext should have taken a mandatory strata parameter, but it's too late for that. I'm not sure this is reasonably solvable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Hmm, that's a bit tricky. Right now addons, by default, use the Dialog strata, so they can coexist with other dialog elements. The Coinlock button must use a lower strata so that dialogs consistently travel over it.

The only solution here would be to default addon stratas to a lower level. It's possible addons should default to HUD strata, but I think people expect addons to overlay themselves over HUD elements. Maybe there needs to be a default addon layer between HUD and Notifications . . . but then any addon dialog will show up *behind* other dialogs, which isn't ideal either.

Any change along these lines will be a breaking change, which I'm a bit hesitant to do, and there's simply no way to choose the "right" strata automatically. It's possible CreateContext should have taken a mandatory strata parameter, but it's too late for that. I'm not sure this is reasonably solvable.
    I would have thought there would be a method to adjust the strata on that single UI element.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #439
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I would have thought there would be a method to adjust the strata on that single UI element.
    I'm saying there's no place to put that UI element such that it has the intended behavior. It shouldn't go above dialogs, but addons default to the "dialog" layer, so the only fix would be to change the default addon layer, which would potentially break all addons.

Not exactly something I'm excited about doing.

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30