Closed Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changelog Discussion

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #136
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Can we assign things like SetVisible(bool), move, resize, etc, or are these just anchor points?
    Just anchor points - they're read-only. I'd like to add the ability to move and hide them, but that obviously isn't in 1.7.

Are there Events for the UI.Native frames?
    Yes - Move, Size, Layer, Strata, and Loaded.

Some of the frames do not clearly indicate what they are, like Accolade, ConsoleX, Ctf, and others. Maybe some people can guess, but is there a way to Print or Debug what each of these do?
    Documentation didn't really make it in. There's no official list, but I'll see if I can get some documentation added on the PTS, which would obviously apply to live as well.

Accolade is the pane that shows PvP accolades (like "killing streak", and the like.) ConsoleX is your chat consoles. Ctf is the pane used in Whitefall Steppes to list flag information. If you're confused about others, let me know!

Is this a complete list? Just wondering because I don't see something that infers nameplates, for example.
    This is a complete list at this time. Nameplates, if they're ever provided (and no guarantees on this - they present quite a lot of challenge to avoid exploits) will be provided through some other mechanism. Other frames may be added to UI.Native in time, although this is *mostly* a complete list as of right now.

Even if we can't alter the native frames, we should be able to duplicate them in some way. Might not be perfect, but it is a start. Makes me wonder, for example, could we put spells, items, and abilities into a new frame that is anchored to UI.Native.BarMain?
    Well, technically, you can already duplicate them in some way . . . you can make your own frame that acts the same way :V That's likely the best we can offer, though.

With the secure frame macro support you could absolutely put spells, items, and abilities in a new addon window, then anchor that to UI.Native.BarMain. I believe you could now provide drop support with *.Cursor(), though obviously not in combat. (If you can't, let me know what's missing - that's one of the intended use cases for *.Cursor().)

I'm trying to come up with a good way that I can provide the internal names for our core textures. Once I do, that'll make it much easier to make native-lookalike UI elements.

Zorba, sounds good. I'm asking because you might have seen I have a problem, and apparently it is becomming common. I resized my default UI elements, moving them around and adjusting visibility etc using Edit Layout in the game options.

Once I did that, even after temporarily removing the whole Addons folder, the warning/message frame has gone mostly offscreen at the top right. In Cadeus Rise, during the boss fight where you have to stop DPS, heals, etc because the boss chains his life to a player, I can't read the messages. They print to the chat console, but I'm not reading chat while tanking or DPSing.

When I go back to the default settings, it works. Again, no addon I have impacts this, and I have tested. I'm therefore wondering what frame that is, and if I can duplicate its contents even if it currently not movable.

Yes, this is a system bug, but I am looking at an addon workaround solution.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #138
    Rift Team

BUGFIXES:

* Fix rendering order issue.

This should be showing up on Live in a bit.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #139
    Rift Team

BUGFIXES:

* Fix multiple bugs in Context:SetLayer().

This will also be showing up on Live in a bit.

Going through the UI.Native.* list, these are the ones I'm not sure what they do.
    • UI.Native.BarTemporary
    • UI.Native.Coinlock
    • UI.Native.ConsoleSetting -- the window you can change your chat settings?
    • UI.Native.Guest
    • UI.Native.Import -- import from what? is export in the same screen?
    • UI.Native.Notify
    • UI.Native.Question
    • UI.Native.Recall
    • UI.Native.Setting
    • UI.Native.Tray
    • UI.Native.World -- this isn't the world map
    The trial version of Rift has some differences, but I've not played the trial version in many months. What do the following look like?
    • UI.Native.Trial
    • UI.Native.Upgrade

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #141
    Rift Team

Going through the UI.Native.* list, these are the ones I'm not sure what they do.
    A good general-purpose solution is to rig up a semitransparent frame to just follow a given UI.Native around to see when it appears. That said, here you go:

* UI.Native.BarTemporary - Used to store temporary abilities. These show up in a few quests and boss fights in the Ember Isle content.
    * UI.Native.Coinlock - The circular button that appears when your character is coinlocked.
    UI.Native.ConsoleSetting - "the window you can change your chat settings?" - Bingo
    * UI.Native.Guest - Guest list for the marriage system.
    * UI.Native.Import - Hit Escape, click "import".
    * UI.Native.Notify - The floating button at the top of the screen that notifies you about important things, like public groups or going to the graveyard.
    * UI.Native.Question - General popup dialogs, used for a ton of things.
    * UI.Native.Recall - The "do you want to change your recall point" dialog.
    * UI.Native.Setting - Hit Escape, click "settings".
    * UI.Native.Tray - The little piece of UI under the minimap that serves as an icon notification area.
    * UI.Native.World - World event window.

The trial version of Rift has some differences, but I've not played the trial version in many months. What do the following look like?
    I actually have no idea offhand, I had to get QA to test those because I couldn't figure out how to turn them on :V Shouldn't be hard to just make a trial account for testing though.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #142
    Rift Team

Another PTS changelist:

BUGFIXES:

* Inspect.Item.Detail(), when applied to a mail item or auction item, will now properly show stack size.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    Another PTS changelist:

BUGFIXES:

* Inspect.Item.Detail(), when applied to a mail item or auction item, will now properly show stack size.
    Will this return the original item's stack size in the event of a "sold" item. Or the item_id return is in fact the ID of the "money attachment" ?
    Last edited by Frostshizzle; 02-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #144
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Frostshizzle View Post
    Will this return the original item's stack size in the event of a "sold" item. Or the item_id return is in fact the ID of the "money attachment" ?
    The item_id is the money attachment for a sold mail item, yes.

Rift Disciple

The item_id is the money attachment for a sold mail item, yes.
    ok, thanks

Shadowlander

We need a calendar event in the game if the devs do not have the time, authorized the API to be able to do please

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #147
    Rift Team

PTS changelist, containing our first blob of new 1.8 functionality:

NEW FEATURES:

* Completed the Deprecation system. The new function Command.System.Strict() can be run in order to cause intentional errors in deprecated functions. We strongly recommend testing out your addon with Command.System.Strict() enabled, as deprecated functionality will be removed soon!

* Added .zone/coordX/coordY/coordZ members to Inspect.Unit.Detail(), along with appropriate events.
    * Added Inspect.Zone.Detail().
    * Added Inspect.System.Version().
    * Added currentCooldownPaused flag to Inspect.Ability.Detail() to deal with abilities that pause their cooldown (for example, Bull's Eye.)

* Added math.tau.
    * Added Element:GetChildren().
    * Function parameter errors will now print the actual parameters passed in as part of the error message.

* Added documentation for UI.Context and UI.Frame.
    * Added documentation for all parameter types.
    * Added documentation for all UI.Native frames.

BREAKING CHANGES:

* Renamed "PortraitGroupX" to "PortraitPartyX" to conform to our standard naming scheme.

SORT OF BREAKING CHANGES:

NONBREAKING CHANGES:

BUGFIXES:

* Fix some minor memory leaks that could be caused by incorrect function parameters.
    * Fix typos in documentation.
    * Itemtype IDs for randomly-generated planar essences will no longer be incorrect.
    * Fixed functionality issues and documentation in Command.Mail.Send().

DIFF:

Things that are actually new:

Code:
    Basic globals:
    	math.tau

Inspectors:
    	Inspect.System.Version
    	Inspect.Zone.Detail

Commands:
    	Command.System.Strict

Native frames:
    	UI.Native.PortraitGroup1 (removed)
    	UI.Native.PortraitGroup2 (removed)
    	UI.Native.PortraitGroup3 (removed)
    	UI.Native.PortraitGroup4 (removed)
    	UI.Native.PortraitParty1
    	UI.Native.PortraitParty2
    	UI.Native.PortraitParty3
    	UI.Native.PortraitParty4

Events:
    	Event.Unit.Detail.Coord
    	Event.Unit.Detail.Zone

UI:
    	Element: Inherits from Layout
    		Members:
    			GetChildren

Things that are better-documented:

Code:
    Basic globals:
    	UI.Context
    	UI.Frame

Parameter types:
    	Context
    	Element
    	Frame
    	Layout
    	Mask
    	Native
    	RiftButton
    	RiftCheckbox
    	RiftScrollbar
    	RiftSlider
    	RiftTextfield
    	RiftWindow
    	Text
    	Texture
    	ability
    	achievement
    	achievementcategory
    	auction
    	boolean
    	buff
    	currencycategory
    	frameEventTable
    	function
    	item
    	itemtype
    	nil
    	number
    	number/nil
    	slot
    	string
    	table
    	title
    	unit
    	variant
    	zone

Champion

* Completed the Deprecation system. The new function Command.System.Strict() can be run in order to cause intentional errors in deprecated functions. We strongly recommend testing out your addon with Command.System.Strict() enabled, as deprecated functionality will be removed soon!
    This is what I call support! Thanks a lot for doing this. Using this I was able to get all the deprecation stuff out of my addons in very few minutes.

Cheers
    N.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Do those coordinates apply to things other than self as well as to self? If so, how accurate are they? Does this (by intent) give us a range finder?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    This is what I call support! Thanks a lot for doing this. Using this I was able to get all the deprecation stuff out of my addons in very few minutes.

Cheers
    N.
    I'm going to have to research this as I'm not quite sure what this means.
    Even free cost too much now

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast