+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Addon request] Random sayings

Default [Addon request] Random sayings

I am not familiar with creating addons, I'm hoping that someone who is could either take this idea and run with it or at least let me know if it is possible.

Basically I want an addon that has a % chance to say a random quote from an editable list when the button is pressed. Ideally this could be macro'd onto other abilities, such as attacks, finishers, rezes etc. or function whenever a certain attack or skill is activated.

The addon should be able to handle multiple sets of sayings and preferably have an interface that makes adding and editing those sayings easy.

A search came up with http://www.wowinterface.com/download...akEasyGUI.html, which is along the lines of what I'd like to have.

Thanks!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

You mean... Chatterbox?

Not possible yet. I assure you, it will be implemented as soon as the hooks are there.

What I need, basically, is spellcasting events of some sort I can hook, and a way to emit chats. Ideally more general combat event notification so I can catch stuff like spells interrupted, spells aborted by the user, and so on.

My gnome warlock used to, very rarely, "/e makes a noise like a squeak toy." when crit.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

In one game I played, I had a list of over 400 random quotes on a 5% chance to fire when using a certain ability. I also had a button I could hit with a 100% chance to fire off a taunt or short motivational speech before engaging a boss.

Not sure what Chatterbox is tbh, but if it works like this then I'd say yes.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

That is pretty much exactly what Chatterbox did; it was an addon I wrote for WoW that did that sort of thing.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    That is pretty much exactly what Chatterbox did; it was an addon I wrote for WoW that did that sort of thing.
    Awesome, be happy to help test it out when it is possible. If you want to do any preset lists let me know, I still have my quotes on a wordpad from the other game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Awesome, be happy to help test it out when it is possible. If you want to do any preset lists let me know, I still have my quotes on a wordpad from the other game.
    This sounds like a really fun idea. Seebs if you aren't intending on writing a rift chatterbox, perhaps I can try when we can send chat to a player channel.
    You can stalk me here

+ Reply to Thread