+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moveable UI Frames

Rift Disciple

Default Moveable UI Frames

Will addons need to do the work of making UI frames moveable/sizeable? Or is that something Rift will do for us? Either way is fine, I'm just curious whether to start looking at it or not.

Soulwalker

UI frames currently are moveable and sizable, though I'm sure we'll see addons that offer more options than the default layout editor.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrviolet View Post
    Will addons need to do the work of making UI frames moveable/sizeable? Or is that something Rift will do for us? Either way is fine, I'm just curious whether to start looking at it or not.
    It is possible that Trion will provide frames with options of being moveable/resizable/fixed, because the frame object has events for move and size.
    a community-oriented site for all things Rift

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
    It is possible that Trion will provide frames with options of being moveable/resizable/fixed, because the frame object has events for move and size.
    I saw those.. I wondered if that was all they were planning to provide, so we'd have to use those events to make our addons resizeable ourselves, or if they might provide a handy frame that already has the moving/sizing capability built-in. And maybe with the default borders built-in too? (Hint, hint

Shadowlander

What is on alpha now is not adjustable from the Edit Layout option. Would be nice if they do in the future.

I suspect eventually context/frames made through the UI system will be able to hook into the layout system. It would really be an incredible waste of an already good resource if they did not allow this.

Faeblight * Progression Raiding * Family Friendly
    http://www.axiomguild.net
    TODQ[4/4] FT[2/4] EE[1/5]

+ Reply to Thread