+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Addon Library Release] BuffInfo - Extend Inspect.Buff.Detail

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default [Addon Library Release] BuffInfo - Extend Inspect.Buff.Detail

Since the initial API release was pretty limited i decided to look into something I could that would at least be useful somewhat, so i decided to write a library that could extend the info provided to us by trion about the buffs that you or your target has.

To do this i hooked the Inspect.Buff.Detail call and inject in my own data that i added in through the data dump trion provided. So with this you can now get more data about buffs including rank, cast time, proper duration, description,and a few other things.If you find any issues, or can think of any other data from the dump youd like to see included, please let me know.

http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/buffinfo/ to download it

As for uses for this addon ive thought of a couple:
    1. Checking the descriptions of buffs on a target so you can be sure that you arent applying a buff with the same effect
    2. Warn you when you have a debuff with a specific effect(lowers damage, healing, etc) without having to hardcode each and every spell that does this
    3. Properly checking the duration of a buff(currently the actual API seems to return off values)
    4. Learning how to use hooks

Also this will only work for spells that are in the data, which is just player spells for now.If you find any bugs or issues or improvements you think i could make, post here or on the addons page on curseforge, thanks
    Creator of RiftDB.com

Telaran

Great addition.

Did you make the BuffData dump from the RiftDB data? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by sanktanglian View Post
    1. Checking the descriptions of buffs on a target so you can be sure that you arent applying a buff with the same effect
    You mention buffs on a target but the documentation doesn't mention the possible values for the "unit" argument (we know the value "player" from the sample). Do you know the "unit" value that would return the buff list for your target? Or any other values that are working atm?
    Last edited by Matrix; 06-09-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    You mention buffs on a target but the documentation doesn't mention the possible values for the "unit" argument (we know the value "player" from the sample). Do you know the "unit" value that would return the buff list for your target? Or any other values that are working atm?
    From Zorbas Buff Bars:

Code:
    -- Get the list of buffs from the player. Note that "player" can be replaced by "player.target" to turn this into a target's-buff-bar display.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

yes the data did come from the data dump trion provided that we use in riftdb, expect to see some other cool stuff using the data soon
    Creator of RiftDB.com

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Maggo View Post
    From Zorbas Buff Bars: ...
    Oh, I missed that part of the comment somehow, silly me! Thanks man!

+ Reply to Thread