Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addon documentation

Current supported types: Frame, Text, Texture.
    The fact that there is a "Mask" frame type is in neither the Live nor PTS documentation, yet it's been on Live since at least October 1st... I really would have liked to know that.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #167
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post
    The fact that there is a "Mask" frame type is in neither the Live nor PTS documentation, yet it's been on Live since at least October 1st... I really would have liked to know that.
    Whoops, guess that's out of date. Sorry about that

The complete list is shown in the summary documentation, though - it's everything under "Frame". Most of those can be constructed directly, I think Layout and Element are the only ones that can't.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #168
    Rift Team

PTS documentation updated.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #169
    Rift Team

PTS documentation updated again.

Soulwalker

Great job with the API so far Zorba, its a breeze to work with especially as a first time author and lua user. Keep up the good work

Ok enough sucking up lol, I do have a question, idk if im just blind or if its actually missing but I don't see the RiftScrollbar frame type in live or pts documentation in this thread but saw the post about it in the pts addon changelog forum post you made yesterday. I am very interested in getting to use this frame soon as i've been waitin for somethin like this.

Also i've been wantin to make a request and idk if this is the right place or not but will put it in there too if i find it, but I was hoping you could add some of the same functions to the RiftTextfield frame type as we are given in the Text frame type, things such as SetFontColor() and such. I have been struggling with RiftTextfields for some time now in my menu windows when trying to set a background color for the RiftTextfield frames and the font color becomes almost unreadable if the background color is set to some darker colors.

I also have been having issues that may be errors in my code but I am unable to see how or why its happening if it is, but when using RiftWindow and adding basic frames to section off the backgrounds for certain parts I have found that Text frames with white text sometimes become grey as if they were underneath the transparent black background. However I have tried hard coding the layering to fix this and some of the text is pure white and some is greyed over and I can't seem to figure out why. It is always the same text frames that are covered which confuses me if its not my error but I can't see why with hard coding it could possibly be a code error.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #171
    Rift Team

Live documentation updated.
    Last edited by ZorbaTHut; 11-16-2011 at 05:08 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #172
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by snowdude366 View Post
    Ok enough sucking up lol, I do have a question, idk if im just blind or if its actually missing but I don't see the RiftScrollbar frame type in live or pts documentation in this thread but saw the post about it in the pts addon changelog forum post you made yesterday. I am very interested in getting to use this frame soon as i've been waitin for somethin like this.
    Should be there now

Also i've been wantin to make a request and idk if this is the right place or not but will put it in there too if i find it, but I was hoping you could add some of the same functions to the RiftTextfield frame type as we are given in the Text frame type, things such as SetFontColor() and such. I have been struggling with RiftTextfields for some time now in my menu windows when trying to set a background color for the RiftTextfield frames and the font color becomes almost unreadable if the background color is set to some darker colors.
    It's definitely on the list, it's just that the list is very, very long.

I also have been having issues that may be errors in my code but I am unable to see how or why its happening if it is, but when using RiftWindow and adding basic frames to section off the backgrounds for certain parts I have found that Text frames with white text sometimes become grey as if they were underneath the transparent black background. However I have tried hard coding the layering to fix this and some of the text is pure white and some is greyed over and I can't seem to figure out why. It is always the same text frames that are covered which confuses me if its not my error but I can't see why with hard coding it could possibly be a code error.
    There's a glitch in the current codebase in that layer changes done in a click event handler may not be dealt with properly. Alternatively, it might be a bug. I'd recommend coming up with a minimal test case and posting it on the forums, someone may be able to tell you what's going wrong.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #173
    Rift Team

Having a SNAFU updating the PTS documentation post, but here's the updated links:

PTS summary, PTS detail. I'll get those edited into the first post once I can.

Champion

deleted message, wrong thread
    Last edited by Naifu; 01-11-2012 at 11:54 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #175
    Rift Team

PTS documentation updated and edited into the top post.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #176
    Rift Team

Live 1.7 documentation updated.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #177
    Rift Team

PTS documentation updated.

Fun fact: it now takes about half a second to paste in the detailed documentation.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

So, an experiment:

An HTML-ized thing made from the PTS docs.

This is a really crufty program right now, and the HTML also sucks, but it serves as a sort of proof of concept that the docs could be presented this way -- the relevance being that the structure's a lot easier to see without the line wrapping issues.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

That wasn't awesome enough.

http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info192-DocExport.html

What's the output look like?

Live docs

Caveats galore.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Found missing stuff: Wasn't tracking hardware event requirements, interaction types, etc. (which were in item.signatures with non-numeric keys, sneaky!)

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast