Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Example addons

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Example addons

Here's a trio of examples to get you started.

To install:

* Download the addon you're interested in
    * Open Rift Public Test Shard
    * Click the "Addons" button
    * Click the "Open Addon Directory" button
    * Wait for the directory to open up
    * Extract the addon into that directory, preserving its path layout
    * Return to Rift
    * Click "Refresh"
    * Play the game!

The actual extraction method depends on your operating system but we're going to assume that addon developers can figure that bit out.

Trion Development Tools are a set of Lua-based utilities that we plan to improve as we go. Trion Development Tools also includes detailed documentation on the .toc format and is probably where you should start. Usage instructions: "/dump" will show the documentation list, with "/dump detail" giving function and parameter descriptions. The detailed output is far too long to fit in the chat buffer - you'll want to use "/log" to turn on the disk chat log first. "/eventlog" will toggle a streaming log of events to the console (minus the extremely spammy Update.Begin()/Update.End() events), and can be used to substring-filter events as well ("/eventlog Buff" to only show events with Buff in the name.) Will also write a full log of events to its SavedVariables file, which you can browse with a text editor.

Zorba's Buff Bars is a set of modified buff bars in a drastically different style, and is provided as an example of a realistic mod. We'll be fleshing it out as we add functionality.

LibUnitChange is a library to take the somewhat-obtuse Event.Unit.Change.* hierarchy and turn it into something more generally useful. It's not quite as powerful as direct access to that hierarchy, but it's more likely to be what you want.

All of our examples can be downloaded at ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/addon/. They are provided under a 2-clause BSD license, which is included in the zip files.
    Last edited by webconnect; 08-16-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Shadowlander

Keylogger IMO.

Woot Zorba, thanks!
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us
    be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
    Cairenn, Co-Founder
    and Administrator, RiftUI

Thanks! This is much appreciated.
    - The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. -

Hey, had no idea you got hired at TWN!
    Thanks for the template addons!
    Magical Fairy Princess DPS
    Element Zero

sweet dude
    Leimone Whitefall EU | Cleric

Woooow! <3
    24/7 Addon Development inc!!

Rift Master

and such is the end of me wanting to play Rift....

Quote Originally Posted by Xdcc321 View Post
    and such is the end of me wanting to play Rift....
    What is with the attitude recently from people?
    Don't just hate on it to hate.
    Magical Fairy Princess DPS
    Element Zero

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon_King View Post
    What is with the attitude recently from people?
    Don't just hate on it to hate.
    I don't like addons. It's not even a recent attitude. It's been there since Rift was in Beta.

I don't like addons. It's not even a recent attitude. It's been there since Rift was in Beta.
    Why did it take so long? Trion's been saying since beta that addons were coming. Did you think they were just lying or that they'd bow to "pressure" from twenty or so people on forums that cried about it and stamped their feet?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ackis View Post
    Keylogger IMO.
    Psst... they are Lua source files, which are text files. Ie. they couldn't possibly be a keylogger in a bazillion years unless you live in a paranoid fantasy world.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Serin9X View Post
    Why did it take so long? Trion's been saying since beta that addons were coming. Did you think they were just lying or that they'd bow to "pressure" from twenty or so people on forums that cried about it and stamped their feet?
    No, trion said they were thinking about putting them in, but only if they could quality control them. That if they were to put them in, they would be added in as part of the game. Not opening it up to the community as what just happened. Either way, I think I'm done with this game. A game is supposed to be "Fun and entertaining" since it isn't for me, I'll go find somewhere else to spend my money. This is just the last in a long line of recent changes that IMO I think are just... meh.. Have fun playing your addon wonderland.
    Last edited by Xdcc321; 06-07-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Plane Touched

No, trion said they were thinking about putting them in, but only if they could quality control them. That if they were to put them in, they would be added in as part of the game. Not opening it up to the community as what just happened. Either way, I think I'm done with this game. A game is supposed to be "Fun and entertaining" since it isn't for me, I'll go find somewhere else to spend my money. This is just the last in a long line of recent changes that IMO I think are just... meh.. Have fun playing your addon wonderland.
    Take it easy.

Your subscription is offset by mine. I unsubbed and haven't played for a month because I found it too painful without the likes of "Altoholic", "Grid" etc.

Happy to resub now I know the addons are coming.

Really looking forward to trying them out.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast