Established September 9. 2009
Umbrage is the fine line between hardcore and casual. We are redefining the type of gamer from what people normally expect. As a guild, we strive to maintain a high level of excellence among the gaming community without making the game seem like work. As real life friends our intention for Umbrage was to create an atmosphere of exciting gaming and build a legacy of players to continue gaming together!
Umbrage is looking for the dedicated few. We are looking for that specific person whoís willing to go the distance. No we arenít hardcore and we sure the hell wonít ask you to sell your soul, but we will ask you for respect. Umbrage needs people who can have fun, share laughs, and rock up when their fellow gamers need them. A certain level of maturity is definitely a must. A greater majority of the legion are 18+ years old. That doesnít mean leave the humor behind. We have our moments of laughter on vent.
If you are interested in getting to know us more, please feel free to check out our forums or contact Seraynity, Angryface, Nessis, or Obseen in game! If we aren't available, one of our other members will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
As real life friends our intention for Umbrage was to be a "Guild" not just a legion. What is meant by this is a group of players that are linked by each other, not just by one specific game. We are here to build a legacy of players that continue to game together. The Umbrage Family would like to reach out and expand our ranks among other games as well. Majority of Umbrage is currently rising in Aion and beta testing other games such as FFXIV, Starcraft II, and Diablo 3! We have a good balance of novice players to veteran players with MMO experience from games such as Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan and Warhammer.
Umbrage Gamer's goal is to build a solid base of dedicated players to level and reach end game on Rift. Plans are subject to change depending on players.
Umbrage is here to progress; therefore, we want to make best use of your time as well as ours. To make sure new members are a good fit for Umbrage, everyone will go through a probationary period where they will be required to run at least one heroic instance. The probationary period will last for at least one week. At the end of the one week, the guild will vote if the applicant is approved for the guild. Officers have found this process the best for cohesive groups. After all we want your stay in Umbrage to be a positive one.
We strive to maintain a respectable reputation among the current gaming community. Every member is given the benefit of the doubt within reason. Typically if we have to reprimand an individual more than 3 times then we will ask you to remove yourself from guild or we will help you along. Hopefully, there can be some agreement met before any actions are needed. There will be no
- Excessive bickering in trade. If you have an issue with someone, take it to tells please. Thereís no need to air your dirty laundry for the entire server to see.
- Flaming of any kind on the forums. That is the number one pet peeve of the leaders. Again, if you really want to duke it out with someone, keep it private. We donít want to look at the forums and see our members name blaspheming all over the place.
- Everyone in guild is an intricate piece of what makes us successful. With that being said, there will be times where we are around each other too much. Personalities may not mesh well but our officers expect for each and every member to maintain a high respect for each other.
Group conduct is very important. Remember that there are real people behind the pixels! Umbrage members will not conduct themselves as elitist pricks meaning
- NO ninja looting! Just because you can equip an item in the slot, doesnít mean you are entitled to that drop. Please be aware of the items you are rolling on. Mistakes happen, but if an officer is informed that you received an item and made no attempt to correct the incident, we will be speaking with you.
- Kill stealing happens, but if itís a consistent problem and we hear about itÖ we will take corrective actions to solve the problem. If you are having some KS you, then move on. Avoid making a situation worst. Unless itís a botÖthen KS away. No need to make their job easier.
Cheating PolicyWe sure everyone is already roughly aware of Umbrage's policy on botting and cheating in any form. However due to the recent removal of a bot from our legion I don't think it hurts to clarify how these issues will be handled.
Umbrage has ZERO tolerance for cheating - if itís bannable by Blizzard or generally wrong we will remove you from the guild. We will not give warnings or ask for excuses.
Obliviously we don't want to unjustly punish legit players so as with anything we require proof.
Botting, RMT, and utilizing exploits/hacks diminishes the reputation of the guild. In the end I hope to stand in front of Umbrage's first raid kill, knowing while we were not first, we were honest and succeeded legitimately.
Our individual reputation is what makes Umbrage a guild WE are proud to be a part of. We have done an amazing job so far!
- Buying game money with real money. This will not be tolerated. Not only do you gain an unfair advantage to the rest of the players, you are also compromising your gaming account to hackers. If your account is hacked and you have special privileges within the group, you also jeopardize our legion.
- Botting programs of any kind. Again, we pride ourselves as respectable players in the community. If you find the game is too hard and you need the assistance of programs to play for you, you should probably find a new game. I hear Runescape is where all the cool players go.
Those who are inactive for the time given below will be removed from the guild and send a notice in the mail for when/if they return. If you are aware you are taking a prolonged break, please inform us by leaving a post on the AFK Forums. If you do not post on the AFK forums you will be removed after 7 days.
Ventrilo is a great tool or organization for PVP and to generally pass the time when grinding. As a mature legion our language rules are fairly lax to an extent. Please be respectful when entering a channel designated for a particular activity. Donít interrupt when someone is trying to explain a boss fight. As stated above, we do expect Umbrage Members and their Guests to be respectful of other users while on our vent.
As stated in other areas of our rules, we do not tolerate ninja looters nor loot ******. Everyone here are friends and the loot should be shared among each other. Officerís decisions on loot in groups more than 6 people are final. For regular groups, loot rules will vary.
- While in a group primarily made up of guild members, Chaos Orb drops that is not needed by an immediate member of the group, then greed roll is fine. If we are trying to craft for guild members, please pass to that crafter.
- When doing pug raids, loot will be done by rolls of those who can use the gear. Gear that canít be used, or arenít significant upgrade for those in the raid will be sold by an Umbrage Officer or disenchanted and the money will be deposited in guild bank for consumables. The officers of Umbrage reserve the right to choose what loot goes to which person if they see fit. Loot council will only be used in rare occasions, but all decisions will be final.
Every situation is unique. With this being said, the officers and the leader of Umbrage have the final say so. We also reserve the right to change the rules as the guild progresses to meet our current situation. As changes are made the legion is notified of all changes. If you have any discrepancies, please see an officer and discuss it with them. No one is perfect and we know this so any constructive input is welcome.
On a serious side note, we cannot be held liable for any karaoke nights that may occur. With that being said, Umbrage is not responsible for the poor music selection that instigates the bad karaoke.