+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Akkii
  • 1 Post By ohsocurioussss
  • 2 Post By Bannj

Thread: Am I missing something, pvp....?

Telaran

Default Am I missing something, pvp....?

I waited to get on Prime b/c I wanted to catch input of how it was doing. Surprisingly, on Twitch, there were far more live streams than I've seen since the whole 2.5 some years, on again off again, love/hate thing I've had w/ Rift. There was like 9. So I'm hopeful. I saw a streamer in lower level pvp (40) and it looked interesting again.

Hopped on Prime. I'm actually delighted to do a play by play from Terminus to the Ark of the Ascended to Freemarch, re-training crafting over my already months learned of crafting. Re-experiencing the Rifts and zone events. I'm looking forward to dungeons and pvp. I hit level 10. I queue for a wf and absolutely nothing pops for like NEVER. After 30 minutes, I log. Come back and again same thing. Nothing pops for wfs. I thought lower level pvp was back in shape as it was when I first came here. I'm determined, so I log and come right back at what I think should be peak time. I hit "K" to queue again. And notice this time the only option besides random is BG, stockpile. Really?

Does Rift want lower level pvp to be a thing at all? I'm either a little slow or too optimistic. The k window doesn't really mean what it says for wf options. I queue random wfs AGAINNNNN. Nothing happens. No queue pop.

So I go chop it up w/ a few players on live. They tell me lower level pvp (under 40) was nice the first few weeks but most players interested in pvp have either left or aren't interested anymore. Huh...How can this be? I only waited like a month or so to try Prime. What gives? Am I missing something? And is the intent to completely discourage lower level pvp by only offering one (1) wf? Taking a re-strolled, re-stroll right back down memory lane again is somewhat enjoyable when the game is interesting in a variety of areas. I'd like to quest when I log on, then pvp after, as I level. Is this already an unrealistic expectation?
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 04-22-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Telaran

like people tells you in game, one month has passed so people who were intersested in prime at first are now 40+ or have leave the game.
    you have wait one month to see what happen to prime but you miss your only hope to enjoy pvp will leveling.
    even if you go 50, you will find nothing, 10 people max pvping. the others just do dungeon or raid.
    so at the end you will have pvp with equal or less player than rift live with less fast paced action (until SL and level 60)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    like people tells you in game, one month has passed so people who were intersested in prime at first are now 40+ or have leave the game.
    you have wait one month to see what happen to prime but you miss your only hope to enjoy pvp will leveling.
    even if you go 50, you will find nothing, 10 people max pvping. the others just do dungeon or raid.
    so at the end you will have pvp with equal or less player than rift live with less fast paced action (until SL and level 60)
    Even in Prime @ cap pvp pop is low. Yeah you confirmed what I didn't want to be so, that the pvp audience hasn't been revitalized in Re-Rift Chocolate. It hasn't stimulated interest to generate a new batch of players that would be in-queue. And those that remained after launch are mostly pve centric. Seems the same in Live. The one wf option is peculiar but I guess it doesn't matter. No one is there to play at that level anyway. Well gave it a shot. Hf with it.
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 04-22-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Soulwalker

I like to pvp a lot, but 2 things start to turn me off from it in Rift.
    1. Some overpowered healing souls
    2. At 50lvl the gear you can buy for pvp points is total crap compared to the one you can have from pve. Not everyone likes to spend tons o time on pve in order to be competitive in pvp.

A. When you are level 10 Black Garden was the only available warfront. Codex unlocks at 20, Scion at 50, etc. Just like vanilla. All the warfronts that released later in the gmaes life span have not yet been opened.
    B. You only get 2 character slot on Prime. 8 weeks in the only other players you are likely to find below 20 are those that started late like yourself.

So yes, expecting a booming population in the lowest level bracket on a 2 month old fresh start server that only allows 2 characters per account and for all the warfronts available is a slightly unrealistic expectation.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Telaran

Default Not Really

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    A. When you are level 10 Black Garden was the only available warfront. Codex unlocks at 20, Scion at 50, etc. Just like vanilla. All the warfronts that released later in the gmaes life span have not yet been opened.
    B. You only get 2 character slot on Prime. 8 weeks in the only other players you are likely to find below 20 are those that started late like yourself.

So yes, expecting a booming population in the lowest level bracket on a 2 month old fresh start server that only allows 2 characters per account and for all the warfronts available is a slightly unrealistic expectation.
    If the game was getting continuous traction it wouldn't be reliant on those who already started. This was summed up as I mentioned above. There doesn't have to be a booming population. But perhaps it is unrealistic to think that other interested parties would continue coming in w/ Prime Launch considering Rfit's state in live. I suppose not too many pay too much attention to it now. But thx for your 2cents.
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 04-25-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Trion wants its players to enjoy all the content. So cross-incentivize it more.
    Solution: Sell raid plaques for favor to provide some incentive and watch the queues fill. Fixed. Thank me later. Don't worry, grinding favor is harder work than raiding. Stuff will be earned. Plus gear is gear now. No valor, etc. Just combine these worlds (pvp+pve) and they will help each other.

As for the other problem, no low level pvp. Like was said, more slots are the solution. Also, enable turning xp off again and many would absolutely keep a low level toon just for pvp. Low level pvp is fun.
    Last edited by Bannj; 05-15-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Soulwalker

With only 2 character slots available to players, good luck doing anything in lower levels now that the game has been out for a couple months.
    Last edited by Wulfrum; 05-16-2018 at 07:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread