+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Back to the same horribly balanced state as release

Soulwalker

Default Back to the same horribly balanced state as release

Here we go again, back to the same horribly balanced state as release as of today's patch...

04/18/2018 patch notes
    PVP AND WARFRONTS

* Adjusted damage taken such that people don't explode quite as rapidly in all Warfronts.

* Changed the text in The Codex and Blighted Antechamber ‘Assault’ objectives to ‘Capture’ objective for clarification.
    How does this happen? Healers are nearly unkillable again. When will we see a truly tested balance change? What are we paying for?
    Last edited by arivixen; 04-18-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Rift Chaser

Just finished 2 WFs and it's honestly not bad. Well timed interrupts/debilitates and burst seem to get the job done.

Plane Walker

It is not as bad as before. People are dying. They should have just raised hp instead of lowering damage though.

Soulwalker

The problem is during this week ppl forgot to focus targets. Now everyone chaces his own enemy. Ppl die if focused nicely. Anyway it feels to me like its almost back to what it was at start. The devs realy dont know what are they doing ?

Telaran

Damage and hitpoints are mostly fine. Healing still needs about a 30-50% across the board nerf.

Which has been the problem from the start.

Shadowlander

I honestly preferred how it was a week ago. This was a bad change. Its not as bad as launch, but it still needs way more tweaks. It's just not fun. Currently in 40-49 and I've had 3-4 people hitting a healer and he kept himself above 75% the whole time while typing in chat. Just silly.

200k damage and didn't get a kill until last few minutes. Only 10 kills total in entire lobby. This was a codex that went all the way to the 1 minute warning. Just awful.

Edit: Ended up playing more. Yep, totally stupid. Had a Frostkeeper build tank and just run in and stand there and never come close to dying with 5 dps doing nothing but hit him. Rest of the team literally stood back to watch.
    Last edited by tsMaker; 04-18-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Soulwalker

I agree healers are too strong now. It was better before the patch but damage was too high. Now its the same problem healer are unkillable. Please reduced healing done in WF.

Soulwalker

Healing itself its not a problem. Problem is in souls balance, some builds are overpowered, same as it is with dps (sabo, MA, defiler).
    On the other side some ppl just dont know how to pvp. Today i was in only 5v5 whitefall. My team had 2x39lvl, 2x38lvl, me 36lvl sentinel. The highest lvl in other team was 37. Some will say easy win for my team, but we lost. While enemy team focused targets, my team was running like hadless chikens, everyone doing something else. I did 130k healing and tanked 50k dmg, diead 4 times. The enemy team scored 20+ kills while we got only 5. This does not look like they won bacouse healing is OP, does it ? ;)

Soulwalker

The point is I had fun doing pvp like it was 3 days ago and now pvp fight last forever it feel slow and boring.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Akkii View Post
    Healing itself its not a problem. Problem is in souls balance, some builds are overpowered, same as it is with dps (sabo, MA, defiler).
    On the other side some ppl just dont know how to pvp. Today i was in only 5v5 whitefall. My team had 2x39lvl, 2x38lvl, me 36lvl sentinel. The highest lvl in other team was 37. Some will say easy win for my team, but we lost. While enemy team focused targets, my team was running like hadless chikens, everyone doing something else. I did 130k healing and tanked 50k dmg, diead 4 times. The enemy team scored 20+ kills while we got only 5. This does not look like they won bacouse healing is OP, does it ? ;)
    In PVP I don't see those 3 classes as Overpowered. The rest are just underpowered. If they don't reduce healing, then those 3 classes are the only ones that can 3v1 a healer. If you're a healer on Whitefall, just run to their side of the river and stand there and heal yourself. Unless you get CC'd multiple times, which rarely seems to ever happen, you can keep yourself alive while your team just grabs the points or dpses from distance.

My group mainly has 3 MAs which although is great damage, a healer can outheal 2-3 MAs without ever dipping below 50%. Need to chain CC and be coordinated, which is like never going to happen in random pickup warfronts. Atleast before this hotfix, if 2 DPS caught a healer by themselves we could kill him. Now a single healer can hold a point on Codex by themselves and no one is ever going to send 4-5 DPS to vault. This hotfix honestly made class imbalance even bigger because now the non SAB/Defilier DPS have ZERO chance of killing anyone if the enemy healer is doing their job.

Last week I could solo 1v1 nearly every class on MA even healers. But because the damage feels like it got cut in half the other player has twice as much time to run to his healer or wait and instantly go to full when they arrive. I much preferred the faster pace and quick skirmishes the last hotfix had. The better team still usually won. Now its 5 min to first blood again unless one of the teams don't have a healer.

Edit: I noticed you're in the 30-39 bracket, which might not be as bad but 40-49 is awful.
    Last edited by tsMaker; 04-19-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Telaran

Healing itself its not a problem.

It really is the main problem 40+

Wait until you get to the next bracket.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Found the issue with healing in yesterdays update. We're tweaking now, and will get deployed with the update tomorrow.

Thanks!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Found the issue with healing in yesterdays update. We're tweaking now, and will get deployed with the update tomorrow.

Thanks!
    nice, we don't have to wait 7 days? also was a 50% nerf(on top of game wide nerf) to shifting blades on purpose? was kind of nice seeing a warrior be able to kill stuff.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 04-19-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tsMaker View Post
    Edit: I noticed you're in the 30-39 bracket, which might not be as bad but 40-49 is awful.
    I have 47 lvl mage and from my point of view its not so bad. I can get ez kills with my Pyro when i focus the same target that some other person is attacking. Its a bit more tricky with Harbringer, but still doable. I even found some use for Necro (removing one buff every 5s is a bit nasty). All ppl need to do is to realize mmos are abut team play and stop thinking evrything must be solo doable.

Plane Walker

I have 47 lvl mage and from my point of view its not so bad. I can get ez kills with my Pyro when i focus the same target that some other person is attacking. Its a bit more tricky with Harbringer, but still doable. I even found some use for Necro (removing one buff every 5s is a bit nasty). All ppl need to do is to realize mmos are abut team play and stop thinking evrything must be solo doable.
    should actually be easier with harb thanks to their 2 low cooldown 4 and 5 second stuns.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast