+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP is BACK!!! Come try out the changes

Default PvP is BACK!!! Come try out the changes

I feel its a WHOLE lot better than it was. Healing is still present, but they can't out heal the damage from an entire team focusing. It's nice to see Warriors at the top of the kill board too!!

Some souls are still "really" weak, but at least there are kills/deaths and not just a stalemate in the middle!!!

/thanks Trion for listening
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

Telaran

same for 40-49 bracket, too much damage for too few healing now

Ygg
    Telaran

Have you been in a 50 WF ?

Again, we plan slow and careful adjustments over time, rather than massive, sweeping changes.source
    Yeah, 3-4x time more dmg was indeed incremental

PVP is even moar broken than before, if I want TTK in milliseconds, I'd rather play UT-InstaGib mode.

Wasn't expecting much from trion, but heck, I'm disappointed. I just can't believe they actually tested this **** beforehand, would be even scarier if they did.

Last edited by Xio Narius; 04-11-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Telaran

This is exactly what I predicted would happen if they boosted damage too much.

Now anyone that isn't being actively healed dies in a few seconds.
    Last edited by The Crab; 04-11-2018 at 04:14 PM.

I would rather have someone able to kill someone fast with all their CD's than to not be able to kill someone in 15 minutes with all their CD's. You must be a healer that ran around laughing or something.
    Last edited by Kinetic Discord; 04-12-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    I would rather have someone able to kill someone fast with all their CD's than to not be able to kill someone in 15 minutes with all their CD's. You must be a healer that ran around laughing or something.
    I think his annoyance is balance seems to go from one extreme to another.

Now if Prime had a test shard.....
    Nixia@Greybriar

Ygg
    Telaran

Nope, he was in fact really pissed at healingfest meta

Fact is you don't need to pop CD to blow up people right now, I can spam my AS and still kill people and TBH that is not proper gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    I think his annoyance is balance seems to go from one extreme to another.

Now if Prime had a test shard.....
    This.
    +1 on test shard,
    I don't know about QA in software, but this should not happen, not from a experienced game dev team.
    Last edited by Ygg; 04-11-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    Nope, he was in fact really pissed at healingfest meta

Fact is you don't need to pop CD to blow up people right now, I can spam my AS and still kill people and TBH that is not proper gameplay.

This.
    +1 on test shard,
    I don't know about QA in software, but this should not happen, not from a experienced game dev team.
    I was in a match today where a healer was able to keep himself up through 3 DPS still. Some people are either using weak builds or the WF are better now.

I personally am having way more fun dying than I was spamming skills and not seeing health drop past 90%.........I guess everyone has their own opinions on what's good, but to me.......I can't stand when healing is 2-3x better than DPS!

Soulwalker

I was in a match today where a healer was able to keep himself up through 3 DPS still. Some people are either using weak builds or the WF are better now.
    Yeah with some skills able to do almost a full health bar as damage, your first assumption seems the only plausible one...

I was very disapointed by the very long TTK before. But now being able to kill someone from full health on a single stun (and i play warrior...) feels way off.

More damage was needed but x3 or x4 seems really too much.

I agree with the initial post. All in all, I'd rather have people dying than having no one die due to a heal fest. I'd rather have a death match than a stare down of people showing off their rotations with no one dying. lmao

I think they need to tone down the damage though. Being one shotted I feel like shouldn't be a thing but I'm not sure since I'm not geared and just hit 50. I'm prolly facing hardcore people from day 1 prime server release with expert gear.

Soulwalker

You must be a healer that ran around laughing or something.
    No no, I was a warrior working his *** off trying to kill a healer with CC, burst at the right moment, target switching...
    Most of the time it was unsuccessful because healing was so dumb, healers would just have to stand still and spam.

While I agree on the fact that it feels great to finally being able to kill people;
    You gotta be some weird PvPer to actually like this change. It's too much and makes no sense.

Don't get me wrong, doing more damage is clearly the solution. This way, people will have to play semi-tanky / tanky builds and class-canon builds will be dangerous but really easy to kill.

And I would love it !

Do the same changes, just tune down the damage a bit.
    Last edited by Orkh; 04-12-2018 at 08:19 AM.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Guys, we do want feedback. Solid, constructive feedback - and thanks so much for those who provide it. That is what helps us continue in our careful iteration of changes.

If you just want to rant or snipe at Trion or the Devs, go do that somewhere else, it's not going to fly here.
    Brasse

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I personally am having way more fun dying than I was spamming skills and not seeing health drop past 90%.........I guess everyone has their own opinions on what's good, but to me.......I can't stand when healing is 2-3x better than DPS!
    Which calling and healing soul? I've yet to remotely see this possible on Cleric solo-self-healing.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Which calling and healing soul? I've yet to remotely see this possible on Cleric solo-self-healing.
    I've seen it as well. Warrior healing still keeps up the entire team and himself without much effort. Clerics haven't been able to do well in PvP healing since I've tried Prime at all. Top healers that I've seen are Warrior, then mage, then cleric in most cases. I don't see enough rogues to make a judgement on where they would stand.

On your comment about clerics I think they no longer are the go-to for anything PvP anymore. Defiler is nice but doesn't compare to the other classes explosive DPS and healing seems second rate. It'd be nice to see a tweak getting them slightly more in line with everyone else.

That aside, I like the PvP changes and the increase in damage. It makes being a healer that much more challenging (aside from the warrior healing i mentioned). Positioning matters now, not going in one at a time matters now as well. A slight decrease in damage would be nice but realistically this is far better than 15 minutes where no one dies so I'm not complaining.
    Medik - R6
    <Vanguard>

Rift Disciple

PVP is leaps and bounds better than it was. Some healing classes like warrior are still strong, others are not as effective. That is more of a soul balance issue than a raw healing reduction issue for wf, I also still see a lot of full heals happening even through the healing reduction
    which I thought wouldn't be a thing. I think the damage is perfect at present, however, I am biased because now I can actually carry a wf. The healing may need to be turned back up a tiny bit but I mean ONLY a tiny bit. Yea people are dying a lot faster, but this also means that mistakes have a bigger impact on the game. The game play is significantly more meaningful than the previous healfest stalemate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast