+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP is BACK!!! Come try out the changes

Seems to me healing and damage is sort of balanced now.. A good dps does similar damage as a good healer heals..... now either give everyone 3x the hp or tune down both the damage and healing 70% so healers have a chance to heal before dying instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Seems to me healing and damage is sort of balanced now.. A good dps does similar damage as a good healer heals.....
    Well if 1 dps can kill a healer then there's no point in having healers.

Dps, healers, tanks, they are what MMOs are about. They add strategy. Tank run in and try to get aggro, healer sits back and tries to keep everyone up. Other team has to get 2/3 people to hit the same target for them to die.

If 1 dude can kill a healer then they'd be more useful standing there doing damage than standing there slowly dying to one person.
    <WisheeWashee>

Quote Originally Posted by totoole234 View Post

Dps, healers, tanks, they are what MMOs are about. They add strategy. Tank run in and try to get aggro, healer sits back and tries to keep everyone up. Other team has to get 2/3 people to hit the same target for them to die.

If 1 dude can kill a healer then they'd be more useful standing there doing damage than standing there slowly dying to one person.
    There are a few problems that can make this impossible in the current state of the game.

1. Healer are all the way in the back and to commit on focusing them, you are basically suiciding

2. There are few builds per class any good for PvP. ie. Sab, MA, Pyro, Defiler

3. With more viable souls the meta would be different. Assassins are suppose to be the ones to sneak in the back and attack the heals or do what they do, but right now an Assassin can't even get past a healers shield because they are so weak

4. I have seen 20k instant heals so many times that I can't count them. I have never once seen someone global'd in that time. Takes about 2-3sec with pure luck crits to kill someone quick

**TL/DR** Until more souls (builds) are viable, just expect that the PvP is what it is......
    .....sometimes its almost an even match (fun) and 75% of the time its uneven lopsided 3 heals to your 1 or none and its (not fun)
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

Shadowlander

The damage increase is insane but I still find this version 10x more fun than previous version. I don't think its perfectly fixed but PvP is a bloodbath right now and its pretty fun. Saw a Sab come out of stealth, aoe stun, and literally take down 5 people grouped up before the aoe stun wore off on Black Garden. I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't like this, but the current build really lets a single player go off and carry their team. Healers can't frontline and tank 5 dps anymore and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by totoole234 View Post

This is oversimplifying things. Heals are meant to be used tactically not brute force. Keeping people alive allows you to push objectives. DPS needs to be in range and have los to do damage, heals can stay in the back and consistently have targets.

Rift Disciple

Saying heals can "stay in the back and constantly have targets" is oversimplifying too. Healers need to heal who is hurt, not just random targets. Your injured ally can LoS or outrange you too.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

Rift Disciple

PvP is definitely better than it was - if i had to choose one extreme or the other it'd be this.

It'd be great to see TTK increased some, while keeping healing in check though (don't increase TTK by increasing healing, but peoples health/defense - so we last longer but will still go down)

Until then the only thing this current balance needs - is a reduction in cc.

Break Free being on minutes cd, it's just not nearly enough when one cc = certain death, every fight, every respawn, every time.

Ive had my break free on cd before then respawned, when the combat started i was stunned, focused down and died before stun duration was up. Then i respawned, ran in, got hit by someone elses stun, focused and died. Respawned, ran in, hit by someone elses stun, focused and died.

I kid you not.

And i can't blame people for doing it, being an extreme burst meta - you'd be crazy not to be going cc heavy, you should be building for it and using it off cd.

I've also come across either good healers or strong healing roles that can still withstand 3 or so DPS indefinitely. Not often but still. Went on a wild goose chase in the Library with like 2 other DPS and it took longer to kill a healer than i'd like to admit, lol. Even with cc.
    Last edited by whiskiz; 04-17-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    There are a few problems that can make this impossible in the current state of the game.

1. Healer are all the way in the back and to commit on focusing them, you are basically suiciding
    Not understanding .. healer's don't move forward, backwards, left and right?

2. There are few builds per class any good for PvP. ie. Sab, MA, Pyro, Defiler
    Defiler is only as good as their dots and a competent healer will be cleansing them.

3. With more viable souls the meta would be different. Assassins are suppose to be the ones to sneak in the back and attack the heals or do what they do, but right now an Assassin can't even get past a healers shield because they are so weak.
    Anyone can go around and get behind healers.

4. I have seen 20k instant heals so many times that I can't count them. I have never once seen someone global'd in that time. Takes about 2-3sec with pure luck crits to kill someone quick
    2-3 second TTK seems quick even with pure luck crits.
    What is the average reasonable non-crit TTK?
    Unsure if 20k instant heals will save anyone.

**TL/DR** Until more souls (builds) are viable, just expect that the PvP is what it is......
    .....sometimes its almost an even match (fun) and 75% of the time its uneven lopsided 3 heals to your 1 or none and its (not fun)
    Fortunately and generously Rift allows all players to switch roles out of combat.
    Anyone can switch to heals if there is a shortfall.
    My comments above. Not looking to be snarky, but there should be emphasis on team composition and awareness. Who is who, what is their role, looking at damage/healing meters on the fly (to learn same) and team communication.

Q. Most curious as you pointed out - what is the goal value of TTK?
    Last edited by Dizbo; 04-17-2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Added question

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by whiskiz View Post
    PvP is definitely better than it was - if i had to choose one extreme or the other it'd be this.

It'd be great to see TTK increased some, while keeping healing in check though (don't increase TTK by increasing healing, but peoples health/defense - so we last longer but will still go down)

Until then the only thing this current balance needs - is a reduction in cc.

Break Free being on minutes cd, it's just not nearly enough when one cc = certain death, every fight, every respawn, every time.

Ive had my break free on cd before then respawned, when the combat started i was stunned, focused down and died before stun duration was up. Then i respawned, ran in, got hit by someone elses stun, focused and died. Respawned, ran in, hit by someone elses stun, focused and died.

I kid you not.

And i can't blame people for doing it, being an extreme burst meta - you'd be crazy not to be going cc heavy, you should be building for it and using it off cd.

I've also come across either good healers or strong healing roles that can still withstand 3 or so DPS indefinitely. Not often but still. Went on a wild goose chase in the Library with like 2 other DPS and it took longer to kill a healer than i'd like to admit, lol. Even with cc.
    This is the new meta and I don't really like it. Either you chain CC, have 5 dps coordinating, or you don't kill a healer. Reducing break free CC and other stuff would just make this issue worse.

I liked how it was before. 1v1 skirmishes between DPS were short and punishing, now they take twice as long and they have more time to get healed. CC is the only reliable way to take out healers and not every DPS has them. MA damage is great but with no CC it's nearly impossible to focus a healer. Sab is now more important than ever because their dps is high and they get aoe stuns. Jobs without CC are a huge detriment no matter what your level of dps is. I personally don't enjoy this meta. I prefer having more than 1 kill in an entire match.

Rift Disciple

Havent pvp'd since the patch, but considering what others are saying:

So if Sab damage is tuned down a bit next week as we all expect it will be, then we'll be back at the point where 2 heals make a team nearly unkillable.

Balance Sab, bring up some of the other souls/builds for diversity purposes, and maybe put healing back down slightly.

Getting the balance changes correct right now @50 is very important because they can be saved for later iterations of the Prime server. Same can be done for the other level caps. Assuming, that is, that this is actually just a first version of the Prime server and not the only version ever.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2