+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Averwinge
  • 1 Post By Cal_KC
  • 1 Post By Cal_KC

Thread: Why was prime released without any playtesting 40+ in pvp?

Rift Disciple

Default Why was prime released without any playtesting 40+ in pvp?

The healing is more overtuned than when FK first came out. I'm a pvper who hit level 50 already, now what? Thanks for reminding my why I quit this game on live, Trion!
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

There is something funny I find about this and that is the fact that this game has slowly died over the 7 years is because they don't focus on the main issues like balance and fixing broken souls.

Yesterday I spent the majority of my day trying all of the old Mage builds. (Level 45)
    Archon - complete trash! Damage in PvP was around 55-150 dmg per hit /laugh
    Dominator - Good total damage but was basically in the same boat as Archon. 100-450 dmg
    Elementalist - Mediocre at best, but way better than the other 2
    Warlock - High survivability and sustained long term damage but just doesn't have the damage to kill anyone without help
    Stormcaller - Basically the same as Elementalist but without a pet

PYRO - Good Burst and decent in the grand scheme, but against a melee with the long cast times you definitely cant 1v1......unless they are ranged or are terrible

Mystic Archer - The GO TO just like Sab if you want to kill people.
    --- I usually play Assassin/BD in Rift but I found that the damage is complete trash.....like Dominator trash level and with the heals the way they are I just decided to delete him rather than play a Sab (boring 2 button build)
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    There is something funny I find about this and that is the fact that this game has slowly died over the 7 years is because they don't focus on the main issues like balance and fixing broken souls.

Yesterday I spent the majority of my day trying all of the old Mage builds. (Level 45)
    Archon - complete trash! Damage in PvP was around 55-150 dmg per hit /laugh
    Dominator - Good total damage but was basically in the same boat as Archon. 100-450 dmg
    Elementalist - Mediocre at best, but way better than the other 2
    Warlock - High survivability and sustained long term damage but just doesn't have the damage to kill anyone without help
    Stormcaller - Basically the same as Elementalist but without a pet

PYRO - Good Burst and decent in the grand scheme, but against a melee with the long cast times you definitely cant 1v1......unless they are ranged or are terrible

Mystic Archer - The GO TO just like Sab if you want to kill people.
    --- I usually play Assassin/BD in Rift but I found that the damage is complete trash.....like Dominator trash level and with the heals the way they are I just decided to delete him rather than play a Sab (boring 2 button build)
    Archon is a support soul. What did you expect? High dps numbers from a support soul?

Dom is a pvp orientated soul focused on cc, not damage, so not sure why you expected it to do damage. It also hasn't been touched in years and is completely useless.

Warlock's kit revolves around void barrage which you don't get at 61 points in.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Archon is a support soul. What did you expect? High dps numbers from a support soul?

Dom is a pvp orientated soul focused on cc, not damage, so not sure why you expected it to do damage. It also hasn't been touched in years and is completely useless.

Warlock's kit revolves around void barrage which you don't get at 61 points in.
    Sorry I haven't played in years, but DOM did do damage!
    Archon did damage when I played as well, but I do realize its a support.
    Pretty much EVERY soul build revolves around level 70 builds. Don't be condescending. The game is just in a real crappy place, even worse than live to be honest.
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

If the souls were balanced and variety in options added back into classes this game would be so much better then it is. As in why would Trion not make this a must get done priority I do not know.

+ Reply to Thread