+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for 40+ WFs

Shadowlander

Default Suggestion for 40+ WFs

So as anyone who has played in the 40+ WF brackets would know just how crazy hard it is to kill anyone with just 1 healer present in the map. At 50 healers are so strong that they can easily keep anyone alive and make it impossible to kill anyone. My suggestion to this is to implement a 50% healing nerf in these WF brackets to test the impact, as right now there's very little actual PvP going on, its just a healfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jode View Post
    So as anyone who has played in the 40+ WF brackets would know just how crazy hard it is to kill anyone with just 1 healer present in the map. At 50 healers are so strong that they can easily keep anyone alive and make it impossible to kill anyone. My suggestion to this is to implement a 50% healing nerf in these WF brackets to test the impact, as right now there's very little actual PvP going on, its just a healfest.
    Its a healfest because dps hits like a wet noodle.

Rift PRIME has a global 75% reduction to dps that applies in and out of wfs to keep dps checks in line. So whats happening is dps in pvp is getting reduced by an additional 75% on top of the current values for pvp reductions. You are effectively doing 1/4 of the dps youre suppose to be doing against people in warfronts. So..

-Remove global 75% blanket nerf to dps inside wfs
    -Fix full heal abilities because they don't comply with reductions at the moment.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    Its a healfest because dps hits like a wet noodle.

Rift PRIME has a global 75% reduction to dps that applies in and out of wfs to keep dps checks in line. So whats happening is dps in pvp is getting reduced by an additional 75% on top of the current values for pvp reductions. You are effectively doing 1/4 of the dps youre suppose to be doing against people in warfronts. So..

-Remove global 75% blanket nerf to dps inside wfs
    -Fix full heal abilities because they don't comply with reductions at the moment.
    if true what OP stated that is the exact problem and also the fix to it .
    i was fighting (as 48 lvl Warlord) a 41 lvl champion (yes he was using cornered beast like a pro) yesterday in a WF and it felt like im torturing him because i was not able to grant him swift death. on top of that on the 10-12k hp bracket we have a healing pot that heals you for 40-50% of your hp...

PvP is a land where everyone lives happily ever after.

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure that it's a Prime specific balance issue, though damage reduction doesn't help.

Healing used to be the same broken mess back in end game Storm Legion.

Some say healing is/was still broken end game on live, until 75% reduction.

It has always been a major issue, it's certainly not due to Prime specific output-manipulation of damage.
    Last edited by whiskiz; 04-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread