+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 40-49 bracket is horribly unbalanced

Rift Disciple

Default 40-49 bracket is horribly unbalanced

Tanks and healers are impossible to kill, we are having games of BG without getting a single kill. Either lower healing and adjust tank damage mitigation or increase dps

Soulwalker

It's worse at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Permadrunk View Post
    Tanks and healers are impossible to kill, we are having games of BG without getting a single kill. Either lower healing and adjust tank damage mitigation or increase dps
    I gave away all my stuff and quit yesterday because its obvious that they don't give a crap about the PvP crowd. I don't care about Tanks being hard to kill, but when 2 healers can dominate 15 enemy by cross healing then it takes the fun out of PvP.

If you look at the BG's mostly you will see RANGED players because melee gets dotted so hard they can't do anything.........UNLESS you have a few healers just spam healing the raid+ you.

When kills go to almost zero per match or even less than 5, it is not PvP, its Heal vs Heal!!!
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

Soulwalker

While I agree that healing is a bit much, I would also like to point out that players in this game treat PVP like PVE. They go in guns blazing with DPS and don't bother trying to focus or CC healers at the correct times. I know if I have 2 players on me and they both use their CCs correctly I'm not going to live without blowing CDs which have a longer CD than CCs.

Plane Touched

Guess those nerfs to dps last patch really paid off

What made heals spike in this bracket? It was under powered at the lower brackets, and then about right, now OP.
    Last edited by Nuum; 03-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geppeto View Post
    While I agree that healing is a bit much, I would also like to point out that players in this game treat PVP like PVE. They go in guns blazing with DPS and don't bother trying to focus or CC healers at the correct times. I know if I have 2 players on me and they both use their CCs correctly I'm not going to live without blowing CDs which have a longer CD than CCs.
    You are forgetting that 2nd healer that doesn't get CC'd can keep you up with no problems.

Shadowlander

Also hp pools go up alot +40 but damage not much.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    You are forgetting that 2nd healer that doesn't get CC'd can keep you up with no problems.
    I think that the WFs should be limited to 2 healers per team. I think that would fix a lot of the problems. I watch DPS get absolutely destroyed with no one healing them. The problem here, again, is people don't utilize everything they can. If you poly or debilitate one healer while another is getting focused, they won't live. I watch it happen when someone is getting focused and a sab pulls everyone in and stuns. The problem is if only ONE person on the team is trying to CC or focus healers aren't going to drop.

I think that the WFs should be limited to 2 healers per team. I think that would fix a lot of the problems. I watch DPS get absolutely destroyed with no one healing them. The problem here, again, is people don't utilize everything they can. If you poly or debilitate one healer while another is getting focused, they won't live. I watch it happen when someone is getting focused and a sab pulls everyone in and stuns. The problem is if only ONE person on the team is trying to CC or focus healers aren't going to drop.
    As soon as you poly or stun or whatever CC, its cleansed either by "Break Free" or by other healer. You really can't keep anyone locked down for more than 2 seconds and as soon as that CC is up, if someone is in trouble they get a full instant heal!

Rift Chaser

...bit much? That's comically understated

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been fixed with an emergency patch. It's that bad.
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

As someone soley PvPing this is discouraging. Was hoping to see the 50 bracket change what this 40 bracket has devolved to but if the 50 bracket is no better then i may cut my losses early on the Rift Prime experiment. Hopefully the devs will look into this before the damage is done and they start losing support. Here's us voicing our concerns. Please do something about it, devs.
    Medik - R6
    <Vanguard>

Quote Originally Posted by Kombat Medik View Post
    As someone soley PvPing this is discouraging. Was hoping to see the 50 bracket change what this 40 bracket has devolved to but if the 50 bracket is no better then i may cut my losses early on the Rift Prime experiment. Hopefully the devs will look into this before the damage is done and they start losing support. Here's us voicing our concerns. Please do something about it, devs.
    They are probably losing people because of this already. Old players coming back to take a look at Prime and who like PvP (we do exist trion) won't be renewing. They already had a bad taste from past experience.

Also, players trading wins and openly talking about it in general chat REALLY shows how much they care about PvP. They will almost put a carrot in front of us because they know we spend money on the game.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLBoY77 View Post
    They are probably losing people because of this already. Old players coming back to take a look at Prime and who like PvP (we do exist trion) won't be renewing. They already had a bad taste from past experience.

Also, players trading wins and openly talking about it in general chat REALLY shows how much they care about PvP. They will almost put a carrot in front of us because they know we spend money on the game.
    I'm one of them. I did see a lot of 50s in warfronts, but it was just so they could get BiS runes or whatever else. It's been weeks now, and my sub time is up. Good luck out there!
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

Telaran

The one addition that I would add to this, is that the other way people treat PvP like PvE is that they act like they are solo in WF's (with the exception of heals, as people scream when they aren't getting heals). I don't raid, but I am assuming that everyone assists on a single target, no? So why in the hell don't people listen in WF's? Why won't people call themselves out as "main assist"? This was a staple in DAOC, and is a staple in any PvP format... except here. The groups that shine are the pre-mades that understand this concept. They are the one's that can focus down healers because you cannot out heal 5 players dps bursts at once, and while you are being cc'd.

Nobody communicates or listens in wf's in Rift. I remember back when mercenary was first implemented in wf's. It used to piss me off when you had a Defiant that would get merc'd to Guardian (or vice versa), and constantly remove or change the marked healers to a tank. People would not pay attention and just focus on the marked player without opening up the scoreboard to confirm whether or not they were healers. That was way more discouraging than the heals right now, because someone was purposely sabotaging the match. The healing issue is more a matter of assisting, than it is a matter of OP'd heals.

If you are going to PvP. Learn to listen, learn to communicate, and learn to play as a team... it is not a free for all if you want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnada View Post
    The one addition that I would add to this, is that the other way people treat PvP like PvE is that they act like they are solo in WF's (with the exception of heals, as people scream when they aren't getting heals). I don't raid, but I am assuming that everyone assists on a single target, no? So why in the hell don't people listen in WF's? Why won't people call themselves out as "main assist"? This was a staple in DAOC, and is a staple in any PvP format... except here. The groups that shine are the pre-mades that understand this concept. They are the one's that can focus down healers because you cannot out heal 5 players dps bursts at once, and while you are being cc'd.

Nobody communicates or listens in wf's in Rift. I remember back when mercenary was first implemented in wf's. It used to piss me off when you had a Defiant that would get merc'd to Guardian (or vice versa), and constantly remove or change the marked healers to a tank. People would not pay attention and just focus on the marked player without opening up the scoreboard to confirm whether or not they were healers. That was way more discouraging than the heals right now, because someone was purposely sabotaging the match. The healing issue is more a matter of assisting, than it is a matter of OP'd heals.

If you are going to PvP. Learn to listen, learn to communicate, and learn to play as a team... it is not a free for all if you want to win.
    PvP is fixed now. For the record, we WERE focusing all on 1 single person but heals were just too strong..........now if a TEAM focuses, the target dies!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast