+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Kipale
  • 3 Post By Deeew

Thread: Dear people in charge of Rift pvp!

Rift Disciple

Default Dear people in charge of Rift pvp!

What are you all smoking to make you think dispelling with no cool down in pvp is EVER a good idea ?

WHY have dot specs when the enemy can just dispel as fast as you can place. there is a reason other mmo's have dispels on COOL DOWN timers!

you are useless placing dots up to see them vanish as fast as you place them means no damage means useless to your team. So if you want to play you CAN NOT do it your way... no no no! you need to play the meta that everyone else is.

Good bye Trion the final straw is broken!

Shadowlander

+This. Also all healing is too high +40lvl in WF. Can't kill anything if team has few healers.

Quote Originally Posted by silverjoe View Post
    What are you all smoking to make you think dispelling with no cool down in pvp is EVER a good idea ?

WHY have dot specs when the enemy can just dispel as fast as you can place. there is a reason other mmo's have dispels on COOL DOWN timers!

you are useless placing dots up to see them vanish as fast as you place them means no damage means useless to your team. So if you want to play you CAN NOT do it your way... no no no! you need to play the meta that everyone else is.

Good bye Trion the final straw is broken!
    My dispel has a 10sec CD but its an offensive CD. I agree, healers do 3:1 healing:damage and can purge endlessly. 4 DPS level 40+ couldnt even get a healer below 50% because for ever 2 seconds of damage 15k+ he was able to do 30k healing. Pretty silly, but then again, they don't care about PvP. It's also the reason the argument is out there against a PvP server.

PvP has to have balance. With no commitment to balance there will never be/retain PvP'ers.
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

The thing is, you don't need to kill anyone to win. Play the map, not the kills.

:thinking:
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kipale View Post
    +This. Also all healing is too high +40lvl in WF. Can't kill anything if team has few healers.
    This. WF is pointless when no one dies ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    . 4 DPS level 40+ couldnt even get a healer below 50% because for ever 2 seconds of damage 15k+ he was able to do 30k healing..
    I think this post is hilarious, this is why. I just read this other thread before reading this one.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...han-world.html

So you have 1 poster complaining his heals are not doing enough, and then the comment above saying 4 dps can't kill one healer.
    Last edited by Draknox; 03-24-2018 at 05:26 AM.

Shadowlander

40-49 bracket is joke, even blindfolded monkey could play it because it's so slow paced. Literally nothing dies if there is even one healer.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Draknox View Post
    So you have 1 poster complaining his heals are not doing enough, and then the comment above saying 4 dps can't kill one healer.
    Welcome to bracket differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknox View Post
    I think this post is hilarious, this is why. I just read this other thread before reading this one.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...han-world.html

Because the link stating healing can't keep up was from a player in the 10-20's bracket and my post was from the 40+ when healing is 4x more powerful than damage.
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

+ Reply to Thread