+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warden in PvP

Default Warden in PvP

I am extremely disappointed in the current state of Warden. I play HoT healers in almost every PvP game I pick up but in Prime my PvP experience has been overwhelmingly frustrating. In prime lvling in pvp warzones from lv10-30+ I found that Warden a hot class it can't even out heal any dots. I don't even understand the point of the class.

One of the major issues I see in the class is how it revolves around fluff heals and spreading your two hots, Healing Spray and Soothing Stream. Healing Spray which is a 1 stack heals rough just as much as Soothing Steam which is a 4 stack. This makes absolutely no sense. Soothing steam in the state isn't worth the gcds investment in the heat of battle to even stack. Dots tick harder than Soothing stream 4 stack.

So what I am finding is Warden can't out heal dots, it can't heal any form of burst aoe or single target. What is the point of even picking up the class in PvP? Mechanically it just feel extremely weak in almost every department. I synced this class with Sentinel for more single target but it still feels like I am only doing fluff hps, I still cannot heal through almost any damage.

I am going crazy here? Is cleric the wrong class to be PvP healing with? Every time I go into a warfront I get out heals by warriors and rogues. Did I pick the wrong class to heal PvP?

Shadowlander

Yeah, from my experience with warden so far it has been nerfed into the ground in comparison to what it once was back in vanilla.

Damage output compared to healing output is pretty silly in PvP imo. I think Clerics overall can heal in PvP but I don't think a main spec warden is the way to do it anymore. I haven't healed much in PvP yet because of this, but I have seen quite a few Cleric healers who seem to do pretty alright so I would ask around for what builds they're running.
    Elysian - Guardian Rogue and Cleric - Retired veteran from @Briarcliff and @Seastone.

Starting again as Elysian@Vigil. Defiant Cleric.

<Vinco Bellum>

Quote Originally Posted by CuRSiiVe View Post
    Yeah, from my experience with warden so far it has been nerfed into the ground in comparison to what it once was back in vanilla.

Damage output compared to healing output is pretty silly in PvP imo. I think Clerics overall can heal in PvP but I don't think a main spec warden is the way to do it anymore. I haven't healed much in PvP yet because of this, but I have seen quite a few Cleric healers who seem to do pretty alright so I would ask around for what builds they're running.
    From what I seem I can pretty much outheal almost every other cleric, *sometimes* keep with with rogues but warriors triple my HPS. Triple. This is insane to me because I feel like for me to be competitive in pvp I have to reroll to a rogue or warrior? What?
    Last edited by LOveRH; 03-19-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    From what I seem I can pretty much outheal almost every other cleric, *sometimes* keep with with rogues but warriors triple my HPS. Triple. This is insane to me because I feel like for me to be competitive in pvp I have to reroll to a rogue or warrior? What?
    In the current game, you pretty much do have to. From what I've been reading Trion hasn't done any significant class balance changes for approximately 11 months to a year.

On a side note, I recognize your forum tag. Did you used to play on Briarcliff or Seastone?
    Elysian - Guardian Rogue and Cleric - Retired veteran from @Briarcliff and @Seastone.

<Vinco Bellum>

In the current game, you pretty much do have to. From what I've been reading Trion hasn't done any significant class balance changes for approximately 11 months to a year.

On a side note, I recognize your forum tag. Did you used to play on Briarcliff or Seastone?
    I can't remember lol. It's been a long time.

Shadowlander

I can't remember lol. It's been a long time.
    Your tag looks very very familiar. I'm almost positive you did.
    Do you remember which guild or your character's name by chance?

<Vinco Bellum>

Your tag looks very very familiar. I'm almost positive you did.
    Do you remember which guild or your character's name by chance?
    loverh mage i think and kissingaiur cleric. I played pvp alooooot. I think my old guild name was White Fang and Battleborn? Something like that.

Shadowlander

loverh mage i think and kissingaiur cleric. I played pvp alooooot. I think my old guild name was White Fang and Battleborn? Something like that.
    Ah yes I don't think I ever played against you I just recall you commenting on threads about PvP a TON back in the day, because I used to follow a lot of the ones related to my shards. A lot of Rift's top PvPers played on and created content from the shards I played on back then.

<Vinco Bellum>

Soulwalker

Warden works amazing in PvP but for it to reach it's potential you need a second non Warden healer as well.

Warden can stabilize the incoming damage so the second healer can keep up with the heals. It works best in BF. I had several matches where we had 1 maybe 2 dps die because they completely over extended.

Solo, they are not the best healer out there by any means.

I'm running Sentinel right now which is working out ok. I have decent burst healing potential but at level 27 my heals are slow. I know when I get higher in the tree they'll be faster so I can hold out until then. There are some classes that seem to do insane damage and I feel useless in those matches, but that's more an issue which those classes than with Cleric. With decent players on my team and an opposing team that isn't full of broken classes, I do pretty well I think.

I remember at launch I played a Warden/Sentinel/Templar build but even then I remember it didn't have a lot of burst healing, save the day potential. It was a great raid healer and I put out a ton of healing, but the nature of a HoT healer is less burst, more long term healing on multiple targets. So good for maintenance but if someone is being focused, you need help.

I honestly didn't even bother looking for a build this time around for leveling because I just wanted to jump in, so I just used the Benefactor I think the name is? It's the Sentinel primary healer preset build and the only one available at low levels. So you can try that out if you want and see how you like it.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 03-26-2018 at 07:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread