+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By dirtyundies
  • 7 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Myrosan

Thread: Best part of Rift gone why?

Rift Disciple

Default Best part of Rift gone why?

Back when rift launched their was open world faction pvp, i used to spend pretty much all day pvping. Why on earth is it locked out? Could we please get a pvp EU rift prime server?

Because the number of people who agree with you that open world PvP was the best part of RIFT is extremely low, sorry.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyundies View Post
    Back when rift launched their was open world faction pvp, i used to spend pretty much all day pvping. Why on earth is it locked out? Could we please get a pvp EU rift prime server?
    I fail to see how that is the "best" part of Rift, as the only people that tend to enjoy open world pvp (in pve games) are those that play (stealth) Rogues that go around ganking lowbies trying to level their (stealth) Rogue, so that they in turn can go around ganking low level (Stealth) Rogues.

The only way I see open world pvp working in a pve game is if they make it so that you can only attack players within five levels of your own character and heavily nerf stealth so that not everyone will go stealth.

Structured/objective-based pvp is good enough.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Catholicism View Post
    I fail to see how that is the "best" part of Rift, as the only people that tend to enjoy open world pvp (in pve games) are those that play (stealth) Rogues that go around ganking lowbies trying to level their (stealth) Rogue, so that they in turn can go around ganking low level (Stealth) Rogues.

The only way I see open world pvp working in a pve game is if they make it so that you can only attack players within five levels of your own character and heavily nerf stealth so that not everyone will go stealth.

Structured/objective-based pvp is good enough.
    while that is somewhat right it was still a ****load of fun to get a squad (damn near a raid those npc's hurt in the early days) together and go raid guardian citys and try and hold them

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Myrosan View Post
    while that is somewhat right it was still a ****load of fun to get a squad (damn near a raid those npc's hurt in the early days) together and go raid guardian citys and try and hold them
    You would think we want to take thier rift away again lol, thier is people who pve and pvp xD

While PVP shards were a big feature in Rift, I think people over the last few years have gravitated towards structured PVP. Warfronts is where you'll find your PVP, at least for now.

I do miss PVP rifts, those were the days.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

If PvP is so important to some people then do the right think and make yourself permanently PvP enabled. This may attract others to enable their PvP or make the first move.

Sure I'll get ganked far more than I can kill someone, but if that's what you're after, make the first move.

Those who aren't permantently PvP enabled clearly don't want to be ganked by a higher lvl stealthed rogue, and so they shouldn't, because we all know that's incredibly lame.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Disciple

I don't know why everyone so scared to get ganked, just place anti gank stuff in game. Get killed 5 times in the space of 30 mins by pvp, you flag off pvp for 1 hour, but can choose to flag back up before if you want.

Simple and fixed :S

They've got the numbers, guessing not viable at this time?
    Perhaps they will consider an experimental PvP server, I don't know. I doubt they would split that into NA/EU though, as even Prime has not supported that at this juncture.
    PvPers seem to be passionate and vocal, but may be fewer in number than you imagine.
    I support PvE and PvP, even if I lean more towards one than the other - but they can't go with something if it's a losing proposition for them.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Telaran

Actually there is one aspect of open world still available in PRIME... I did what seemed to be a PVP invasion in IPP this past weekend.. was able to kill some Guardians even though they were "blue" (non pvp flagged players). Can't remember the name of the event but it sure was fun. It was the one were you run stones to a turn in and had to protect Asha at the same time, while she was running around the zone. and no it wasn't the Whitefall warfront.. it was open world in IPP.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Clutter View Post
    Actually there is one aspect of open world still available in PRIME... I did what seemed to be a PVP invasion in IPP this past weekend.. was able to kill some Guardians even though they were "blue" (non pvp flagged players). Can't remember the name of the event but it sure was fun. It was the one were you run stones to a turn in and had to protect Asha at the same time, while she was running around the zone. and no it wasn't the Whitefall warfront.. it was open world in IPP.
    Right now you can kill opposite faction without any event - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...you-prime.html
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread