+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does Mercenaries work?

Plane Touched

Default How does Mercenaries work?

How does the game determine who goes to the opposing team as mercenaries? I had just assumed it was RNG, but after going merc 20+ times in a row, I am less inclined to think it is RNG.

Valid question.

One way I've found not to be merc'd very often is to quit queuing immediately after a WF. I'll go quest for a bit or craft something lame.

I wonder if there is an imbalance for Defiant vs. Guardian players, thus inherently one faction will be merc'd much more frequently?
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Telaran

There was some /4 chat about this other day... seems population of Guardians is much lower than Defiant. So yeah.. If you are a Defiant, you will get merced out a lot if you play warfronts all day

Doesn't really matter.. unless you are trying to role play I guess. Just be happy the low level queues are popping fast.. at about same rate I get on standard Rift at level 70.
    Last edited by Clutter; 03-14-2018 at 09:55 AM.

people q for pvp.

people get put in the group..

fair chance you get put in one group with players from your faction.

if there are more of one faction than the other in the que, the overload of one faction gets merced to the other faction, to keep a certain balance in the fight, so 10 defiants will not burn down 3 guardians, because for the que, more defiants were signing up.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Clutter View Post
    There was some /4 chat about this other day... seems population of Guardians is much lower than Defiant. So yeah.. If you are a Defiant, you will get merced out a lot if you play warfronts all day

Doesn't really matter.. unless you are trying to role play I guess. Just be happy the low level queues are popping fast.. at about same rate I get on standard Rift at level 70.
    As a guardian I am put red more times than I think I am blue, so that doesnt really hold true.

Rift Chaser

You guys are all wrong!

The way the mercenary system works, is it calculates which side is more likely to lose (ie no healers), and puts you on it!

At least that is how it worked for me :P

I do love the fast que times though.
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

There is technically no more Guardian vs Defiant in warfronts - its better to think of it as Red vs Blue. The whole "mercenary" thing is a relic concept that they did not go in and fix when random q'ing and the Elo system was put in place.

You can read up on how Elo works elsewhere. Everyone still has an Elo score, but the individual numbers are now hidden from view.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

+ Reply to Thread