+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Prime weekly downtime 04/11: 07:30 AM Pacific

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Prime weekly downtime 04/11: 07:30 AM Pacific

Hello all! Patch notes are coming, but we have a pretty solid roundup for you here already!

Vigil will be offline for the weekly patch tomorrow.
    7:30 AM Pacific (14:30 UTC)

Expected downtime is 1.5 hours.

See you in Telara!
    Brasse

NOTE: The Guardian and Defiant Sagas will NOT unlock before 9:00 AM Pacific tomorrow. 16:00 UTC). This is in support of the 2nd Prime:Vigil Challenge.

NOTE ON THE NOTE: If anyone accessed the Guardian and Defiant Sagas early and successfully complete them, they will receive the title, but will NOT be eligible for the 2nd Prime Challange (the data tracker will not recognize any access before 9:00 am 04/11.

Rift Disciple

Question - when the T2 experts come in will the expert gear vendors be updated as well?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello all! Patch notes are coming, but we have a pretty solid roundup for you here already!
    So i read the notes you posted. i am glad you finally helped the warriors out they really needed some love... but i must ask... when are you gonna fix cleric? we dont really have any souls pulling viable ST DPS. yeah ok runeshaper maybe but every other one is garbage. defiler was fine until you nerfed it. shaman and druid? well if your not using them to level you might as well not have them cause they are garbage... please i ask again for our cleric sanity... please fix these souls so they are viable. not every cleric wants to be a healer or tank...(especially since the threat gen for the tanks in this game is weaker then that of a healer)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakau View Post
    Question - when the T2 experts come in will the expert gear vendors be updated as well?
    Updated with what? The items they sell are the old loot tables from the experts; T2 included. They do not have any more expert items to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemortum View Post
    So i read the notes you posted. i am glad you finally helped the warriors out they really needed some love... but i must ask... when are you gonna fix cleric? we dont really have any souls pulling viable ST DPS. yeah ok runeshaper maybe but every other one is garbage. defiler was fine until you nerfed it. shaman and druid? well if your not using them to level you might as well not have them cause they are garbage... please i ask again for our cleric sanity... please fix these souls so they are viable. not every cleric wants to be a healer or tank...(especially since the threat gen for the tanks in this game is weaker then that of a healer)

Here's the biggest issue with Prime balancing. Anything done now will basically need to be reverted when the level cap increases. If Shaman does competitive dps today, what happens in 2 months when SL drops and they get their gcd decrease @61 points? I'm not saying callings shouldn't be equal, it's just most any work done today will be erased tomorrow, which with their bandwidth is something I imagine the team would prefer to avoid.
    Last edited by Stihl; 04-11-2018 at 04:08 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Soulwalker

i could only wish shaman was viable. but it is only a leveling spec. but i know you have seen it. only rogues and mages do good ST DPS. id like to have options that atleast equal the numbers of other classes. doesnt need to be top DPS just needs to hold its own against the other classes. alot of clerics enjoyed playing Shaman and inquistor in live... neither of which are pulling good numbers. i got roges pulling over 1kDPS ST and clercs riding between 500-700 ST. AOE spec is fine but the ST classes? the idea behind this game setup was that all classes could do all roles and be viable in some way... but as it stands unless we are Tank or Healer clerics and warriors are junk. they are supposedly fixing warriors... is it too much to ask they do the same for clerics?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

NOTE: The Guardian and Defiant Sagas will NOT unlock before 9:00 AM Pacific tomorrow. 16:00 UTC)
    Somebody must have jumped the gun, Life Saga is active for Guardians since 12:00 UTC 18 mins ago, or at least that's the earliest i noticed Cardinal Fiach had the quest marker so it might have been active earlier.

Soulwalker

NOTE ON THE NOTE: If anyone accessed the Guardian and Defiant Sagas early and successfully complete them, they will receive the title, but will NOT be eligible for the 2nd Prime Challange (the data tracker will not recognize any access before 9:00 am 04/11.
    so how is this fair? most people were looking for any quest to level up. if they did this then im sure most of them were unaware of it being a special quest line. your saying they wont be eligible but i dont feel this is good since you are pretty much saying 'sorry guys we screwed up the coding(once again) gave you access to content not yet supposed to be available.. but we are gonna punish you for not being aware of it'... would it not be better to just reset their progression in it so they have a chance to do what they were supposed to do? since in the long run it was your screw up?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The "A Snake in Sanctum" part has bugged out, like it has been doing for past seven years, Cealhaidh the Corruptor just goes barmy at 25%, doesn't help that everyone just keeps attacking her.

NOTE: The Guardian and Defiant Sagas will NOT unlock before 9:00 AM Pacific tomorrow. 16:00 UTC). This is in support of the 2nd Prime:Vigil Challenge.

THE SAGAS ARE LIVE NOW!!!
    this is at 2:30pm BST/6:30am server time
    they have been live for at least 30mins

there are loads of peeps picking them up and starting to do them
    will all these people lose eligability for the challenge too?

Shadowlander

Cleric healing fixes would be great. Right now there is no point in a playing a cleric unless you want to be a tank. Healing is **** compared to other classes, DPS is **** compared to other classes (AOE and ST) and tanking is decent. I got to 50, geared up and I'm re-rolling a mage so that I can actually do what I want to do, heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamafk View Post
    Cleric healing fixes would be great. Right now there is no point in a playing a cleric unless you want to be a tank. Healing is **** compared to other classes, DPS is **** compared to other classes (AOE and ST) and tanking is decent. I got to 50, geared up and I'm re-rolling a mage so that I can actually do what I want to do, heal.
    So "Iamafk" means I am a Frostkeeper? Seems you're a bit over due to roll a Mage healer.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Shadowlander

HAHAHA. I actually never made that connection until right now. Iamafk is still a cleric sadly. She will heal you while AFK though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    So "Iamafk" means I am a Frostkeeper? Seems you're a bit over due to roll a Mage healer.

why not get rid of the whole challenge thing...

And just create a title, reward or w/e

Make it an achievement .. anyone doing it gets the title, a box with a reward drop or w/e

If you want to rush players into accomplishing things in a certain time limit, you can also make a motd message you have to click away and in that message announce the special reward of the month for accomplishing specific things.

that way, you can make 'challenges' for all levels, fresh player, high level player, callings...

example reward.. prefix title ' hamster'

anybody who accomplishes the following in april (or from april 14 to may 14)

forage, mine, butcher, fish 100 nodes (not counting drops from workorder boxes)
    crafts 75 items (not processed materials)
    who completes 25 dungeons
    who wins 25 warfronts

sidenote.. numbers and dates are of course fictional..
    Last edited by Aranka; 04-11-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Exclamation

Crafting Reagents Disappeared from the rift store on Live!

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    why not get rid of the whole challenge thing...

And just create a title, reward or w/e

Make it an achievement .. anyone doing it gets the title, a box with a reward drop or w/e

If you want to rush players into accomplishing things in a certain time limit, you can also make a motd message you have to click away and in that message announce the special reward of the month for accomplishing specific things.

that way, you can make 'challenges' for all levels, fresh player, high level player, callings...

example reward.. prefix title ' hamster'

anybody who accomplishes the following in april (or from april 14 to may 14)

forage, mine, butcher, fish 100 nodes (not counting drops from workorder boxes)
    crafts 75 items (not processed materials)
    who completes 25 dungeons
    who wins 25 warfronts

sidenote.. numbers and dates are of course fictional..
    Because challenges are fun and the reward of having a special title given to you and ten other people far outweights the feeling of having another title to add to the massive list. It means you were one of the first people to do that thing. I would have loved to get a special world first Avid Reader title, but that was only a challenge between players, it wasn't a dev challenge. The reward of having accomplished it before anyone else felt just as grand for a decent amount of time where myself and maybe 3 other people had achieved it, and then it kind of wore off. I personally feel like a 1/10 title would have helped solidify that feeling, making it even better than it was.

If it's just another achievement, well, maybe players are already racing each other for it...the sense of achievement isn't the same (ironicly). Anyone can go collect 20 bounty artifacts, but is that one of the things that drove you from the start of the server?
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85
    If you need me, I'm on archeage now. Blight, on Inoch.
    Scratch that, it would be Blight on Thunderwing now, but I quit AA so I'm back as Lockshock on Vigil

+ Reply to Thread