Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree20Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 4.4: Hotfix #4 3/29/2018 (All)

  1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Team CM Morgana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,048

    Default RIFT 4.4: Hotfix #4 3/29/2018 (All)


    RIFT 4.4: Hotfix #4 3/29/2018

    == LIVE SERVER NOTES ==

    CARNIVAL OF THE ASCENDED
    * The cosmetic items Primal Carnival Mask and Mask of the Firebird are now set to properly auto-consume upon purchase.


    RIFT STORE & SERVICES
    * Storm Cells can now be found in the Rift Store as a limited purchase item (Equipment > Upgrade Parts. Cost is 5,000 Legion Datagrams.


    SOULS

    MAGE

    MYSTIC ARCHER
    * Fixed the abilities Path of Stone, Path of Air, and Leyline Traversal to be blocked when carrying a flag in warfronts.


    ROGUE

    SABOTEUR
    * Fixed the followings talents which could occasionally not be granted to players despite them being taken. Combat arming, Bombs Away, and Exit Strategy. Please note that in the vast majority of cases these talents functioned as intended.


    WARRIOR

    PALADIN
    * Fixed a bug where shield of the hero would not grant its 30% healing buff.


    ZONES & EVENTS
    * Fixed an issue in Mathosia where Expert Lures could be used at raid rift tears.

    GLOAMWOOD
    * Fixed some of the Gloamwood quest flow.

    IRON PINE PEAKS
    * Changed the mob level of some of the character sagas that were above the level of the zone.
    * Raid rift tears will no longer spawn in the zone.
    * Quest: A Meeting of Interest: Fixed an issue with the Abyssal Cultist Disguise expiring after being used.

    SCARWOOD REACH
    *Quest: Among the Endless: Fixed an issue with the Cultist Uniform Piece disguise expiring after being used.
    * Reduced the Experience rewards from Trophy Hunt quests in Scarwood Reach.

    SHIMMERSAND
    * Fixed the unnatural rate of invasion spawns in zone events.

    STILLMOOR
    * Fixed the unnatural rate of invasion spawns in zone events.
    * Zone Event: Eye for an Eye: Fixed an issue where Gogalab the Poxbringer would sometimes not spawn at the end if players successfully completed the Shadestone objective.

    STONEFIELD
    * The Bones of Nestor will now stay close to the body they came from rather than participating in a Weekend at Bernie’s style adventure across Stonefield


    DUNGEONS & RAIDS

    THE FALL OF LANTERN HOOK
    * Pyromaster Cortinald’s Cinder Burst can now be properly interrupted.


    PVP & WARFRONTS
    * Added leaderboards for Ghar Station Eyn and Blighted Antechamber.


    CRAFTING
    * Gathering dailies for skill level 451+ now offer the appropriate amount of crafting marks.


    ITEMS
    * Non-dungeon currencies are no longer boosted by the Dungeon Veteran bonus. This includes crafting marks, favor, and planarite.
    * Slightly increased drop rate of Storm Cells.
    * Decreased the Captured Intel costs of a number of items.



    RIFT 4.4: Hotfix #4 3/29/2018

    == PRIME: VIGIL PATCH NOTES ==

    GENERAL
    * Fixed a display issue where the client displayed you received more loot than you actually did. This in particular refers to the calendar reward of Planarite.


    SOULS
    * Gifts have been restored for Mystic Archers, Saboteurs & Runeshapers!

    CLERIC

    DEFILER
    * Aggressive Avarice has had its damage greatly reduced

    RUNESHAPER
    * Rune of Smiting has had its damage greatly reduced

    SENTINEL
    * Wrathful Exuberance has had its damage greatly reduced


    MAGE

    MYSTIC ARCHER
    * Fixed the abilities Path of Stone, Path of Air, and Leyline Traversal to be blocked when carrying a flag in warfronts.
    * Elemental Barrage has had its damage greatly reduced.


    ROGUE

    SABOTEUR
    * Fixed the followings talents which could occasionally not be granted to players despite them being taken. Combat arming, Bombs Away, and Exit Strategy. Please note that in the vast majority of cases these talents functioned as intended.


    ROGUE

    SABOTEUR
    * Fragmentation Sticky Bomb has had its damage somewhat reduced.


    WARRIOR

    PALADIN
    * Fixed a bug where shield of the hero would not grant its 30% healing buff.


    ZONES & EVENTS
    * Fixed an issue in Mathosia where Expert Lures could be used at raid rift tears.

    GLOAMWOOD
    * Removed more of those pesky Primalist Trainers.
    * Fixed some of the Gloamwood quest flow.

    IRON PINE PEAKS
    * Changed the mob level of some of the character sagas that were above the level of the zone.
    * Raid rift tears will no longer spawn in the zone.
    * Quest: A Meeting of Interest: Fixed an issue with the Abyssal Cultist Disguise expiring after being used.

    SCARWOOD REACH
    *Quest: Among the Endless: Fixed an issue with the Cultist Uniform Piece disguise expiring after being used.
    * Reduced the Experience rewards from Trophy Hunt quests in Scarwood Reach.

    SHIMMERSAND
    * Fixed the unnatural rate of invasion spawns in zone events.

    STILLMOOR
    * Fixed the unnatural rate of invasion spawns in zone events.
    * Zone Event: Eye for an Eye: Fixed an issue where Gogalab the Poxbringer would sometimes not spawn at the end if players successfully completed the Shadestone objective.

    STONEFIELD
    * The Bones of Nestor will now stay close to the body they came from rather than participating in a Weekend at Bernie’s style adventure across Stonefield


    DUNGEONS & RAIDS

    THE FALL OF LANTERN HOOK
    * Pyromaster Cortinald’s Cinder Burst can now be properly interrupted.


    PVP & WARFRONTS
    * Adjustments have been made to the bolstering values for level 50 brackets on Prime enabled servers.
    *10-40 brackets required more female Dwarven beard sacrifices than we had in stock. Updates to them should land with the next update.
    * More adjustments in the works.
    * Level 50 Warfront caches should now properly contain gear.


    ITEMS
    * Over leveled level 50 dungeon and expert gear from prior to last week’s reduction in iLvl has been retroactively reduced in iLvl to bring it into line with the current gear drops.
    * Fixed an issue causing certain items that should not be Bind on Equip to now properly be Bind on Pickup.
    * Non-dungeon currencies are no longer boosted by the Dungeon Veteran bonus. This includes crafting marks, favor, and planarite.
    * A number of Wardrobe Bundles that were missing the auction tag have been fixed so that they can more easily be found in the Auction House (Armor > Costume).
    Last edited by Tacitus; 03-29-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Korrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140

    Default

    So many good things....

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post

    CLERIC

    DEFILER
    * Aggressive Avarice has had its damage greatly reduced

    RUNESHAPER
    * Rune of Smiting has had its damage greatly reduced
    yes... ofcourse.. keep nerfing cleric DPS so its no longer viable... so that everytime we find one that works it cant hold up to other classes... cause all i ever want to do with my cleric is heal or Tank... (sarcasm intended) next thing we know... after we all grind out the planerite for runeshaper they will decide to Completely destroy that too.. GG well done. (you guys should learn to adjust PVP and PVE differently)

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telemortum View Post
    yes... ofcourse.. keep nerfing cleric DPS so its no longer viable... so that everytime we find one that works it cant hold up to other classes... cause all i ever want to do with my cleric is heal or Tank... (sarcasm intended) next thing we know... after we all grind out the planerite for runeshaper they will decide to Completely destroy that too.. GG well done. (you guys should learn to adjust PVP and PVE differently)
    So defiler was fine? And isnt it a little presumptuous to tell a team of professionals what they have to learn? You imply that there is a very simple solution but they just dont see it and I honestly don’t think that that’s the case. Btw since you seem to like to complain i‘d Advise you to roll a warrior ;-)
    Last edited by Khamet; 03-29-2018 at 05:03 AM.
    Khamet@Brutwacht
    <VANEN>

  5. #5
    Ascendant Dinadass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamet View Post
    So defiler was fine? And isnt it a little presumptuous to tell a team of professionals what they have to learn? You imply that there is a very simple solution but they just dont see it and I honestly donít think that thatís the case. Btw since you seem to like to complain iĎd Advise you to roll a warrior ;-)
    Defilers were fine at higher levels yeah. And if you spend 30 minutes reading various things on these forums it's pretty obvious that the staff is either severely short handed or just not aware of many balance issues. See: live servers.

    <Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamet View Post
    So defiler was fine? And isnt it a little presumptuous to tell a team of professionals what they have to learn? You imply that there is a very simple solution but they just dont see it and I honestly don’t think that that’s the case. Btw since you seem to like to complain i‘d Advise you to roll a warrior ;-)
    In PvE at lv50 defiler was very inline with other dps specs, there was no reason to nerf them from PvE side of things. Runeshaper - yes, it does too much dps, but with both classes nerfs we are most likely gonna be left with only 1 dps spec that can compete, if we are lucky. By removing defiler from competent dps specs we no longer have any ranged spec that is fun to play as dps at lv50, runeshaper is boring as hell and inq is just garbage.
    Last edited by Skalikas; 03-29-2018 at 05:22 AM.

  7. #7
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamet View Post
    So defiler was fine? And isnt it a little presumptuous to tell a team of professionals what they have to learn? You imply that there is a very simple solution but they just dont see it and I honestly don’t think that that’s the case. Btw since you seem to like to complain i‘d Advise you to roll a warrior ;-)
    What you're forgetting is the wind up time defiler needs in order to do damage at all. Imo it is fine, Rogues do the same kind of dps (if not higher) and don't get nerfed at all, despite not having any need for applying several dots first in order to do damage. Nerf defiler PvP-wise? Maybe, but PvE-wise it's a big mistake. I can't even begin to fathom how defiler is supposed to be doing too much damage in PvE.
    Last edited by Fia; 03-29-2018 at 05:31 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  8. #8
    Soulwalker Mikoto Misaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Where are the Warrior DPS nerfs?? I am disappoint Trion. Glad you nerfed Defiler though, I was getting worried I would actually have a toon I could do damage on for once. Oh well, back to the dumpster for me.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Oh boy, i might be able to do High Level questing as a Sab without needed a pet....

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser ChamberDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    319

    Default

    If they just made Saboteur an 8 target soul with no 3 target capability and adjusted bombs accordingly to excel on this number of targets, I think that would fix it. I do sort of hate that the Saboteur stuff transferred to Prime. It probably should have gotten the nerf bat too.

    I honestly enjoyed playing sab much more when it was a 2 button spec (with some options for extra buttons if you choose).

    *edit for clarification* Mostly because we didn't have to include sab in everything because of the low point high damage low hanging fruit in the tree. Hated this when Shadeborn came out too. No soul should have such strong active/passives so low in the tree, that its playstyle encroaches on another soul's.
    Last edited by ChamberDown; 03-29-2018 at 06:05 AM.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

    Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default Oh you mean like Mage MA builds? etc. (That was also nerfed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalikas View Post
    In PvE at lv50 defiler was very inline with other dps specs, there was no reason to nerf them from PvE side of things.
    That's a funny statement due to the fact that everyone is using builds that are way over powered. Read the notes clerics weren't the only ones nerfed... Cleric was top DPS, Heals and Tank...

    Now I agree that there is a balance issue here but it is being worked on over time. when you enter a warfront and 90% of the classes are clerics and the winners are clerics etc. theres a need to nerf... When you do a zone event and majority of the time is a cleric top DPS there's an issue.
    Last edited by Nothingness; 03-29-2018 at 06:53 AM.
    Nothingness of Vigil - Defiant Mage

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
    That's a funny statement due to the fact that everyone is using builds that are way over powered. Read the notes clerics weren't the only ones nerfed... Cleric was top DPS, Heals and Tank...
    Please show me any other big nerf apart from clerics in this patch notes (sab doesn't count as they get overall boost).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
    Now I agree that there is a balance issue here but it is being worked on over time. when you enter a warfront and 90% of the classes are clerics and the winners are clerics etc. theres a need to nerf... When you do a zone event and majority of the time is a cleric top DPS there's an issue.
    You seem to be missing a point, defiler - PvE wise at lv50 is no better than any other dps spec, running expert dungeons every day and I more often see mages with their ele/ma at top dps rather than cleric defilers. Runeshaper, well thats quite different story, they are overpowered and needed a nerf, I don't think there is 1 cleric that would object to it. Now, we get defiler nerfed just because it does too well in PvP, which is punishing all those end-game players of whom I would say majority have no interest in PvP instead of looking for a way to only nerf them in WFs but not PvE. As for the balance pre-lv50, well, I don't give a damn about it, you are going through levels way too fast for it, what I'm interested is lv50 balance where all the fun is.
    Last edited by Skalikas; 03-29-2018 at 07:06 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalikas View Post
    In PvE at lv50 defiler was very inline with other dps specs, there was no reason to nerf them from PvE side of things.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Defiler meant to be a support spec? Maybe it's changed since I quit in SL, but I distinctly remember it being more akin to a Chloro that mitigated damage instead of healing it. IF this still is the case, and it was pulling DPS level numbers, then there is an issue. Similar to, and I keep having to draw from SL comparisons, the SC/Arbiter spec that was dominant for a short while. Trion's response to this, and I'm paraphrasing here, was that "a tank spec plus an AoE focused spec should not make the best ST DPS spec in the game." and I feel it relates to this Defiler DPS debate.

    Same with Wrathful Exuberance. It was doing WAY to much. It was BROKEN. A strictly healing soul should not be able to pump out those kinds of DPS numbers. If you saw Chloro solo tank healing in raid while pulling 1400 DPS you'd be very concerned as well.
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

    Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default Think you missed the point...

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalikas View Post
    You seem to be missing a point, defiler - PvE wise at lv50 is no better than any other dps spec, running expert dungeons every day and I more often see mages with their ele/ma at top dps rather than cleric defilers. Runeshaper, well thats quite different story, they are overpowered and needed a nerf, I don't think there is 1 cleric that would object to it. Now, we get defiler nerfed just because it does too well in PvP, which is punishing all those end-game players of whom I would say majority have no interest in PvP instead of looking for a way to only nerf them in WFs but not PvE. As for the balance pre-lv50, well, I don't give a damn about it, you are going through levels way too fast for it, what I'm interested is lv50 balance where all the fun is.

    Did you not read that the mage Top DPS ability was also "Greatly Reduced"... There should not be such a variance in DPS. Cleric and Mage needed a nerf, we all knew it was coming... Its been this way from the get go... You have a class that has such an advantage in terms of DPS or tanking etc. you can count on a nerf, its only a matter of time.
    Nothingness of Vigil - Defiant Mage

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Livandria View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Defiler meant to be a support spec?
    It was, it is no longer, now DPS all the way. We got a single 2min CD cooldown lasting 10s left which in no way makes defiler a support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Livandria View Post
    Same with Wrathful Exuberance. It was doing WAY to much. It was BROKEN. A strictly healing soul should not be able to pump out those kinds of DPS numbers. If you saw Chloro solo tank healing in raid while pulling 1400 DPS you'd be very concerned as well.
    Nobody is arguing anything about it, it was broken and it should be fixed. The only issue is with the defiler nerf that clerics are receiving, all other changes are getting no complaints.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
    Did you not read that the mage Top DPS ability was also "Greatly Reduced"... There should not be such a variance in DPS. Cleric and Mage needed a nerf, we all knew it was coming... Its been this way from the get go... You have a class that has such an advantage in terms of DPS or tanking etc. you can count on a nerf, its only a matter of time.
    Elemental barrage was broken and it is being fixed, how is that a nerf? MA are receiving boost not a nerf with the gifts being turned on again. Mages already have a seriously well performing ST spec that was not using this ability and with the boost it is becoming even more powerful.

    Again, wtf are you reading that you are again arguing about clerics having too OP dps spec? Not a single cleric will object that runeshaper was overpowered in PvE at current end-game, no1 is arguing about it, but not a single one will agree that defiler was OP at current end-game too, it was in-line with other dps in experts and even loosing to Ele/MA build which is now receiving a boost. How is that a reasonable move from devs? We are being left with a single strong ST spec after the patch and even then need to see if we can reach mages dps.
    Last edited by Skalikas; 03-29-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts