Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 4.4: Hotfix #4 3/29/2018 (All)

Rift Disciple

Actually the mage ability Elemental Barrage has been disabled for 3 weeks aside from the first couple days and then a few hours after one patch.

The scaling down of EB damage and re-enabling of MA gift will actually be a single target dps increase for mages running Ele/MA if the patch notes are complete and correct.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
    Cleric was top DPS, Heals and Tank...
    Cleric had one overtuned dps spec (which is now gone), a tank spec with the worst cds in the game out of all tanks, and terrible healing comparative to other souls. You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

When you enter a warfront and 90% of the classes are clerics.
    That's an absolute lie because at 50 I pvped for a few hours yesterday, 7/10 wfs me and hikos were the only two clerics in the warfront. And any pvp before 50 doesn't matter.

When you do a zone event and majority of the time is a cleric top DPS there's an issue.
    I assume you're talking about defiler. When defiler got reworked its base damage didn't get scaled properly. So it does alot of dps at lower levels. Thus being top dps in zone events because of the fact that none of the zone events are at 50 besides stillmoor. Runeshaper was overtuned. Defiler was fine. Now they're both ****. Congratulations QQers win again.

clerics are doing less dps than bard and beast master
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Soulwalker

Aggressive Avarice's damage wasn't the problem. You'll be nerfing Defiler again. There was a much better way to nerf defiler and you ignored it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    Cleric had one overtuned dps spec (which is now gone), a tank spec with the worst cds in the game out of all tanks, and terrible healing comparative to other souls. You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

That's an absolute lie because at 50 I pvped for a few hours yesterday, 7/10 wfs me and hikos were the only two clerics in the warfront. And any pvp before 50 doesn't matter.

I assume you're talking about defiler. When defiler got reworked its base damage didn't get scaled properly. So it does alot of dps at lower levels. Thus being top dps in zone events because of the fact that none of the zone events are at 50 besides stillmoor. Runeshaper was overtuned. Defiler was fine. Now they're both ****. Congratulations QQers win again.

clerics are doing less dps than bard and beast master
    QQ... First off, I've played since original launch, I've had my fair share of nerfs over the years and years of playing... When there is a soul overpreforming everyone acts as if its the end of the world and get all pissy before they even try. They also know that is will be fixed but still get butt hurt when it does. They read the notes etc .and its a knee jerk reaction... Second, I'm speaking to my own experiences and I'm not to level 50 yet. May be different at higher levels but Cleric was/is blowing everyone out of the water in PVE and WF. third, I've got other clerics etc. stating the exact items I've listed above. Everyone has an opinion, it is what is is.
    Nothingness of Vigil - Defiant Mage

Gox
    Champion

Good start but basically now Rogues are completely stuck with Sab?
    Hopefully next ground after these nerfs is buffs to give us some diversity.
    I sucks for Clerics to get so many changes but tbh everyone else is living the life of 1 viable spec, except warriors .

I just really hope this isn't it because this basically just gets us to a slightly tuned down version of the awful imbalance/options we have had for the last 20 days.

Steps in the right direction. I am looking forward to what the next few weeks bring into the Prime.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

I'm not to level 50 yet.
    Then your opinion is irrelevant.

Cleric domination in zone events and sub 50 pvp literally doesn't matter. And if balance changes are going to be made because a few people died in a warfront or a few people are getting out parsed BELOW 50 then idk.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-29-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Telaran

QQ... First off, I've played since original launch, I've had my fair share of nerfs over the years and years of playing... When there is a soul overpreforming everyone acts as if its the end of the world and get all pissy before they even try. They also know that is will be fixed but still get butt hurt when it does. They read the notes etc .and its a knee jerk reaction... Second, I'm speaking to my own experiences and I'm not to level 50 yet. May be different at higher levels but Cleric was/is blowing everyone out of the water in PVE and WF. third, I've got other clerics etc. stating the exact items I've listed above. Everyone has an opinion, it is what is is.
    What overpowered soul... it seems you are far from current lv50 expert geared reality as it goes. If we ignore runeshaper which every1 agrees needed to be nerfed, what other overpowered cleric sould could you point me to? Tank? The only aspect that clerics are good at are aoe agro, but as tank in it self it is no different from any other tank and I'm talking from experience having healed cleric/warrior/mage/rogue tanks. Healer? It is no better than any other soul, hell, when running as tank I often get worst healing from clerics where mages are falling asleep due too easy healing. Dps(not runeshaper)? Defiler was only competent ST dps spec which could compete with mages/rogues, though with current Ele/MA it was outperformed by it.

P.s. who cares about your life story, it has no importance with the current dissatisfaction coming from clerics which is 100% justifiable as we are loosing arguably only fun to play dps spec.

P.s.s. I feel other dps classes that have only 1 viable build and normally would not be so dissatisfied with the changes if it was runeshaper that was nerfed to the boot, as it was already rather boring class to play, but defiler required more than 3 buttons to play and therefore was fun.
    Last edited by Skalikas; 03-29-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Soulwalker

Right I'm going to put this blunt. Itís time that you as developers found a group of players that play at endgame that can give you proper information. Iím writing this post to help. I want this game to work but people are leaving.

I've been 50 for over a week now. Completed all the content available to me and now am sat waiting for more. Now I understand that there is a small % that are in my position so this isn't going to be aimed at the lack of content as I've rushed it and that is my fault.

What I'm going to complain about is your balancing. Now that you've separated the servers so that changes here do not affect live that is great, but now it's time to start listening to people who are at endgame. I'll light run down of each class - I'm happy to provide deeper information if you talk to me.

NOTE: Before anyone comments, this is balancing for endgame.Not leveling, also in saying that I'm looking at dps as I personally don't have or collected the knowledge to say much outside of rogue tank/healing.

Rogue

Saboteur - Extremely strong as AOE as it should be as it's designed for AOE. Now here the issue, it's also our strongest ST spec. As we have to incorporate 21 points in sab to create any decent ST spec. Hence the Range-sab and assassin-sab builds. This is just using another spec to boost the base damage of sab. This personally has destroyed rogue for me as all I've done endgame is play sab.

Assassin - Scales with gear so not going to say much. But current testing shows it sucks.

Bladedancer - This is actually alright. A good bladedancer can keep up with any range sab hybrid so long as we don't need to detach from the boss.

Nightblade - Base damage is so low that it does nothing, this needs a flat damage increase.

Ranger - Pets are either invulnerable or die in 5 seconds. I believe this is something to do with the way you re-balanced the 5man for prime. Buff pet damage by 50% and sort there resistances.

Marksman - The problem is, you've balanced these around 61 points, so the Builder shadow fire/empowered shot is impossible. So either buff the finishers by a lot to make 51 MM a thing or buff builders so hybrids work.

I've not tested shadow born.

Mage

Pyro - Is fine, it does pretty decent ST and AOE. I've seen some Pyros do stupid ST with nice procs and personally that is what the spec is made for. Those glory moments.

MA - We'll see after the changes.

Warlock - Similar to assassin scales with gear, see how it goes.

Ele - Meh, once again suffers from the balancing around 61 points. Makes a nice offsoul currently for the MA - Ele - Harb build.

Necro - Has not that good for along time. I've done some testing with a good mage friend, needs a buff to pets. Same place as ranger.

Harb - I've seen some amazing harbs on AOE and ST. Granted the ST is a hybrid but still does well.

Stormcaller - Amazing for AOE, great offsoul

Overall mage for me feels pretty damn good. I've seen more variation from mages endgame than anything else.

Cleric

Defiler - Was fine. I've never had a defiler smash me in experts nor have I seen one be OP. The nerf for me seems like it's aimed at PVP. Do not balance PVE around PVP.

Shaman - Suffers from the same problem of not having 61 points.

Inquisitor - Same as shaman.

Cabalist - Amazing for AOE just like sab/stormcaller made for it so fair enough.

Druid - Never seen one. That says much.

Runeshaper - Not seen one. Nor have anyone that can test it for me. But after your rather radical nerf it must have been powerful.

Warrior

What a mess. I mean I've got 4 friends that play warrior and all but one was absolutely destroyed seeing no changes and have basically stopped playing. I'll be honest it's time to get this sorted. Buffs are needed.

For those that won't read what I've put and just complain let me just put it simply.

Specs that are based around 61 points (50% of them) just need flat damage buffs to compensate.

Warriors need buff across the board.

Mages, hate me if you must, you're fine. Little tweeks here and there, but the amount of variation in specs that do similar damage is great.

Clerics, buff there base damage around spec that require 61 points, jobs a good one.

Rogue, buff everything, nerf sab. Simple. I'm sick of being sab for everything.

Trion. Iím here to help not just complain. There are problem but instead of just complaining Iím offering ways to fix them. Would love some communication, I want rift to work.

P.S - Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, Iím heavily dyslexia though at times it can be quite entertaining.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skalikas View Post
    It was, it is no longer, now DPS all the way. We got a single 2min CD cooldown lasting 10s left which in no way makes defiler a support.
    Alright cool, thanks for the clarification, so then I somewhat disagree with the nerf if you're being accurate that they were pulling fair numbers. I will say that their damage in WF's is a little intense, from what I've experienced, if a Defiler wants you dead and it's an open area, you have a fairly rough time stopping them.
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

People keep talking about this rogue ST dps. What are we talking about? Sab is our best ST and it's extremely mediocre. It's pretty unarguably the best AE spec in the game but I don't consider it top tier ST.

I'm glad they're making balance changes but I don't agree with the way they nerfed sab. Sab overall is just as strong if not stronger now. Rangersab, the only build that was a remotely feasible ranged alternative to sab, is the build that gets hit by this nerf. If anything this sab nerf made it so sab is even further our only viable ranged spec.

It's a step in the right direction though. Balancing is tough. Trion doesn't have the troves of parses that the other game has to compare numbers.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    People keep talking about this rogue ST dps. What are we talking about? Sab is our best ST and it's extremely mediocre. It's pretty unarguably the best AE spec in the game but I don't consider it top tier ST.

I'm glad they're making balance changes but I don't agree with the way they nerfed sab. Sab overall is just as strong if not stronger now. Rangersab, the only build that was a remotely feasible ranged alternative to sab, is the build that gets hit by this nerf. If anything this sab nerf made it so sab is even further our only viable ranged spec.

It's a step in the right direction though. Balancing is tough. Trion doesn't have the troves of parses that the other game has to compare numbers.
    Do note that Sab's soul gift is being reactivated. This means at 44 points in Sab, you will see an overall 44% damage increase. Sure you then have to take the Frag Bomb nerf into account but i feel that this will over all be good for Sab heavy Roles.
    Last edited by Powerfist89; 03-29-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post

Agree with you 100%
    Just people who don't play endgame saying random stuff they hear instead of testing it. But ye hybrid sab spec are not meh and full sab ST is king from now on. Just done acouple of dummy tests and ye.. Sab ST is silly now.
    Last edited by All or Nothing; 03-29-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by All or Nothing View Post
    Druid - Never seen one. That says much.
    It's not that bad, but takes ages to build up dmg (Natural Weakness stacks) and if disconnect happens and stacks are gone you again need time to build dmg up, so in dungeons its very annoying to play.

Quote Originally Posted by All or Nothing View Post
    Runeshaper - Not seen one. Nor have anyone that can test it for me. But after your rather radical nerf it must have been powerful.
    Depending on procs dps varies 1.5-2k, really wanna see if nerf/boost balanced it.

Telaran

I'm guessing there's been an oopsy with Elemental Barrage- you've nerfed it, which is fine, but it's still disabled in the game.
    *you fixed it, thanks!
    Last edited by Neringa; 03-29-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    Mujah - Riftstalker of Persona - 8/8 ID

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast