Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: VIGIL UPDATE: 6:00 AM PST 03/21/18

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rikuz View Post
    it cant be eu server on same place. its na server. problem is not lag of distance its about overpopulated.
    if they create eu server it will be like on live, different place and cannot be cross transfer
    I'd quite enjoy seeing a column on the prime servers to denote EU and NA - with the EU server having a proper EU IP address, but on the same menu. ;)
    --BC

Soulwalker

Default new shard.

If they were going to make a new shard I don't know why they didn't make a PvP shard especially with the high PvP population right now. people have been asking for one. not sure why it hasn't happened if they added orphiel.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Trix465 View Post
    It's possible that this is simply a temporary server for the Devs to test the stability of the new patch on a live server.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xVan View Post
    Patch notes Rift Prime:
    - Warriors are getting nerf across all their souls. If they are gonna be bad, we want them to be the best at it.
    - Cleric tanks are getting a buff on heals and aggro, they can now heal themselves, their party, npcs, mobs, mob's families and friends, raid bosses, and they will be able to tank from their dimensions while they are drinking and taking a sun bath.
    - Rogues will be removed from game, sorry for the inconveniences.
    - Mages MA: getting a huge buff on all their damage abilities, we need them to one shot all the mobs in the map, so we can start the Sanctum vs Meridian long range war. Pyro mechanic changes, now they will ve to use a water based soul to improve their cooldown. All the other souls are getting change to MA or Pyro, but they will retain their original names.

- XP: Every Fae mob will have their xp buffed, like 1 fairie 1 level. Cuz, we all hate them

- Rifts: we will ve 1 endless rift in the middle of everymap, it will grow in size for each new stage until it covers the whole map.

- Planarite will drop from critter mobs.

- Killing other faction's quest givers will reward you with a new mount.

- PvP: from now on, all pvp will be done naked.

- Hammerknell opens today, but everytime you die, you lose xp

enjoy the game!

Seems legit, thanks for the info !

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taskar View Post
    Lol you all Talk about XP increase. I dont think this should bei their only problem... There are many Bugs and a Big Problem with the Balance. You can only Play 2-4 of the dps rolls to do really damage... All Others do min. 50%less...

So this Patch notes should be really Big and include an Server / Ping fix for EU OR a EU server.

Else trion will se a really empty Server soon.
    There's plenty of class balance post debating why they can't do anything about it, you might wanna read these.

They also said that EU won't be getting a server... ever. So you should stop asking. They're already splitting a small player base from live with Prime, splitting prime between EU/NA would make it even more dead. There are plenty of EU players I play with that have no lag issues, rift is totally playable with 200ms, I play with 110 all the time and I'm from NA.

Soulwalker

And the new server is gone.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nokta View Post
    There's plenty of class balance post debating why they can't do anything about it, you might wanna read these.

They also said that EU won't be getting a server... ever. So you should stop asking. They're already splitting a small player base from live with Prime, splitting prime between EU/NA would make it even more dead. There are plenty of EU players I play with that have no lag issues, rift is totally playable with 200ms, I play with 110 all the time and I'm from NA.
    I would think that adding a 2nd shard, would be for the purpose of alleviating that ability lag that pops up from time to time. With it working like a cluster; you can shard hop back and forth for events and such and trade between them. But they'd still both be located in NA.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JotunnJokulsson View Post
    And the new server is gone.
    Yup its gone...

Either it was a test shard temporarily used or it was the base for an EU shard but needs to be moved region...

If only someone could confirm to us... *looks at devs*

Rift Disciple

"splitting a small playerbase from Live with prime"

lol come on, man. Most Prime players haven't played in many years and returned specifically for this type of server. Thinking that the playerbase of prime does anything but increase the amount of players on a F2P live server is a re-hash of the old, illogical and false "piracy stops sales!" argument.

getting RIFT talked about again and in the spotlight by having this prime server most likely

1. increased the live playerbase
    2. provided a large infusion of total number of RIFT players combined between live and prime
    Last edited by Artifa; 03-21-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nokta View Post
    They're already splitting a small player base from live with Prime, splitting prime between EU/NA would make it even more dead..
    That's why they could not make it so secret like that and send out some newsletter e-mails and do some marketing - I learned about RIFT prime just by pure accident. I have been asking for it for years and if it was not for the Steam news page open on my old computer, I would have never known about it and still be asking...
    Last edited by JotunnJokulsson; 03-21-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Artifa View Post
    "splitting a small playerbase from Live with prime"

lol let's be honest here, most Prime players haven't played in many years and returned specifically for this type of server. Thinking that the playerbase of prime does anything but increase the amount of players on a F2P prime server is a re-hash of the old, illogical "piracy stops sales!" argument.

getting RIFT talked about again and in the spotlight by having this prime server most likely
    1. increased the live playerbase
    2. provided a large infusion of total number of RIFT players combined between live and prime
    Here's another WILD idea:

There's a subset of former or current Rift players who will not play/switch to prime UNLESS there's an EU server, because they don't want to deal with the high latency or are unsure about trions commitment or whether this is just a cash grab.

Rift Disciple

2nd shard is already gone

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    There's a subset of former or current Rift players who will not play/switch to prime UNLESS there's an EU server
    A better WILD idea:

There's a subset of former Rift players who will not come back to prime UNLESS they know about it.

Soulwalker

Well, if Prime is a cash grab, it worked, for our entire guild from years ago lol. We re-upped this morning, got about 30 minutes of play in before servers came down. BLAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Gimme my fix!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zokot View Post
    Quest XP is getting a buff. That might not be enough to post patch notes, but there's probably more changes/fixes.
    God I hope they don't overdo it and make it too easy. I'm actually enjoying some grind... better than easy mode... POOF everyone is level 50

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast