+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Prime Closure

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT Prime Closure

Greetings Ascended

It is with great sadness that we announce that RIFT Prime, the great adventure through RIFT's history, is coming to an end. Prime will be closing at the stroke of midnight (PT) on March 31st 2019, character/credit transfers will take place the following week.
    The process will be completed by April 7th.

How is it going to work?

All transferred characters will be available on Reclaimer (Trial Only Server) in the US environment, and players will be able to transfer those characters to any other US live shard. We currently do not support character transfers between the US and EU environments.

All accounts who have at least one character who reached level 50 on Prime will be able to claim the following on live once character/credit transfers have been completed (Can be claimed once):
    • Level 65 Character Boost Pack
    • 1 million loyalty

What about the character slot maximum, can the current limit be exceeded?

Current limits cannot be exceeded, players concerned will need to have less than 12 characters (13 for those who purchase the original Wilds Pack) on any shard they wish to move characters off Reclaimer.

Any updates about name collisions? Will players be able to keep their names or how will this be resolved?

Characters who have name conflicts will be given the opportunity to choose a new name (they will have additional characters appended to the end of their current name when a conflict appears).

What will happen to guilds?

Guilds will not be transferred to live environments.

What should players do to prepare their individual accounts for the transfer?

Remove items from guild banks that you wish to transfer from Prime.
    Last edited by Liluri; 03-11-2019 at 12:11 PM.

King of Slackers

Was about time...

Spoiler!
    Last edited by keepor; 03-11-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thank you for putting Prime & minds to rest officially, I'm sure some wished things were different but the time for this to work has passed. I hope this will free up time & resources for positive news on live servers.

Although it is heartbreaking to say goodbye to all the things that prime could/should have been.. this is ENTIRELY the right decision.

I hope current prime players find the transition smooth and come onto live shards with all their items and especially their dimensions intact!

I have some awesome screenshots and some awesome memories from the first few months of prime

Telaran

Great news for EU prime player = you loose your character because there is NO transfer to EU serveur even if it was initially intended by ex-Trion ...

I am a french player, quite all my avatars are on Brisesol (french and EU shard), what will I do with an avatar on a US server ?

very sad and a big time loss

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by werebadger View Post
    I am a french player, quite all my avatars are on Brisesol (french and EU shard), what will I do with an avatar on a US server ?
    At least 1 million loyalty is accountwide and i guess the Level 65 Character Boost Pack is 1x per region...
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

On behalf of Madara, he wants to me ask for clarification on how mounts will work with transfers. Currently you can trade and sell mounts on prime which isn't the case on live. He wants to know if they will become account bound in your bags after transferring so that you can at least give them to character youw ant to consume them on?

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Default Closure Guilds

Hi,
    is it possible we can move ours guilds with the characters too?
    When moving between shards you can transfer them within the same servers and as we are staying on the US servers . ?
    it would be a great shame to loose the community and effort put into guild lvling and keeping things going :S

Plane Touched

do you keep the bank vaults that you have opened?

Sword of Telara

What about credits?

Credits on Prime are separate from Live. Will those merge? I know I have credits left on Prime still, but stopped playing there once Gamigo purchased since I could guess this would happen.

I would like those credits though, I did spend money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    On behalf of Madara, he wants to me ask for clarification on how mounts will work with transfers. Currently you can trade and sell mounts on prime which isn't the case on live. He wants to know if they will become account bound in your bags after transferring so that you can at least give them to character youw ant to consume them on?
    Continuing on; what will happen the Prime specific mounts and rewards that have been collected? And what about the Prime specific Prime raid drops? Will those be shifted to live as well? Can we get the ones already collected account wide?
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Quote Originally Posted by Madarablackgetsuga View Post
    Continuing on; what will happen the Prime specific mounts and rewards that have been collected? And what about the Prime specific Prime raid drops? Will those be shifted to live as well? Can we get the ones already collected account wide?
    I managed to find it after asking. I would imagine this was planned in advance and will still likely be the case, but it obviously doesn't answer all of your mount related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    The mounts dropping on Prime are single instances of that mount, not account entitlements like the lock box mounts. So they go to one character, and one character only.

Also - since I know some of you are probably already eyeing some kind of long game where you horde BoE mounts on Prime to bring them to Live in a year plus - don't bother hording the BoE mounts on Prime. Whenever any characters eventually get moved from Prime to Live, any of these chase goodies you have collected will become soulbound.

I'll say it again for those that skim instead of read:

ANY CHARACTERS THAT MOVE FROM PRIME TO LIVE WILL SEE ALL BOE CHASE ITEMS BECOME SOULBOUND.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5344213

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Greetings Ascended

All accounts who have at least one character who reached level 50 on Prime will be able to claim the following on live once character/credit transfers have been completed (Can be claimed once):
    Level 65 Character Boost Pack
    1 million loyalty[/I]

What will happen to guilds?

Guilds will not be transferred to live environments.

What should players do to prepare their individual accounts for the transfer?

Remove items from guild banks that you wish to transfer from Prime.

So, if you have three characters and only one is level 50 do all three get moved or only the one level 50?
    You are taking our guilds away? Our Homes!
    All things guild that you don't put in your bags will be lost? What about things in the mail or Auction House?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Gramma Judy View Post
    So, if you have three characters and only one is level 50 do all three get moved or only the one level 50?
    You are taking our guilds away? Our Homes!
    All things guild that you don't put in your bags will be lost? What about things in the mail or Auction House?
    Pretty sure it's all characters that get moved, but if you made it to 50 on any of them then you'll get 1mil loyalty on live. As far as guilds go, I can understand how disheartening it might be to lose a guild you've worked on, but there's a plethora of existing "homes" that will happily take people in when the merge takes place.

Take anything out of your guild bank, mail and auction house.

i would like some clarification on this closure: will the dimensions we have built on prime be transferred with the character or not?

Builds on Prime:
    Spiral Sanctuary, Ship Ahoy, Blue Idyll, Al Fresco, Logger's Revenge, Arena, The Fated Hour, Egdol Yks, Endless Court Oasis, Musee Fantastique, Dragon Spa, Might of Heroes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast