+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Prime Closure

It's established earlier in this thread that BoE mounts will become soulbound after the transfer from Prime to Live, but what about mount boxes (and other items) that are already Bound to Account on Prime, such as a mount box from Day 21 of the Daily Rewards Calendar?
    Last edited by Saido; 03-12-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    ~ Hana ~ Thorn ~ Mirceliade ~ Zondria ~ Amatsoni ~
    <Mythical Creatures>
    @Laethys @Deepwood

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Saido View Post
    It's established earlier in this thread that BoE mounts will become soulbound after the transfer from Prime to Live, but what about mount boxes (and other items) that are already Bound to Account on Prime, such as a mount box from Day 21 of the Daily Rewards Calendar?
    I don't think it's established at all what will happen to mounts and credits and such. While we know what the plan was when Trion was running things, it's Gamigo now, and all, ALL we know is what Gamigo have officially said, in their announcement, and whatever Gamigo representatives such as Liluri have said.

Maybe it'll be the same as what Trion had planned, and maybe it won't. It might even be better! We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    I don't think it's established at all what will happen to mounts and credits and such. While we know what the plan was when Trion was running things, it's Gamigo now, and all, ALL we know is what Gamigo have officially said, in their announcement, and whatever Gamigo representatives such as Liluri have said.

Maybe it'll be the same as what Trion had planned, and maybe it won't. It might even be better! We will see.
    Fair enough, although according to the initial post, it sounded as if credits might be transferred.

Post #12 on page 1 of this topic refers to how it was working previously. It seems reasonable to conjecture that it will mostly likely continue to work as it did before, as doing something new often requires new code.
    ~ Hana ~ Thorn ~ Mirceliade ~ Zondria ~ Amatsoni ~
    <Mythical Creatures>
    @Laethys @Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Saido View Post
    Fair enough, although according to the initial post, it sounded as if credits might be transferred.

Post #12 on page 1 of this topic refers to how it was working previously. It seems reasonable to conjecture that it will mostly likely continue to work as it did before, as doing something new often requires new code.
    From the initial post:
    All accounts who have at least one character who reached level 50 on Prime will be able to claim the following on live once character/credit transfers have been completed

Looks like they will transfer credits same time characters transfer....

Default Please consider...

...to give all Prime players 3 days of free patron time before the shutdown, so they can clear their guild banks etc. Don't force them to pay for that.

...giving guild leaders that have a Prime guild over guild level 10 the option to let CS boost a live guild to the same guild level and unlock the guild vaults.

...to make sure all dimensions will be carried over properly, as the dimension community put hundreds of hours into these dimensions, plus probably a ton of in game and IRL money.

...to give all Prime players a special title to remember the shard, previously citizens of closed shards got a "of XYZ" suffix title.

...inform all Prime players about the closure also via e-mail etc. and give them something to look forward to on live (upcoming updates, Carnival/new dungeon announcement etc.)

Don't make the same mistakes as in the past, treat your playerbase with respect and do the best you can to make this a smooth transition, even if only a few people still play.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-12-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Default BOOM I'M BACK BABY!

So what about silver tier players for whom the 1mil loyalty counts for nothing who have 12 level 70 toons for whom the insta 65 will be utterly useless for?

I would appreciate my choice of a Prime exclusive mount like the Void Wisps or Mecha Crucia.

Also if we bought the Prime storm legion pack on Prime will it suddenly give all our live toons the account wide trophies we paid cash for and will our transferred Prime character recieve all of our live account unlocks that our new toons created get?

Will wardrobe unlocks on Prime carry over and unlock account wide on Live for premium consumable wardrobes we bought on Prime?

If I buy the Glasnya's Wings pack on Prime will it still be BtA on Live so I can give it top my Main to open?

Default Things that are transferred with closure.

I am concerned about my personal bank.
    I was able to purchase a nice number of bank pages in Prime
    Will they transfer? I would really hate to lose my collected materials on those pages. If they don't all transfer how many will? So I know how to reduce my stash.

Secondly, will the gem credits transfer? I paid cash for those.... will they just get added to my account total? It would seem logical but I would like clarification.

Third.... will the two wardrobes blend ?

I do hope you folks can think of some way to provide some compensation for having worked hard at developing a guild. I belong to a 22+level guild and it seems a shame not to be able to have way to carry that hard work over to live. This really isn't a request for me personally, i am just a little peep in the guild some there are many members who put a lot of work and gold into making the guild work. If there are guilds who want to continue on LIVE can't there be some mechanism to let them recreate their guilds and bank pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeraldas View Post
    I do hope you folks can think of some way to provide some compensation for having worked hard at developing a guild. I belong to a 22+level guild and it seems a shame not to be able to have way to carry that hard work over to live. This really isn't a request for me personally, i am just a little peep in the guild some there are many members who put a lot of work and gold into making the guild work. If there are guilds who want to continue on LIVE can't there be some mechanism to let them recreate their guilds and bank pages.
    guilds and the bonus packs we spent cash on:
    the Prime Hunter Pack and the Prime Legion Pack

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Greetings Ascended!

A quick update on guilds, mails and banks:

1) Will guilds transfer?
    All characters transferred to Reclaimer will still be in their guild from Prime. They will be removed once transferred off Reclaimer though.

Note: this means you will still be able to access and remove items from the guild banks before transferring from Reclaimer to another US shard.

2) What about items in Guild banks or mail?
    These items will transfer to Reclaimer, but will need to be removed before making the transfer to another US shard.

We also collected and answered your questions that came up so far:

1) How will mounts work with transfers? Will they become account bound in the bags after transferring so that you can at least give them to a character you want to consume then on?
    Mounts that are currently tradable on Prime will be flagged Bind on Pickup once characters are transferred from Prime to Live servers. This includes the tradable “premium” style mounts that dropped from raids/dungeons, as well as those claimed from the monthly login rewards.

2) Will mounts like Mecha Crucia be account-wide if it was bought on Prime and will Mecha Crucia be available in a live server pack?
    Mecha Crucia will transfer to live servers but the transfer will not be account wide.

3) Will wardrobe unlocks made on Prime (especially premium consumed on purchase) be carried over to live accounts?
    Yes, absolutely! All wardrobe items unlocked on Prime will be available for use on characters transferred, as well as all other characters located in the same region. (Again, keep in mind: All Prime characters are being moved to the North American region).

4) What about rewards, specific Prime raid drops?
    Items on the characters on the Prime shards will be transferred to the live environment. Any items that could be traded on Prime servers will become Bind on Pickup before the characters are available on live shards.

5) Do you keep the bank vaults that you have opened?
    Definitely! Any additional character bank vaults unlocked on Prime will be available once the character is transferred to the live servers.

6) Will Credits on Prime merge to live as well?
    Yes, as originally noted in the announcement, all remaining Credits from Prime will be transferred to live shards the week following the closure of Prime.

7) Will dimensions be transferred as well?
    Yes.

8) Just for clarification – will you get 1mil loyalty per character that is level 50 or is it just for reaching level 50 on one character?
    Once per account. Loyalty will be applied directly to the account on live, once transfers have been completed.

9) If a new player decides to start on prime now and get to level 50 before the 31st March, will they get the level 65 boost and 1mil loyalty?
    Yes! The only requirement is having a single level 50 character on Prime on the account before the shards are locked on the 31st.

Note: Experience bonuses will slowly be ramped up between now and March 31st, so it’s a great time for those who want to get to 50 ASAP!

10) Why is it that Prime characters cannot be transferred to EU live, especially when transfers can be done from EU to PTS? Quote of 2010: “Cross-region transfers are something that we’re interested in doing, and we are investigating what we need to do to make it happen, including lots of testing. We don’t have an ETA on it yet, but we will let you know when we do.” Any update on this?
    Live and Test are very different environments running completely different versions of the game. It is true we allow copies to the PTS environment from both regions, but we have no current plans to support transfers between regions.

11) Will friend lists be transferred as well?
    Yes.

12) What should I do before the transfer?
    Make sure to claim all mounts from your mail!
    Last edited by Liluri; 03-13-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Easier ways

If none of the things gonna happen like guild canít be transfer, wardrobe donít work, mounts issue, dimensions not happening, etc.
    I believe you guys can give a set amount of credit to prime players in live. First it help them get what they need, dimension items, gears, lvling, whatever they need or want, to make up over a year of patron been invest into it, credit spent into etc. that way they would still have something worth playing on live
    2nd is all player email, ppl have quit prime stop playing, after reading what they be getting credits/loyalty/char transfer and 65 lvl pots. Highly possible ppl would return and play.

Quote Originally Posted by itrboost View Post
    If none of the things gonna happen like guild canít be transfer, wardrobe donít work, mounts issue, dimensions not happening, etc.
    I believe you guys can give a set amount of credit to prime players in live. First it help them get what they need, dimension items, gears, lvling, whatever they need or want, to make up over a year of patron been invest into it, credit spent into etc. that way they would still have something worth playing on live
    2nd is all player email, ppl have quit prime stop playing, after reading what they be getting credits/loyalty/char transfer and 65 lvl pots. Highly possible ppl would return and play.
    especially when cash was paid for the 30$ account wide prime pack, not having those items then offered to the rest of our live account is a bit of a kick in the pants

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Thank you Zyra,

Can y'all please use the blog for this news & any contests you do etc so emails get pinged?

Also #Riftgame hashtag (#ArcheAge etc) needs to be used on Twitter, makes life so much easier for those looking for news/content from other players.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-13-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Heya Zyra.
    Thank you so much for the superb Q&A post above.
    That really is some awesome and conctrete communication from you and the team!

I would like some clarification about the guilds.
    Usually transfering a guild from one server to another is perfectly possible, the guild leader simply changes shard and is asked if they want to bring the guild with them. The guild is then moved along with the guild leader to the next shard and every member of the guild gets a pop up when they log on telling them that the guild has moved and offering them a transfer to follow.
    Is it at all possible that this could happen with the prime guilds too? when the guild leader moves off of the reclaimer shard what will happen?

As for not being able to transfer to EU.. well this is understandable to anyone who has been playing for a long time and has seen this question asked again and again and has seen the reasoning behind it all.. however, this was expressed as something that would be possible when Prime was first announced.
    Although I am not expecting this function to suddenly be made available, I do wonder if it would be possible to offer some form of compensation to the EU players.
    Maybe every player with a level 50 char on Prime and a level 70 char on EU could be offered some kind of sweet treat to soften this blow.

thank you again for the information
    caduto

[QUOTE=Zyra;5373035]Greetings Ascended!

2) Will mounts like Mecha Crucia be account-wide if it was bought on Prime and will Mecha Crucia be available in a live server pack?
    Mecha Crucia may be made available on live servers in the future, but no immediate plans for that. If you own this mount on Prime, it will not transfer to live servers.

THIS ^ - we paid real money for this pack containing the mecha crucia mount and its NOT transferring to live? I wouldnt mind if it was only available for one character but if its not transferring, what compensation is being offered for the fact we spent real money for it?

Also what happens to the greyhound mount i have on one of my characters?

Builds on Prime:
    Spiral Sanctuary, Ship Ahoy, Blue Idyll, Al Fresco, Logger's Revenge, Arena, The Fated Hour, Egdol Yks, Endless Court Oasis, Musee Fantastique, Dragon Spa, Might of Heroes

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30

[QUOTE=Marquisa;5373048]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

Mecha Crucia may be made available on live servers in the future, but no immediate plans for that. If you own this mount on Prime, it will not transfer to live servers.

THIS ^ - we paid real money for this pack containing the mecha crucia mount and its NOT transferring to live? I wouldnt mind if it was only available for one character but if its not transferring, what compensation is being offered for the fact we spent real money for it?
    Hi there! Mecha Crucia will transfer to live servers but the transfer will not be account wide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast