+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS and Soul Balancing/Enhancing

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjali View Post
    Bloom will consume the Eldritch Gift proc whether you have taken the Healing Slipstream talent or not.
    (For reference, the talent reduces the cast time of Bloom and Flourish by 1/2 seconds)
    It does work properly if you do not have the talent.
    The bug fix is for when you do have the talent.
    That is why I was seeking the clarification -- you don't take the talent with Chloro as a harb off soul for that very reason, since you're using it for a proc. I was always under the impression that that wasn't a bug but was sort of part of decision making: if you're using Harb and Eldritch Gift you wouldn't then spend points in a talent to make something instant.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Ascendant

A little AOE love would be nice.

Paragon:

Sweeping Blades increase from 4 to 6 enemies and reduce penalty from 70% to 60%.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 04-29-2018 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Sword of Telara

First off, thanks putting up changes like this. It is great to see. I look forward to test them on the pts! Although I play almost exclusively a warrior I would also love to see additional changes to other souls from other classes not listed here such as Defiler/Druid/Oracle in Cleric, BladeMaster/Assassin/Shadborn/Marksman in Rogue and um I dunno for Mages but prolly something.

Initial thoughts without any testing done yet:

Warchanter/Champion:

Warchanter has no changes as of yet. The ability for this soul to single target heal while doing high single target and aoe dps at the same time is bad for the game. This needs to be changed and I am saying this as warrior.

Punishing blow is a big part of this problem. A legendary that requires 2 points in a tree should not be giving a 125% damage bonus to any damage type. The main source of damage from warchanter is aoe and so for ST fights you have a 125% damage increase on a target for two talent points invested that boosts this damage way over what it should be. This same legendary caused problems with Reaver early in the expansion. I warned Keyens at the time not to do this because this much power for little investment is never a good idea.
    I would suggest putting this type of damage buff much higher in the tree, perhaps on titan Strike instead. You could change bull rush legendary to do something else to still have it as a viable off soul. Make it increase the damage of the next builder or something.

As a side note thunderous strike has never been boosted by the punishing blow debuff. It would be great for this to be fixed as well.

Paragon:

The change to turn the blade could be problematic. This ties in with my above point about punishing blow. You may have a situation that every spec takes this because it is a flat 10% damage boost for 8 points. It may halp other souls like Warlord/Riftblade which is great but it might be worth keeping an eye on.

Legendary Rising Waterfall only effects Rising Waterfall. If you take this legendary then Final Blessing becomes useless as it can't proc like Rising Waterfall even if it does have a higher base damage.

The general buffs look nice. I would like to see a buff to flurry damage if possible as this abiltiy tends to be dps neutral.

RiftBlade:

It's nice to see RiftBlade recieving so many buffs as I feel it needs it them to bring it up from the low state it is currently in.

Can elemental precision be changed to bypass armour as well as resistences. If it does already (I remember there being confusion about it years ago) could you please update the tooltip

Warlord:
    I hope that warlord recieves a few buffs, even just small ones along with the tooltip updates. Battlefield experience and Decisive Strike are contenders for this as they are not really that relevant anymore at level 70 due to using mostly quick death and piercing strike in the rotation.

I would love to see piercing strike base damage to be slightly increased and perhaps arterial strike changed to have all it's damage up front or the same damage over a shorter duration. This ability has always clipped itself and never does it's full damage.

Low level legendaries:

Several low level legendaries names, Shock Pulse, Ravaging Strike, Swift Strike and Seasoned Strike increase damage on the target some way when they are used. I personally have never liked these legendaries. It's another skill to weave and monitor that feels clunky and doesn't really feel nice. The AP gain from shock pulse in Tempest originally had to be procced by using shock pulse but was changed to be passive by Allion for this very reason years ago. Perhaps making these legendaries passive would be a nice idea. Something like whenever you use a single target ability then they take x damage as well or with Seasoned strike it just increases all damage by a flat number as it does now without needing to be used.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    A little AOE love would be nice.

Paragon:

Sweeping Blades increase from 4 to 6 enemies and reduce penalty from 70% to 60%.
    You want to buff AoE damage from a ST Spec? If you need cleave/ae damage play another spec.
    =>Melee: WL has loseless cleave or go for RB, we don't need a third melee spec with cleave. You will not use Paragon for trash or a heavy AE encounter (which doesn't really exist) even when the penalty was only 40%...

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post

Warchanter/Champion:

Warchanter has no changes as of yet. The ability for this soul to single target heal while doing high single target and aoe dps at the same time is bad for the game. This needs to be changed and I am saying this as warrior.
    Actually they buffed Chantion with their current changes, especially on live:
    1. Mired – Increase damage bonus to 4/8/12%. Up from 3/6/9%.
    2. Fixed an issue where Warriors would have negative energy regen with their eternal weapon equipped and the Warchanter buff Deep Breaths active.
    3. Fixed an issue where the Warrior's energy bar would bounce between 0 and 20 several times when the energy regen buff from their eternal weapon was applied.
    Last edited by keepor; 04-29-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Ok this is interesting, right now without that over performing soul abilities most enrage timers are hard to get, hope with back in line you didn't mean making this specs going what other underperforming specs, instead making all specs doing what they should do for needed dps checks etc.

Otherwise I do not see any pugs clearing more than only first bosses on 10man even this can go for premade groups, of course again some over performing combinations will appear but your goal shouldn't be nerfing X class/spec to what Y class/spec does but make both X & Y doing Z amount of goal and needed / expected dps for each member.

Exactly this. I really hope you all read this carefully. Nerfing things without bringing other things up to par makes 0 sense
    **** it dude. Lets go bowling

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    You want to buff AoE damage from a ST Spec? If you need cleave/ae damage play another spec.

Actually they buffed Chantion with their current changes,.
    I really don't think the argument for no useful aoe in single target soula lives up to scrutiny. I think it actually sticks out more when a single target soul doesn't have aoe. Shaman has high st and bonkers aoe , tempest has multiple aoe skills, riftblade again has multiple useful aoe skills, marksman does, elementalist does and nigthblade does crazy st and aoe. At this point aoe souls are kind of irrelevant. I would argue that all souls have some kind of st relevance and some useful burst or sustained aoe.

With regards to buffing warchanter... Yeah this will buff it for sure you are totally correct. They may have to nerf the damage then. Sadly though eternal weapons and their procs make all these things cloudy. Trion you should seriously consider removing eternal procs. Balance around not having the procs to have the most stable balance going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I would argue that all souls have some kind of st relevance and some useful burst or sustained aoe.
    Does this mean that they're giving Assassin aoe?

Datamined the full set of tooltip changes and threw them up into a google docs document.

Disclaimer: This is all datamined information! It may not 100% accurately reflect what is on PTS, and some portions of this might be things that are implemented, but not hooked up yet! This information is NOT final, and is subject to change.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Does this mean that they're giving Assassin aoe?
    No it's just my suggestion that all dps souls have some form of aoe and that aoe souls are kind of pointless. Assassin could have a cd based aoe it could use to pitch in to damage clumped enemies, posion darts or something. I am not saying that all souls should be able to perform each task perfectly well just have something. I don't think PAragon should have crazy aoe but it should perhaps some small burst aoe it can use. It did use to have one in Vanilla....

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    FROSTKEEPER
    • Inner Might: Should now properly max out at one stack.
    RIP Inner Might

Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    RIP Inner Might

nice job man posting a video of yourself abusing a bug... ban hammer INC
    --------------------------------------Organization Drow--------------------------------------
    | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | RotP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | HK 11/11 | ID 8/8 | PF 4/4 |
    -------------------------------| TDQ 4/4 | FT 3/4 | EE 1/5 | -------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemocker View Post
    Lol, where exactly is he "abusing" it? I only see him showing off the problem/bug but without taking any advantage out of it.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    CLERIC

JUSTICAR
    • Fixed an issue where the Justicar’s Even Justice ability would proc its legendary effects with its normal version.
    WHY? it was never broken. even justice gives 3 all the time. it hits three times. it always has. so you hit someone twice with it you get 6 plus the one frome the every threee second buff in the tree. its normal. the legendary was just a gaurntee for 4-6 to hit on swing. so stop fixing whats not broken. it hasnt changed in the 6 years ive played a cleric tank why break it now? why destroy our tanking ability even more because people cry too much. your gonna make it hard as hell to tank. for real. threat is already an issue because of overtuned souls. so if you take away this because people dont know their class then please atleast up our threat gen. tanking is already a challenge in prime. dont make us obsolete...
    Last edited by Telemortum; 04-29-2018 at 10:31 AM.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemocker View Post
    A) You have no clue how to reproduce 40k+ earthen and i gave no instructions.
    B) Bug was reported 2 weeks ago, that's why the video was uploaded 17.04 and is unlisted.
    Youtube
    Twitch

Ewa
    Rift Disciple

Default WOW

wow
    wow
    wow

-Thank you Archonix and dev team for making these long overdue changes. It's clear a lot of work has been done.
    -Next test. Make sure they are the right changes and each class is far more balanced than before.
    -Can raid bosses still be killed with some of these changes. Now the testing begins.

Please encourage or incentivize testing from our top end players with teasure. Their feedback is critical in the last step. (copying our toon to PST is a must)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast