+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sentinel Wrathful Exuberance: Disabled on Prime:Vigil, pending tuning.

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Sentinel Wrathful Exuberance: Disabled on Prime:Vigil, pending tuning.

Hello Sentinel fans...

I am sure that it will come as no surprise that Wrathful Exuberance was coming in for an adjustment on Prime:Vigil. The ability is currently deemed so overpowered that Dev is disabling it immediately, until a tuning fork can be brought into play, hopefully next week.

Rationale: Sentinel is a healing spec and should not be the best DPS in the game.

Feedback is welcome!
    Brasse

How about instead of disabling good abilities you balance the under performing abilities. All you are doing right now is driving people away from the game.

Also, disabling abilities in this fashion with no notice is not going to make people happy.

Good luck retaining subs when you continue to drive people away from the game.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Rationale: Sentinel is a healing spec and should not be the best DPS in the game.
    Brasse
    On Live right now the top dps spec for warriors and in the top 5 in the game is a healing soul and has been for 6+ months.

How come this isn't being looked at while for months and months myself and others have constantly benn trying to bring it to your attention??

I really hope what I feared would happen isn't coming true here
    Last edited by Balidin; 03-26-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Hello Sentinel fans...

I am sure that it will come as no surprise that Wrathful Exuberance was coming in for an adjustment on Prime:Vigil. The ability is currently deemed so overpowered that Dev is disabling it immediately, until a tuning fork can be brought into play, hopefully next week.

Feedback is welcome!
    Brasse
    was is the spell too strong on prime? yes
    could this have been avoided with proper testing? yes
    Am I really annoyed by how Trion is handling this server? yes

PS: Even with the broken Exuberance, sentinel was definitely NOT the highest dps in the game. Are you guys even playing your own game?
    Last edited by Elscorpio; 03-26-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Elscorpio View Post

PS: Even with the broken Exuberance, sentinel was definitely NOT the highest dps in the game. Are you guys even playing your own game?
    Guessing one of the Devs plays on prime, is bad, and got out dps'd by a Sentinel.

I don't disagree that it's too powerful, but this reads like one of the many overdramatic qq my class IS THE WORST posts in the class subforums

Still waiting for that Elemental Barrage tuning fork.

Soulwalker

It was almost the top ST dps class. Which a HEALER class shouldn't be unless all healer classes can do a good bit of dps. So yes it was way OP.

Rather then whining about it being nerfed soon, we should all be disgusted that they have to disabled the skill instead of simply adjust a # that says 75% to something that is like 35%. It is absolutely ridiculous they can't simply change the % on Wednesday and have to disable it.

Because it WAS/IS op and needs nerfed. But disabling it is ridiculous.

Plane Touched

Hello Sentinel fans...

Feedback is welcome!
    Brasse
    I would really like to understand what you are balancing for, game wise? Expert dungeons/raid content? Warfronts? Sub-50 leveling/dungeons?

Right now it feels like wack-a-mole in an unplanned fashion, because it is not clear what you are balancing around. Defiler runs around destroying everything yet completely untouched balance wise, while everything else is wacked.

If Sentinal is getting a tuning fork for an ability, does that mean Elemental Barrage is as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
    It was almost the top ST dps class. Which a HEALER class shouldn't be unless all healer classes can do a good bit of dps. So yes it was way OP.

Rather then whining about it being nerfed soon, we should all be disgusted that they have to disabled the skill instead of simply adjust a # that says 75% to something that is like 35%. It is absolutely ridiculous they can't simply change the % on Wednesday and have to disable it.

Because it WAS/IS op and needs nerfed. But disabling it is ridiculous.
    The problem with this logic is the fact that their current build of Rift is the same as the live servers so any adjustment in class balance systems could have unintentional consequences to the live experience.

The thought process behind keeping the same build was that they could merge Rift:Prime into live like a Diablo Season when the population falls off.

However, by not creating a fork in the build and making simple tuning adjustments as needed, they have effectively complicated any development time 2 fold because the power creep on live is completely different than what it was on original classic. Had they created a fork in the build they could have simply merged character data and used that Rift:Prime build for another better iteration.
    Last edited by Ting; 03-26-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ting View Post
    The problem with this logic is the fact that their current build of Rift is the same as the live servers so any adjustment in class balance systems could have unintentional consequences to the live experience.

The thought process behind keeping the same build was that they could merge Rift:Prime into live like a Diablo Season when the population falls off.

However, by not creating a fork in the build and making simple tuning adjustments as needed, they have effectively complicated any development time 2 fold because the power creep on live is completely different than what it was on original classic. Had they created a fork in the build they could have simply merged character data and used that Rift:Prime build for another better iteration.
    We have not seen a single buff/nerf on prime separate from live. Only disable's. The fact they didn't think about this before hand is hilarious. If they simply can't nerf on 1 and not the other. Then either live or prime must die so the other may live.

It was capable of over 3k single target dps. It was without question the best dps spec in the game.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    How about instead of disabling good abilities you balance the under performing abilities.
    How do you impose that they "balance the under performing" skills when there is a healer soul which is top dps as well as still able to heal effectively? -- This is not something u can balance around when one is way over the top.

It was the highest dps of any healing soul which was more than the dps that an actual dps soul was able to do, while also being able to heal extremely well. Are you playing?

-----------------------

Sounds like some balance happened today.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    How do you impose that they "balance the under performing" skills when there is a healer soul which is top dps as well as still able to heal effectively? -- This is not something u can balance around when one is way over the top.

-----------------------

Sounds like some balance happened today.
    Actually it is very easy to balance because it is a single ability that does the dmg. This ability is a buff you put on the tank and all heals do 75% of their dmg. So tuning that to 20/30% is very easy and doable.

Changing numbers isn't hard. But it seems like because of how they set this up, which is maybe Prime pulls from the Live database. It makes it difficult. Thus they can disable what they receive, but changing #'s is more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
    Actually it is very easy to balance because it is a single ability that does the dmg. This ability is a buff you put on the tank and all heals do 75% of their dmg. So tuning that to 20/30% is very easy and doable.

Changing numbers isn't hard. But it seems like because of how they set this up, which is maybe Prime pulls from the Live database. It makes it difficult. Thus they can disable what they receive, but changing #'s is more challenging.

Right, except the person said that instead of nerfing broken abilities that they should of buffed the under performing abilities... .which makes zero sense, considering its a healing soul... does he propose to make all other healers equal dps?

I am well aware of how they could have tweaked the ability instead of disabling it, but that was not what I was replying to.
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-26-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Rift Disciple

Default Cleric Builds

Well, I for one think the balance should be what it should be was it was originally intended to be for RIFT. That is EVERY class should be able to compete in EVERY role. Sentinel certainly was good, but it was by no means the highest ST or AOE damage spec out there.

What are the souls that the Cleric class has to compete with in ranged ST DPS? That's right with the current state of inquisitor, there isn't one. Even their Melee DPS spec is far behind other classes dps specs. In terms of AOE Dps, Cabailist isnt bad, but SAB, MA, SC, and even Champion put it to shame.

Even in healing, the physician and liberator souls are really better than anything a Cleric has.

Lets try to get it right, instead of just having a knee-jerk reaction to everything. Be proactive rather than reactive.
    Last edited by Its Me; 03-26-2018 at 06:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast