+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sentinel Wrathful Exuberance: Disabled on Prime:Vigil, pending tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Well, I for one think the balance should be what it should be was it was originally intended to be for RIFT. That is EVERY class should be able to compete in EVERY role. Sentinel certainly was good, but it was by no means the highest ST or AOE damage spec out there.

What are the souls that the Cleric class has to compete with in ranged ST DPS? That's right with the current state of inquisitor, there isn't one. Even their Melee DPS spec is far behind other classes dps specs. In terms of AOE Dps, Cabailist isnt bad, but SAB, MA, SC, and even Champion put it to shame.

Even in healing, the physician and liberator souls are really better than anything a Cleric has.

Lets try to get it right, instead of just having a knee-jerk reaction to everything. Be proactive rather than reactive.
    Defiler bro, defiler.

Puri is the #1 single target healer

warden is the #1 burst aoe healer.

Cab's biggest strength is not its dps, and its extremely valuable.

A healer should never be doing competitive dps, while also healing. Don't lie to yourself that its okay because other DPS souls do more dps than it. This is not balance.
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-26-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Well, I for one think the balance should be what it should be was it was originally intended to be for RIFT. That is EVERY class should be able to compete in EVERY role. Sentinel certainly was good, but it was by no means the highest ST or AOE damage spec out there.

What are the souls that the Cleric class has to compete with in ranged ST DPS? That's right with the current state of inquisitor, there isn't one. Even their Melee DPS spec is far behind other classes dps specs. In terms of AOE Dps, Cabailist isnt bad, but SAB, MA, SC, and even Champion put it to shame.

Even in healing, the physician and liberator souls are really better than anything a Cleric has.

Lets try to get it right, instead of just having a knee-jerk reaction to everything. Be proactive rather than reactive.
    If your Sentinels weren't doing over 3k in experts their gear was bad and they have no clue how to manage their mana. It was without doubt the highest ST dps.

Runeshaper (a ranged Cleric soul) is now the highest ST dps, and Druid and Defiler are both also extremely good.

AGAIN, a HEALING SOUL has no business being anywhere near a discussion about competitive dps. Looking at you Warchanter. The embarrassments on live have y'all trippin.
    Last edited by Stihl; 03-26-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

I do not understand people claim it was okay to use sentinels as dps, ironically this is 2nd "wrathful" incident on rift old timers will know what i mean even thou they are not same skill.

Main problem with wrathful exuberance was not being effected by global damage reduction unlike other skills ingame and solution either limiting max damage on it by flat or applying global damage reduction on it.

Another irony is on live warriors forced to use healing soul for being competetive dps but this wasn't even looked into it for like over 7 8 months?

Seriously over and over disables, not managed tunes really keeping people away from game. I know current devs trying their best with limited man power they have but trion it's time to step up and increase your team members on this game instead of keep taking people to other projects.

You can't have same guy who does lore and do class balances, you can't have same guy doing raid / dungeon designing do class balances, this game needs at least 2 dedicated person for class balance and with prime and live tried to run as together by same team members, you just overloading yourself.

We still don't know who is lead designer after Vladd, we still didn't get replacement for position where keyens left and goes on.

So if you want success on this game please listen what we were saying since on live forums and increase team members of your first game instead of keep taking people from it.

Once again I really appreciate efforts of Eps,Tacitus, Icarus and other team members but seriously, stop giving more weight on this nice guys shoulders also bring back dedicated QA team for Rift, because saying we tested this and our people leveled up to 41-42 levels is not proper QA testing for both exp period and endgame.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Rift Disciple

I dont disagree about Sentinel, my point is that there need to be options.

On Vigil right now, Rogue healers are better that Purifiers. I run Purifier, DruShaman, and Cabalist. If cabalist isn't about DPS, maybe you can tell me why I can't queue as support as a cabalist?

Druids might be decent in raids, but we dont have raids yet -- when I notice people looking for dps for dungeons (normal and expert) they specify OP dps, specifically Sabs and MA. You see it all the time.

I have not had the privilege of grouping with a 3k dps sentinel, most of them have ranged from 800-1200 or so. I agree that you dont want to combine the healing and DPS souls - I am just saying that clerics need options that are effective. Defiler is ok, but its dot based and by the time they ramp up, mobs are dead and I personally cant stand it .

I take it with a little grain of salt coming from rogues -- right now they are in a really good place. Yes I am 50, and I do experts - I am not seeing what you are seeing, even in well geared guild groups.

Soulwalker

How much DPS does Sentinel do on live compared to other healers? I don't play live much, and I'm curious why it's OP on Prime. Is it just HPS scaled higher than DPS on Prime or what?

Rift Disciple

Until real balancing happens (instead of just disabling specific abilities) we will never be happy.

There are basically only a few different damage-dealer scenarios that occur:

1 target
    1 target + small add cleave
    small group (3-5 target)
    large group (5-8 target)
    massive aoe (8+)
    • Each class should have a reasonable single target spec (all within 3-5% of each other).
    • Each class should have the ability to excel at a few of these scenarios.
    • Each class should, optimally, have each of a melee, ranged, healer, and tank spec that can function adequately (maybe not 5% of the best but no worse than 10-15% of the best)

This can all be achieved by any one of the numerous spreadsheet lords that are known to inhabit these parts in very little time. If I understood the combat formulas better, it would honestly be a trivial endeavor. I don't understand why Trion disables core abilities and soul gifts rather than do PROPER balancing.

Is Prime as a server intended to stick around and possibly be re-started often, maybe even run as a season/ladder type set-up that some have suggested?

If so, then this approach of disabling things and potentially re-enabling them is just putting the work off for someone else to do later. Proper balancing must be done, at each level cap and possibly even between each raid tier.

I hope this is straightened out in the next two weeks because subs are coming and many players I talk to are not very happy with the state of the game.
    Last edited by Artifa; 03-26-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

Thank you!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Rationale: Sentinel is a healing spec and should not be the best DPS in the game.

Feedback is welcome!
    Brasse
    I have never ever been in a party with a Sentinel who had the best dps in the game or in that party. Not even once. I understand the problem BUT it was not the best. I've seen warriors (who ppl are complaining about) best dps in party, ive seen others, but sent best dps? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifa View Post
    Until real balancing happens (instead of just disabling specific abilities) we will never be happy....

[*]Each class should have a reasonable single target spec (all within 3-5% of each other)
    That is a wonderful goal and something nice to hope for. However in no MMO in the last 20 years has a DPS spec for each of the different classes been within 3-5% of each other.

Now I am not condoning the disabling of abilities and calling it "balancing". But I do not think Trion is either. Yes they have now disabled 2 abilities, yes it sucks, and their communication on the matter is very lacking.

But it is better than leaving them active until they have a fix. Regardless if that fix takes another week or a month.
    Last edited by Draknox; 03-26-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitez View Post
    I have never ever been in a party with a Sentinel who had the best dps in the game or in that party. Not even once. I understand the problem BUT it was not the best. I've seen warriors (who ppl are complaining about) best dps in party, ive seen others, but sent best dps? LOL.
    Are you playing on Prime? Are you grouping with people over level 40? If either of those is a no, then your comment has no merit here.

Sentinel was doing 2-3k single target DPS while healing. That is broken, and regardless of it is was "top" or not, a 40+ pt healer build should NEVER be competing with a DPS build, not even close.

Plane Touched

I play mage but why disable it? At the end of the day it's not hurting anyone. No game breaking loot. No ruined economy. I understand fixing it but why not just leave it be until you can fix it? Nobody is hurt from it except some NPCs.

Rift Disciple

It is disabled because it is gambreaking, just like Elemental Barrage was. These disables have to be followed up with real corrections later though
    Last edited by Artifa; 03-27-2018 at 04:26 AM.
    Climate
    50 Mage - Virgil

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    AGAIN, a HEALING SOUL has no business being anywhere near a discussion about competitive dps. Looking at you Warchanter. The embarrassments on live have y'all trippin.
    Sure, Chantion is strong on prime but not even close to the potential it has on live. Don't forget you are forced to use both power regeneration abilities Catch Your Breath & Tactical Rest. We don't have a eternal proc that is filling our power in no time, so no heal/damge during the 3s channel & 1s cast.

A 1-button-beastmaster (every damage spec should pull higher numbers than that) is doing more ST damage than a Chantion.
    Last edited by keepor; 03-27-2018 at 05:06 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Artifa View Post
    It is disabled because it is gambreaking, just like Elemental Barrage was. These disables have to be followed up with real corrections later though
    I donít think itís gamebreaking imo.

Gox
    Champion

Interesting. We all pretty much know turning things on/off is the only way to "balance" prime atm. Though it sounds like they are working on a way to possibly make prime soul changes that do not affect live. Its obvious they do not have the ability yet and it may still not be possible with their resources but it sounds like Trion is putting energy into finding a way to make more detail changes to just the prime game. We will see if they are successful but i am not holding my breathe there is an easy/cheap way to separate prime balance from live. My guess is the population will leave faster than they can make the game at least playable at level cap and then the will not be able to justify the resources to make prime what it could be. Hopefully im wrong but sadly if the experience stays the same and as much as i like the 50s rift i can't see myself and others like me staying.

Hopefully they can figure something out though now it makes sense why leveling was buffed soo much, they needed to keep players off the level cap for as long as possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast