+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: XP Adjustments - ongoing over time!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default XP Adjustments - ongoing over time!

Hello!
    Dev has just boosted XP for invasions, rifts, footholds, collosi and zone events. Enjoy!
    (no downtime was needed)

We continue to review all the numbers on Prime... dev is online alongside you and we're looking at EVERYTHING. We absolutely welcome your feedback!

RIFT ON!
    ;-)#

Rift Disciple

Open world pvp turned on please? even if its for set hours/days? PLEASE )

Rift Disciple

Default Life saga

I know u mentioned it in the stream but can u think about to release the life saga now? It was the most fun to do this massif quest line parallel to our normal questing. I don't like to go back at max lvl and do this. It feels like I missed something and have to do it now.

Soulwalker

Default Thank You Trion

Heya Brasse, Thank You and congratulations on a successful launch. The community is alive, Vigil is full and people are falling in love with the game once more. Rift Prime has restored my hope not only for Rift, but for the genre.

Concerning XP, I believe XP was where it should be and the XP increase is still within that range. Although, I do believe in and support the Devs view that Rift Prime isn't a race, necessarily, but an experience to enjoy, so I support the soft gate of XP, but thank you for listening to the community none the less.

The only critique I have is that I would LOVE as I'm sure the rest of the community would of seeing those Que times go down.

Thanks
    Last edited by Straego; 03-11-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Straego View Post
    Concerning XP, I believe XP was where it should be and the XP increase is still within that range. Although, I do believe in and support the Devs view that Rift Prime isn't a race, necessarily, but an experience to enjoy, so I support the soft gate of XP, but thank you for listening to the community none the less.
    Thanks
    You think the xp is where it should be?!? even after the boost, if you finish one quest hub then do the breadcrumb quest to the next, you're still 2-4 levels below where you "should" be. A player shouldn't have to win 7 warfront matches to try to catch up between every quest hub. There's a difference in making it a race to 50 and have xp be properly balanced throughout the expected zone levels.

Telaran

I can tell you I made it to Stonehaven about three levels low. I did pvp until I gained a level and then plowed forward. There are more quests in this zone but despite the extra quests and additional pvp, and Rifts I now find myself three levels behind. I got it back to two but I can't make any headway. Always smashing mobs three levels higher than you isn't exactly enjoyable.

I don't think questing needs a huge boost but ten or twenty percent across the first 20 levels seems completely justified.

The fact that people are seeking out ways to exploit the fastest exp possible points to a slow exp problem. This is Rift Prime, exping should be enjoyable . . . so let us focus on that, make it enjoyable where (the majority) people are not out to find the next exploit.
    Last edited by archyx; 03-12-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    Est. 1999 - We Go Again

Like I said on other thread this change is forcing people to not do quests even dungeons because of rifts, footholds and invasions give more exp and you can leech them, there is many people afk farming invasions too, so literally this is not so much different than having instant adventures in the game both ways are enabling leechers and most of this people are not having any clue of the game neither its mechanics etc.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Although I do agree that questing XP should get buffed a bit, The rift/invasion exp buff has not stopped me from doing dungeons or warfronts. Also, it's one of the largest factors in the game, it would only make sense to be buffed so people would do them. I still quest from time to time, mainly for gear though.
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

Now i do not have to worry because of the search for experience - i can calmly destroy the rifts and simultaneously perform quests.
    Last edited by Ontheya; 03-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Personally I'm not racing to 50..I love to experience the zones/stories. But...as I hit Gloamwood I definitely noticed the quest/level gap more. (mobs were 2-3 levels above me, and quest exp was a tiny drop in the bucket for advancing) From what I'm hearing..it gets even worse later...eek.

I also noticed it felt empty questing ..very few players working on quests (vs competition in Silverwood for quest objects etc) At first I thought it was due to less players being in the zone altogether but.......then a huuuge zerg ran by, with another group not far behind. Although I'm one of those that loves questing and the stories, I found myself abandoning my quest efforts and mindlessly hopping on the zerg train to catch up so I could move on in the zone.

Don't get me wrong, I also love the Rifts/invasions! I just hope quest exp may be bumped up so it feels like its worth doing equally and the zone is worth combing through entirely.
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-13-2018 at 07:33 AM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

The whole intention on bringing back the good ol' times works for a certain group..

But challenge or not, people usually don't change that much..

So what do you see.. about 80% of the people running instances from level 17 up.. (dungeons are apparently too difficult at level 15 and slowing down the group) and farming levels through dungeon.

people questing in groups in the first zone.. and at level 14, they wonder where to quest next.. for the xp gain in a 20man quest group is rather low, so they rushed through the storyline/quests gaining lower kill xp.

rift/invasion zergs in one zone rewarding close to a full level, while in another zone, you get maybe 3 blocks on the bar.

I'd say XP distribution is not as balanced as should be

Telaran

Was this change reverted this morning during server downtime?
    Taxt FixWarriors
    Sin Filled Afterlife

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

As mentioned on the livestreams, the changes to xp will be made over time.

This morning, xp was returned to the same level as on RIFT Live for Invasions and Footholds. The pop rate for these events has also been returned to Live rates.

A general xp nudge upwards (not rocket boost, a nudge) is planned for tomorrow.

Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    As mentioned on the livestreams, the changes to xp will be made over time.

This morning, xp was returned to the same level as on RIFT Live for Invasions and Footholds. The pop rate for these events has also been returned to Live rates.

A general xp nudge upwards (not rocket boost, a nudge) is planned for tomorrow.

Brasse
    Ok..dumb question probably, lol.......but does "returned to Live rates" mean it was lowered, or bumped up?

Glad if the xp nudge effects everything generally, since we all like to play all (different) parts of the game
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast