+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: XP Adjustments - ongoing over time!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    XP has been dramatically increased across the board for Prime.
    You mean decreased, right? there was a very slight increase Wednesday, but it had little effect on quest xp (because of the insane amount of xp you need to gain a level)

Quote Originally Posted by Devilokk View Post
    You mean decreased, right? there was a very slight increase Wednesday, but it had little effect on quest xp (because of the insane amount of xp you need to gain a level)
    Oops - I mean dramatically increased XP to gain a level.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    As mentioned on the livestreams, the changes to xp will be made over time.

This morning, xp was returned to the same level as on RIFT Live for Invasions and Footholds. The pop rate for these events has also been returned to Live rates.

A general xp nudge upwards (not rocket boost, a nudge) is planned for tomorrow.

Brasse
    Quest turn in XP still needs a large boost... like double it. Even with it double for all quests, we'll still need to farm dungeons and other things, but at least questing won't feel worthless. If a level 44 hub in Shimmersand gives out 12 total quests, getting 12% from turn ins isn't that much for completing a quest hub.
    At level 44, you need just over 800k to level, and quests are 3.3-3.5k completion. Going with the high end, that 228 quests, not counting what you get for having to kill things for those quests, which give 400-500 XP.

Here is the question for Trion; what is the goal/main objective of Rift Prime for the customer? Is it the enjoyment of your product? Or is it something else? I am hoping it is the former (which also means more $$$ for Trion) and if it is the case, then let it be known, the current exp/lvling rates of Prime are not enjoyable.
    Est. 1999 - We Go Again

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    Quest turn in XP still needs a large boost... like double it. Even with it double for all quests, we'll still need to farm dungeons and other things, but at least questing won't feel worthless. If a level 44 hub in Shimmersand gives out 12 total quests, getting 12% from turn ins isn't that much for completing a quest hub.
    At level 44, you need just over 800k to level, and quests are 3.3-3.5k completion. Going with the high end, that 228 quests, not counting what you get for having to kill things for those quests, which give 400-500 XP.
    Over 800k to level from 44 to 45? That's just ridiculous. That is nearly 3 times more experience than it took at launch. When quests at that level are still only giving about 3.5k, that's just unrealistic.

Time to consider a rocket boost and not a nudge if they want most of the folks who would play and pay for Prime to keep doing so.

http://rift.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_to_Level
    Last edited by Preon; 03-16-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Preon View Post
    Over 800k to level from 44 to 45? That's just ridiculous. That is nearly 3 times more experience than it took at launch. When quests at that level are still only giving about 3.5k, that's just unrealistic.

Time to consider a rocket boost and not a nudge if they want most of the folks who would play and pay for Prime to keep doing so.

http://rift.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_to_Level

Its rough man. If 50 is your goal the current options are dungeon farming, dungeon farming, or dungeon farming.

My signature isn't centered.

Telaran

I find sad that we didn't get a statement from anyone of the rift team as a follow up saying if anything is going to be done about this.

They said in the patch notes they would monitor it, there's only so much monitoring that needs to be done, doesn't take a rocket scientist to compared the original XP tables vs the current ones and see that an entire zone of quest barely giving a level is a problem (In the 40s that is)

Everyday they don't say anything or announce that a MAJOR bump in the xp will be done is another bullet they shoot in their own foot. People will just quit and game will be barren again.

i would like to add something about the debolstering system the xp gained from mentoring is minimal the higher you are and wondered if this was also intended or a over sight.

for example when at 43 you enter rotf your mentored to lvl 22 and gain xp as if you are level 22 instead of xp for level 43. this imo seems a little off is it not the point of mentoring so you can continue to do content in w/e zone w/e dungeon with friends or complete it ect, if so why are we penalized for doing so ?

this might help with the current state in the 40's that i am finding.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt View Post
    i would like to add something about the debolstering system the xp gained from mentoring is minimal the higher you are and wondered if this was also intended or a over sight.

for example when at 43 you enter rotf your mentored to lvl 22 and gain xp as if you are level 22 instead of xp for level 43. this imo seems a little off is it not the point of mentoring so you can continue to do content in w/e zone w/e dungeon with friends or complete it ect, if so why are we penalized for doing so ?

this might help with the current state in the 40's that i am finding.
    This is how I thought the system was supposed to work. Was really excited at the concept of doing dungeons with friends of any level and still getting rewards scaled to my level. What a disappointment that was!

My signature isn't centered.

i mean we get loot of our level so there is still a reason but just curious why xp was not included.

Rift Disciple

I noticed that as well. Did ROTF yesterday and the exp was terrible compared to the higher level dungeons. Hopefully this oversight is addressed as I will just be leaving these groups when I get a lower level dungeon like rotf. I am fine eating the debuff as its just flat out not worth people's time. It's sad when people are resorting to these types of methods to level because of quests being a complete joke. I vividly remember leveling my first toon to 50. I never did a single warfront until after I hit 50. I did maybe 2-3 dungeons and quested almost exclusively the whole way. I even hit level 50 before touching Stillmoore. I think IPP was a level 45-50 zone back then?

I am almost positive this exp scaling was designed with patron 50% exp bonus in mind. Why they didn't account for that on prime is pretty confusing. I recall one of the devs on the weekly live stream mocking people complaining about the exp and stated something along the lines of "i thought you guys wanted a hard server". Please do not associate mind numbingly boring with hard. By a hard server we mean difficult dungeons/rifts/raid encounters etc... I personally hope that the raids are way over tuned. Terrible exp gain does not make something hard.

tl;dr invasions/rifts/wf/dungeons should be nice activities to do along the way to 50. It should NOT be the main method to level. I personally will not be quitting due to the exp issues but I am confident many people will. A healthy population is key to the longevity of the Prime project. Don't let stubbornness be the reason it fails.

I don't understand the thought process on this one truly.

Reduce the amount of exp gained and increase the amount required by a huge amount.

I mean I love prime because of it not being p2w that's what I love most about it but then they make insane changes to the leveling experience that makes no sense.

People are obviously willing to pay for rift without the p2w aspects why make the exp requirements so stupid.

Make the exp rates the same as actual vanilla Rift and a ton of people will be happy, as it is now a ton of people are upset about the exp requirements.

This is the equivalence of taking a painting like the Mona Lisa and saying I can improve this and you take a crayon and start drawing stick figures on it. It's not an improvement it sucks.

Telaran

Yeah, I watched this guy stream making 330K exp / hour which is amazing exp, but with the exp requirement being so high he would make like 1 level per 3 hours or so lol.... that's just stupid....

I think trion is scared to bump the exp up again because of the dungeon farming. This would make it even crazier and make the leveling even faster, and I think they might not be able to specifically increase only quest exp maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokta View Post
    Yeah, I watched this guy stream making 330K exp / hour which is amazing exp, but with the exp requirement being so high he would make like 1 level per 3 hours or so lol.... that's just stupid....

I think trion is scared to bump the exp up again because of the dungeon farming. This would make it even crazier and make the leveling even faster, and I think they might not be able to specifically increase only quest exp maybe?
    What's it really matter though? Let the people that want to speed their way to 50 do it, a majority of the population won't do that I would gather and then at least the casual population would actually be able to feel like they're making progress.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mikoto Misaka View Post
    What's it really matter though? Let the people that want to speed their way to 50 do it, a majority of the population won't do that I would gather and then at least the casual population would actually be able to feel like they're making progress.
    That wasn't my point. My point was that even by playin super hardcore dungeon grinding its really slow and that I think Trion might be scared to bump the exp up across the board because those methods can be done by the most casual to speed through levels. We're talking about simply running a dungeon. I think you took my reply the wrong way and should read it again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast